Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Seen any good movies lately?
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
Dark Clothes
Busy Poster
Post 2020-06-05 05:32   [Quote] 
I think I'm watching Back to the Future 4 on the news all the time now - and Biff has done really well for himself in this version.

wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2020-06-05 07:38   [Quote] 
Dark Clothes wrote:
I think I'm watching Back to the Future 4 on the news all the time now - and Biff has done really well for himself in this version.
I thought he seemed familiar!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
bohemian
uk.gif
Post 2020-06-05 10:44   [Quote] 
The Exterminating Angel by Luis Buñuel

A surrealist film about a group of high-society socialites who are mysteriously confined in one room in a villa. As tensions rise, their etiquette rules become frayed and broken...

Thomas Ades’ opera of the same name and based on the movie is being streamed for free on the Metropolitan Opera website this Friday/Saturday.

"Zappa was good, but Beefheart's the man" - Jimmy Carl Black
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2020-06-05 12:49   [Quote] 
bohemian wrote:

A surrealist film about a group of high-society socialites who are mysteriously confined in one room in a villa. As tensions rise, their etiquette rules become frayed and broken...

Thomas Ades’ opera of the same name and based on the movie is being streamed for free on the Metropolitan Opera website this Friday/Saturday.

a brilliant movie though my favorite Bunel is 'The Discrete Charm of the Bourgeoisie' the dinner party with everyone sitting on toilets and then getting up to go to a small private room to eat, all done as perfectly normal and polite has left a lasting impression on me.
For those who have got into KOREAN film since PARASITE then check out The Vengeance Trilogy is a series of three films, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy and Lady Vengeance, directed by South Korean filmmaker Park Chan-wook.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
bohemian
uk.gif
Post 2020-06-05 18:36   [Quote] 
wingedeelfingerling wrote:
bohemian wrote:

a brilliant movie though my favorite Bunel is 'The Discrete Charm of the Bourgeoisie' the dinner party with everyone sitting on toilets and then getting up to go to a small private room to eat, all done as perfectly normal and polite has left a lasting impression on me.
For those who have got into KOREAN film since PARASITE then check out The Vengeance Trilogy is a series of three films, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy and Lady Vengeance, directed by South Korean filmmaker Park Chan-wook.

I know the scene, but it’s from The Phantom Of Liberty.

I really like Buñuel’s films and Discreet Charm is one of my favourites. Fernando Rey always impresses.

"Zappa was good, but Beefheart's the man" - Jimmy Carl Black
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2020-06-05 19:26   [Quote] 
bohemian wrote:
wingedeelfingerling wrote:
bohemian wrote:

I know the scene, but it’s from The Phantom Of Liberty.

I really like Buñuel’s films and Discreet Charm is one of my favourites. Fernando Rey always impresses.

you are right on both counts it is Phantom of Liberty and Fernando ray is brilliant...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Mptgi23YE
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2020-06-07 22:02   [Quote] 
If you like a Brooklyn wiseguy movie weirdly starring a British actor Tom Hardy alongside James Gandolfini Then The Drop is a doozy....
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cookie_manager
Power Poster
Post 2020-06-22 20:51   [Quote] 
I watched Patty Schemel's "Hit so hard" online yesterday and now ordered the DVD.
The band Hole is not really my thing but I really dig Schemel's vibe as a person (it's essentially a biographical film on her).
To get a better context for what's going on there, checking out at least early Hole seems inevitable now.

I sometimes play "Doll Parts" in my drum lessons, so Patty has already been present there for a while.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 25 of 25 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: