Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1971 10 16 Stony Brook NY raw dat (musigny23)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox
DL-List
Complete: [ 21 ]

flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2011-06-18 10:32   [Quote] 
from musigny23's original Shoebox seed (2011-01-25 01:22)
description post:

I think this was mentioned as needing a worthwhile source. This is sourced from the reels of the Grape-EQ-Jeff tape archive. I believe that it is not a Grape master as he was going to college in Boston at the time. Also it is definitely two discrete channels but I wouldn't really call it "stereo". I'll see what else I can find out. Hopefully this is useful.
The lineage believed to be:
MC > reel (plybck deck-Revox B-77) > DAT Panasonic 3700 (internal A/D 48k)

It may be a 2nd rather than a first gen reel. Either way it is pretty clean of generated flaws and very listenable. It may also be from an early and late show. I don't know what zappateers are holding of this already so it may or may not be helpful. There are some cuts that seem to indicate some indeterminate amount of missing material.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
JWB
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2014-01-17 08:50   [Quote] 
I've compared this to the tracker version, and though it's lower gen and definitely has better fidelity...the tape is in very poor condition. There are dropouts all over the place, as well as azimuth shifts and other distracting problems. Compared to the tracker version, it just isn't a pleasant listening experience.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Shoebox All times are GMT

Jump to: