Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Seen any good movies lately?
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
arf
Poster
france.gif
Post 2014-04-29 18:23   [Quote] 
The best offer (2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeI830kIUS4

Recommended !
 [Profile]  [PM] 
scoobie
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-04-29 20:43   [Quote] 
Quote:
Wild Strawberries (1957)

Those are all great films. Have you seen The Phantom Carriage? I've probably mentioned it here before. I do every chance I get. It's a keystone, and its influence pops up all over the place. Directed by and starring Victor Sjöström, who you'll recognize from Wild Strawberries, it's the film that put Bergman down the path to filmmaking and initiated his relationship with the director. The darkly Dickensian story concerns the plight of a ne'er-do-well when, after dying on New Years' Eve, he is obligated to work as grim reaper for the next year. As harvester of souls, he is forced to confront the impact that his former irresponsibility had on his family and friends.

It's a silent film. But there are good in-camera special effects and a good score, restored and released by your friends at Criterion Collection. It's a great movie for Christmas time when everybody else is watching Scrooge do the usual.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2014-05-01 11:43   [Quote] 
scoobie wrote:
Quote:
Wild Strawberries (1957)

Those are all great films. Have you seen The Phantom Carriage? I've probably mentioned it here before. I do every chance I get. It's a keystone, and its influence pops up all over the place. Directed by and starring Victor Sjöström, who you'll recognize from Wild Strawberries, it's the film that put Bergman down the path to filmmaking and initiated his relationship with the director. The darkly Dickensian story concerns the plight of a ne'er-do-well when, after dying on New Years' Eve, he is obligated to work as grim reaper for the next year. As harvester of souls, he is forced to confront the impact that his former irresponsibility had on his family and friends.

It's a silent film. But there are good in-camera special effects and a good score, restored and released by your friends at Criterion Collection. It's a great movie for Christmas time when everybody else is watching Scrooge do the usual.

Ah, I knew he was some "famous" director but didn't research, so thanks for the legwork.

I don't collect dvd's but I really need to pick up a copy of Persona, need that one close.
Watched it 3x before returning and I'm hankering to live in that world again like right NOW.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2014-05-25 10:08   [Quote] 
while this thread title is supposed to be for GOOD movies, I must rant....

the new GODZILLA is an unbelievably BORING piece of shit. I have never felt so ripped off by a movie. It is so bad I'd rather watch the horrible Matthew Broderick Godzilla again than this one.
Took an hour to see Godzilla's face, when he engages the bad guy monster. AND THEY INSTANTLY CUT AWAY to people watching the news of the battle on teevee! And then back to the incredibly flat and boring human element, which has really bad acting. They do this cut away from the battle AGAIN later in the film. And the male lead is totally unlikable, comes off as a dick from the get go. Aaaaaah!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Ob
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2014-05-29 12:30   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:

the new GODZILLA is an unbelievably BORING piece of shit. I have never felt so ripped off by a movie. It is so bad I'd rather watch the horrible Matthew Broderick Godzilla again than this one.
Took an hour to see Godzilla's face, when he engages the bad guy monster. AND THEY INSTANTLY CUT AWAY to people watching the news of the battle on teevee! And then back to the incredibly flat and boring human element, which has really bad acting. They do this cut away from the battle AGAIN later in the film. And the male lead is totally unlikable, comes off as a dick from the get go. Aaaaaah!

My view is very different.
I thought it was a fab film: great pace, fantastic imagery, lovely monsters, a great green message, increadible FX and an interesting score. Yeah the main guy was a little boring, but he was acting opposite Mr Breaking Bad and Godzilla - anyone would be flattish in comparison - and id rather watch him than half the current crop of "leading" actors. And i liked the linking of scenes via the TV etc. I thought it was very well edited - actually lingering on shots to create emotion other than the ususl eeeeek.

Most importantly, for me, was that it wasnt the usual exposion, explosion, explosion, shout shout, explosion (repeat until utterly bored like all the recent superhero films).

I'm going back for seconds

[Profile]  [PM] 
DoctorNerve
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-05-29 12:43   [Quote] 
If you like old Godzilla movies - then this was on par. Otherwise it was pretty weak in a lot of ways. Some nice FX though.

bleachboy
Power Poster
france.gif
Post 2014-05-29 21:04   [Quote] 

He could be a dog or a frog or a lesbian queen
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2014-05-30 09:54   [Quote] 
Ob wrote:
brainpang wrote:

My view is very different.
I thought it was a fab film: great pace, fantastic imagery, lovely monsters, a great green message, increadible FX and an interesting score. Yeah the main guy was a little boring, but he was acting opposite Mr Breaking Bad and Godzilla - anyone would be flattish in comparison - and id rather watch him than half the current crop of "leading" actors. And i liked the linking of scenes via the TV etc. I thought it was very well edited - actually lingering on shots to create emotion other than the ususl eeeeek.

Most importantly, for me, was that it wasnt the usual exposion, explosion, explosion, shout shout, explosion (repeat until utterly bored like all the recent superhero films).

I'm going back for seconds

Well wonders never cease. A pal o' mine liked it, too. I thought Mr. Breaking was bad in it as well. I was really disappointed in the soundtrack.
There are some cool bits but found it overwhelmingly action-generic. I really like Desplat's ZERO DARK THIRTY soundtrack, the opener of
which is more Godzilla than Godzilla, I think. Anyway, I stand by my negativity. PACIFIC RIM, which is a somewhat successful hommage to
the great Japanese monster movies, is worthy of the Palm d'Or compared to Godzilla.
Different strokes, as they say. Sure hope the new Planet of the Apes comes through for me. It costs like 40 bucks to take my son to these things. Nice to bond and all, but there's better ways to spend the moola than feeding Hollywood.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
rabbit
Contributor
uruguay.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-06-26 14:41   [Quote] 
THE HOAX ( 2014 )

On Tv right now in Brasil.Starring:FIFA with their corrupted pimps.Every day until july 13!!!!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2014-08-26 13:08   [Quote] 

Never read the book or seen any of the film adaptions but that didn't stop me from loving this...
musically, a little footage of MAGMA included, who were to be involved.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cyranoDB
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-08-26 21:41   [Quote] 
Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DoctorNerve
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-08-27 18:57   [Quote] 
Finally watched Captain America - Winter Soldier

Was pretty damn good as super hero movies go. Top 5 for that genre I would say.

rabbit
Contributor
uruguay.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-08-28 15:26   [Quote] 
DoctorNerve wrote:

What's your top 4 of the genre?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
DoctorNerve
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-08-28 16:35   [Quote] 
rabbit wrote:
DoctorNerve wrote:

The others would be in no particular order since I dig em all about the same -

The Incredibles - Yup... being a 3D artist and having done some work with Pixar in the past - LOVE IT. Good Bond style music score too.
The Dark Knight - I wasnt convinced Heath Ledger would do justice to The Joker but I was blown away. Batman Returns should be in this list but if I had to pick one - close second.
Iron Man - Also a surprise at the rebirth of sorts of Robert Downey Jr... plus it was just a really entertaining film with lots of great action. Funny dialog too.
Superman II - Christopher Reeve - the newer ones just dont do it for me. They have some moments because CG is so good now - but they're not like the old ones. This is a little campy here and there but I like the Donner re-release with the left out footage.

DoctorNerve
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2014-08-28 16:36   [Quote] 
DoctorNerve wrote:
rabbit wrote:
DoctorNerve wrote:

The others would be in no particular order since I dig em all about the same -

The Incredibles - Yup... being a 3D artist and having done some work with Pixar in the past - LOVE IT. Good Bond style music score too.
The Dark Knight - I wasnt convinced Heath Ledger would do justice to The Joker but I was blown away. Batman Returns should be in this list but if I had to pick one - close second.
Iron Man - Also a surprise at the rebirth of sorts of Robert Downey Jr... plus it was just a really entertaining film with lots of great action. Funny dialog too.
Superman II - Christopher Reeve - the newer ones just dont do it for me. They have some moments because CG is so good now - but they're not like the old ones. This is a little campy here and there but I like the Donner re-release with the left out footage.

The Avengers gets a honorable mention. Good one too.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 3 of 25 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: