Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
CB Work Tape and Various 196? - 197? (number1823)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Beefheart Corner On The Tracker
DL-List
Complete: [ 61 ]

Houseworker
uk.gif
Post 2011-06-14 15:26   [Quote] 
I'm reseeding this again post the second hack. Originally posted by number1823 on Dime. Again, the file names are unchanged but you'll need the new .torrent file.

It's from Mcchocchoc's collection!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=345057

Captain Beefheart ( Don Van Vliet )

Work Tape Excerpt & Various ( 196? - 197? )

01. Work Tape Excerpt ( 9:48 )
02. Hoboism ( 7:17)
03. Lick My Decals Off, Baby ( Plunderphonics Mix ) ( 2:45 )
04. WHFS Station ID ( 00:18 )
05. Work Tape Excerpt ( 9:56 )

total time approx 30 min.

Maxell XLII-S Tapes > Onkyo Tape Deck > TDK DA-3826 > CD-R > PC > Wav > Traders Little Helper Flac level 8 > dimeadozen

trk 5, same way except with a Sony Deck.

transfer - mcchocchoc aka JBK, from the cassette Archives here.

Some info . . . .

Track 1 & 5 "Work Tape Excerpt". Amazing excerpt from one of Don's "work tapes".
There has been a version of this floating around the interwebs for some time. That version was ripped from a cassette that came from a dub of the copy in my collection. So this version is one gen closer to the original source. I did NOT index the track(s). It is one long track.

It is short and I think it should be listened to all the way through. That said, here is a track list made up by a friend of mine. This was taken from the text file of a version that was up over at the awesome zappateers site . . . .

Captain Beefheart
End of 1968/Early 1969
Ensenada Drive, Woodland Hills, Los Angeles

Tracks:
01-Untitled Piano Song (1:33)
02-Untitled Piano Instrumental #1 (1:53)
03-A Lot Of Money For You, A Lot Of Money For Me-Untitled Piano Instrumental #2 (1:19)
04-Short Whistling (0:10)
05-Untitled Piano Instrumental #3 (2:04)
06-Why Can't We Be Free? (0:50)
07-Untitled Piano Instrumental #4 (0:58)
08-Untitled Piano Instrumental #5 (0:31)

I also included the date and location ( listed above ) as written in the same text. I have no idea when this recording(s) was actually made, so I did not date it. That said, my friend who posted it also knows his stuff ! This is a very cool peek into the way Don created and captured moments of inspiration.

The only difference between the two tracks ( 1 & 5 ) is that I did the transfers 10 years apart. I figured I would include them both since this is a very short track list. OK, I think that all makes sense . . . . . moving forward . . .

Track 2 - HOBOISM. The Captain and the incredible Denny Walley. Recorded during 1975 or 76.
Recorded at home ? In a studio just goofing around ? I have no idea, but it is a great track. It has NEVER been "officially" released. It has been released on a "silver" boot, but I do not buy "boots" and I have not heard that version. This, like all of my shares, is from my own tape collection. The quality is pretty good and it's an exciting listen. My wife said it sounded good, so here it is. ( If anybody has a better quality recording, share it ! ). I love this track.

Track 3 - Lick My Decals Off, Baby ( Plunderphonics Remix by John Oswald ).
" The legendary "Plunderphonics" exponent takes the 'Decals' album and mixes it
down to ONE TRACK " ! ! ! ! This is just awesome. And never officially released.
The vocal intro is just wild ! Very interesting mix. A fun and crazy listening
experience. A must hear recording/mix.

Track 4 - WHFS Station ID by Captain Beefheart. Harmonica and Voice. 197?.
( I am thinking 71 or 72 ). Very short, but very good quality and pretty cool !
( too bad I can not share the "radio ads" for the " Decals " albums I found on the same tape I pulled this track from. Two different Radio Spots for the album, featuring little snippets of music from the "official" release ).

Enjoy.

NEVER FOR SALE. FREE / TRADE ALWAYS & ONLY. THANKS. ENJOY.

Last edited by Houseworker on 2011-06-15 09:51; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Zappamaniac
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2011-06-14 15:35   [Quote] 
Houseworker wrote:
I'm reseeding this again post the second hack. Originally posted by number1823 on Dime. Again, the file names are unchanged but you'll need the new .torrent file.

WHAT? A second hack? I didnīt know about that. Guess I have to wait for the reseed of the Beefheart Symposium till itīs safe...

Donīt let your meat loaf
Heh, heh, heh
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Houseworker
uk.gif
Post 2011-06-14 16:05   [Quote] 
Zappamaniac wrote:
Houseworker wrote:

WHAT? A second hack? I didnīt know about that. Guess I have to wait for the reseed of the Beefheart Symposium till itīs safe...

Unfortunately it might be a long wait:

http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=209056#209056

Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-06-14 16:57   [Quote] 
Quote:

It took all of 5 minutes to repost a show. All this did was make us better. All that was lost can be recovered or replaced. We now know how to fix it, we discovered our backup was not working right, this really saved us we only lost 6 months, it could have been 5 years. Now we know we are backed up! It's all good. An obvious example of the cup half full or half empty, I'll take the former, and top it off! A toast to Zappateers, so Zappacheers! It is very sweet tasting, yes!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Houseworker
uk.gif
Post 2011-06-14 17:03   [Quote] 
Drew51 wrote:
Quote:

It took all of 5 minutes to repost a show. All this did was make us better. All that was lost can be recovered or replaced. We now know how to fix it, we discovered our backup was not working right, this really saved us we only lost 6 months, it could have been 5 years. Now we know we are backed up! It's all good. An obvious example of the cup half full or half empty, I'll take the former, and top it off! A toast to Zappateers, so Zappacheers! It is very sweet tasting, yes!

Don't think I was complaining, quite the opposite, I'm very appreciative of all the work that gets put in to keep a site like this running, even without any hackers.

Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2011-06-14 17:12   [Quote] 
Quote:
Don't think I was complaining, quite the opposite, I'm very appreciative of all the work that gets put in to keep a site like this running, even without any hackers.

Yes, of course, thanks for these Beefheart torrents!! Your actions speak louder then words, most excellent. This is our place, and all. Great you are here!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Matango
usa.gif
Post 2014-04-01 23:28   [Quote] 
Thanks for the seed for this one.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Beefheart Corner On The Tracker All times are GMT

Jump to: