Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1984 xx xx Hunchentoot demo 12.30 STUDIO full sample (WIU2B)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills
DL-List
Complete: [ 75 ]

WIU2B
Contributor
netherlands.gif
Contributor
Post 2010-10-05 12:46   [Quote] 
1984 xx xx Hunchentoot demo.
12.30 min. STUDIO

01 Flambay
02 Spider Of Destiny
03 Planet Of My Dreams
04 Time Is Money

Lineage:
SBD>?>unknown gen Maxell XL II cassette>Nakamichi DR-10>Terratec DMX6 Fire 24/96 soundcard>Adobe Audition 3.0>WAV>Flac Frontend encoding level 8>FLAC

wiu2b

[Profile]  [PM] 
WIU2B
Contributor
netherlands.gif
Contributor
Post 2010-10-05 12:50   [Quote] 
I don't know the version found on the 'Demo's' bootleg, but it was told that this one could be an upgrade. Hope to find a definitive version of this.

[Profile]  [PM] 
Paolo
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2010-10-06 13:20   [Quote] 
This version and the one on Demo's sounds quite similar to me, this one here being slightly more "open". But one should check more closely: for instance, at the beginning of Flambay, the small flaw on the second piano note (after the words "very kind") seems to be a little more pronunciated here than on Demo's.

Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2010-10-06 16:14   [Quote] 
Quote:
the small flaw on the second piano note (after the words "very kind") seems to be a little more pronunciated here than on Demo's.

That is usually an indication that this is lower gen then. Flaws are the loudest on the master. Seems multiple dubbing knocks them down. After five years of doing this, we have seen it time and again be the case.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Paolo
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2010-10-06 18:32   [Quote] 
Drew51 wrote:
Quote:
the small flaw on the second piano note (after the words "very kind") seems to be a little more pronunciated here than on Demo's.

That is usually an indication that this is lower gen then. Flaws are the loudest on the master. Seems multiple dubbing knocks them down. After five years of doing this, we have seen it time and again be the case.

Thanks for the reply, didn't know about that.

Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2010-10-06 19:32   [Quote] 
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, didn't know about that.

We really discovered this with some 78 or 79 Hammersmith Odeon shows. A guy named SS taped a few, and I had first gens, and this one show had mic static or something llike that, and it was very noticiable on the first gen, other examples of the same source seem to knock down the flaw. In that case the rest of the show was much better though, here it is close, so lowest gen doesn't mean it wins all the time. Thanks though for checking it out, we really need people like you here, more of them, to help determine which is best. I would rather spend my time converting material, and not trying to disect it. Five years and I still have loads and loads to transfer. But at times i have to put together shows or give my opinion on these samples, and it takes time away from transfers. The tapes are not getting any younger. So your help is really priceless, thanks so much!
I have noticed you have been participating a lot, please, we need you, do not stop.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Yojimbo
Contributor
sweden.gif
Contributor
Post 2010-10-06 19:52   [Quote] 
All I have is a cassette dub of "Beyond the Fringe of Audience Comprehension" from Mystery Box.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2010-10-06 20:21   [Quote] 
Yojimbo wrote:
All I have is a cassette dub of "Beyond the Fringe of Audience Comprehension" from Mystery Box.

I have the box if a vinyl rip could be worth comparison
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Paolo
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2010-10-06 20:58   [Quote] 
Drew51 wrote:
Thanks though for checking it out, we really need people like you here, more of them, to help determine which is best. I would rather spend my time converting material, and not trying to disect it. Five years and I still have loads and loads to transfer. But at times i have to put together shows or give my opinion on these samples, and it takes time away from transfers. The tapes are not getting any younger. So your help is really priceless, thanks so much!

You're welcome Drew! Your words are really appreciated.
Since I have no tapes to share with the community, I'm happy if I can be somewhat helpful.

Drew51 wrote:
I have noticed you have been participating a lot, please, we need you, do not stop.

I'll do my best! Wink

OriginalHorndog
usa.gif
Post 2012-02-26 21:29   [Quote] 
Can I get a seed for this?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: