Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1971 10 23 Cowtown Ballroom, Kansas City, MO E+L 1st (RobSam doctorzap).  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox
DL-List
Complete: [ 41 ]

doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-08-16 10:09   [Quote] 
Lineage: Maxell XLII 1st gen > Nakamichi DR-1 > Realtek HDAudio pentium i7 > Soundforge 10 Pro Highest quality setting Izotope 64 bit src downsampling / MBIT+dither> TLH

1971 10 23 Cowtown Ballroom, Kansas City, MO
Early show
65 min, Aud, B
Call Any Vegetable, Anyway The Wind Blows, Magdalena, Dog Breath, King Kong, 200 Motels Finale, improvisations

Late show
90 min, Aud, B+
Peaches En Regalia, Tears Began To Fall, Shove It Right In, A Pound For A Brown, Sleeping In A Jar, Wonderful Wino, Sharleena, Cruising For Burgers, Billy The Mountain, Who Are The Brain Police?
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-08-16 11:57   [Quote] 
1974 03 08 - Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall, Kansas City, KS

115 min, Aud, A-/B+

soundcheck intro, Cosmik Debris, Montana, improvisations, Dupree's Paradise (incl. Carolina Hard-Core Ecstasy vamp), Pygmy Twylyte (incl. Dummy Up), The Idiot Bastard Son, Cheepnis, Andy, Florentine Pogen, Kung Fu, Penguin In Bondage, T'Mershi Duween, Dog Meat, RDNZL, Village Of The Sun, Echidna's Arf, Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?, King Kong, Chunga's Revenge, Mr Green Genes

No surprise here another upgrade from kansas city coming next
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
frank2441
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2011-08-16 13:38   [Quote] 
doctorzap wrote:

115 min, Aud, A-/B+

soundcheck intro, Cosmik Debris, Montana, improvisations, Dupree's Paradise (incl. Carolina Hard-Core Ecstasy vamp), Pygmy Twylyte (incl. Dummy Up), The Idiot Bastard Son, Cheepnis, Andy, Florentine Pogen, Kung Fu, Penguin In Bondage, T'Mershi Duween, Dog Meat, RDNZL, Village Of The Sun, Echidna's Arf, Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?, King Kong, Chunga's Revenge, Mr Green Genes

looking forward Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-08-16 18:36   [Quote] 
doctorzap wrote:
1974 03 08 Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall, Kansas City, KS

115 min, Aud, A-

cooler
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pepe Nusbaum
Power Poster
EU.gif
Post 2011-08-16 21:40   [Quote] 
sweet

If you just been lowered down here on tv by a wire connected to a brown leather harness, forced by a crazy person to insert a mysterious imported lamp into the reproductive orifice of a lady harpist, and you were a dwarf.....would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVafHLqjRmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEr7ym4-r5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx7M5ufDfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ip7U-aAMTc
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
joesmith
usa.gif
Post 2011-08-17 02:07   [Quote] 
doctorzap wrote:

115 min, Aud, A-/B+

Is this another source or just a lower gen?

Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-08-17 02:41   [Quote] 
Quote:

Probably a lower gen, once we look at it for FZShows, we will compare everything we know of.
In general Rob's tapes are darn good, he has an excellent collection. Has interviewed Frank himself, co-founder of Society Pages etc...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
robsam
Contributor
thailand.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-08-17 10:06   [Quote] 
Drew51 wrote:
Quote:

In general Rob's tapes are darn good, he has an excellent collection. Has interviewed Frank himself, co-founder of Society Pages etc...

Drew, thanks for that. I'm glad to have passed my tapes along to people who can appreciate and share them with other Zappa freaks. Just to keep the facts straight though...I was never a co-founder of Society Pages. It was started in 1980 by a bunch of really cool Norwegian Zappa fans...I can't remember any of their names except for Knut Ole Rosted who I did a bunch of trading with way back when. The Norwegian guys passed the magazine along to me, Den Simms and the dynamic Eric 'Big Hoof' Buxton in 1989. I was a co-publisher of Society Pages for about 5 years before it all went to shit. The interviews with Frank and just being at his house are still the highlights of my life so far. I doubt I'll ever top that acheivement, but it's still a pretty cool claim to fame!

Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-08-17 12:27   [Quote] 
Thanks Rob, as during that time I was taking a break from the collector world, I forgot about how it started. One day I will put up all the issues in our misc forum.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2011-08-18 15:19   [Quote] 
Thanks for these 1st gen 1971 uploads.

Looks like the Late Show should constitute a minor upgrade (B+/B) to our current
unknown gen FZ Shows seed of this show (B/B- imo):
1971 10 23 (L) Kansas City MO 89.02 Aud (CU-H-walk)
with this source & lineage info:
Quote:

Source: 89:02 min, B+/B (dull sounding and a lot of clipping and distortions)
Lineage source 1: AUD > ? > traded CDR > EAC (secure mode) > wav Audition 1.5 (retracked, gaps, clicks & crackles and repeated parts removed, EQ'ed a bit) > shntool > flac frontend (lvl 7) & CDR
Lineage source 2: AUD > ? > cass/? > A/D nakamichi/UA-5 USB > wav Audition 1.5 (tracked only, EQ'ed a bit, speed correction b0.20) > shntool > flac frontend (lvl 7) & CDR

Same cuts in both versions.
The CU-walk version has 2 more secs of material after the Pound For A Brown tape flip cut.

Any other source/version we should look at, before moving on with an FZ Shows preparation of this 1st gen ?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-08-18 15:41   [Quote] 
Quote:

Any other source/version we should look at, before moving on with an FZ Shows preparation of this 1st gen ?

I have copies and upon a quick listen is they sound generated and are cut very strange. As Pat said in another thread, probably only one source for these KS tapes. So i have nothing to add.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox All times are GMT

Jump to: