Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
strange 45s  
Hasi
Power Poster
austria.gif
Post 2010-01-22 14:21   [Quote] 

www.theimpossiblefestival.com
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2010-01-22 14:57   [Quote] 
They are all acetates, but I've never seen them before. And how come I totally missed that auction?!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2010-01-28 17:49   [Quote] 
Another strange single/album/ acetate ???????????????? Confused

z3.jpg
 Description:  
 Filesize:  31.21 KB
 Viewed:  213 Time(s)

z3.jpg

[Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2010-01-28 17:58   [Quote] 
manxzx wrote:
Another strange single/album/ acetate ???????????????? Confused

Test pressing of the LP? Where did you find this?
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2010-01-28 18:22   [Quote] 
A collector freind emailed me this, I wonder where he found this hmm I don't think it's a test pressing... I have some USA test pressings of that period and they all have "columbia rec. prod, santa maria" on the label...
Maybe a test pressing from another country? I don't know...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StatusBaby
Site Admin
england.gif
Post 2010-02-13 14:52   [Quote] 
BengoFury wrote:
They are all acetates

They are definately acetates - the second hole shown in the center was so the disc didn't slip as it was cut.
My guess is that they were not for the usual test purposes though - I think they are advance DJ copies - hence the "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp.

I have seen DJ copies before with the "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp and also stamped with a release date and a do not play before date.

Whoever got them has a very nice collection.

As a reference I'll post the pictures and description here before it disappears from eBay

Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them - Karl Popper

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
StatusBaby
Site Admin
england.gif
Post 2010-02-13 15:04   [Quote] 
Frank Zappa PROMO Jukebox 45s Singles LOT of 25 MOTHERS
Ebay Auction Ended 20 Jan 2010 Sale Price US $1.913,00 ca. EUR 1.405,58 Seller soul_discharge
Description:
Up for auction is a collection of 25 Frank Zappa promo jukebox singles. The 45's are single-sided and have a small hole, roughly 1/4" in diameter beside the standard record hole--note the pictures. All of the records are sleeved in industry standard paper insleeves, either white or green. Each 45 has various notations on the center-labels, the sleeves, and beyond the lock-grooves mostly highlighting catalog numbers and titles. Also the records are thick, heavyweight, and appear to be glass. The records did not come into my possession with covers, and as a result the sleeves have some slightly bent corners and a some wrinkling. There are no significant tears, rips, or stains on any of them. Several of the records on the Verve label are also sealed in plastic and as a result, those sealed selections are all considered mint condition. Below, I've compiled the inventory for the lot. Each listing will give a breakdown of details on each single in the collection, including, but not limited to title, label, runtime, catalog number, and their individual condition reports. Unless otherwise noted, "marker" refers to a China marker--basically a hard crayon. All of the records have been photographed, but only a few are featured in the actual posting. If you are interested, you can contact me and I will send you all of them in a zip file. The singles are as follows, in no particular order: 1.) FRANK ZAPPA "Little Umbrellas" Bizarre/Reprise Z-12136, Runtime 3:03, Vinyl VG+ (one 1/8" hairline, marker inside lock groove and on far outer edge, catalog number in marker on center label and "Zappa" is underlined), Sleeve G- (plain white sleeve, four corners are wrinkled, 1/4" tear in center cut-out, catalog number in marker, moderate ring wear) 2.) FRANK ZAPPA/RUBEN&THE JETS "Stuff Up The Cracks" Verve Z 3219, Runtime 4:37, Vinyl VG++ (one 1/4" scuff, marker inside lock groove, pencil on far outer edge, catalog number in pen on center label, arrow and a number "4" in pencil on center label, marker highlight over entire song title and "Zappa"), Sleeve G- (plain white sleeve, four corners are wrinkled, 1/16" tear on top open edge, song title, Ruben & The Jets, and catalog number in pen, moderate ring wear) 3.) Ruben and the Jets "JELLY ROLL GUM DROP" Verve Z 12123, Runtime 2:17, Vinyl VG+ (one 1" scuff, marker inside lock groove, catalog number and "ZAPPA" in marker on center label, ambiguous gray scuff on center label), Sleeve G- (plain white sleeve, four corners are wrinkled, catalog number in marker on back, moderate ring wear) 4.) Ruben and the Jets "DESERI" Verve Z 12121, Runtime 2:04, Vinyl VG++ (marker inside lock groove, catalog number and "ZAPPA" in marker on center label), Sleeve G (plain white sleeve, four corners are wrinkled, catalog number in marker on back, slight ring wear) 5.) FRANK ZAPPA/RUBEN & THE JETS "Later That Night" Verve Z 3212, Runtime 3:04, Vinyl VG++ (marker in lock groove, catalog number and "Zappa" circled in pen on center label, title underlined in marker, runtime circled in marker, "FRANK ZAPPA/RUBEN & THE JETS" circled with "AKA" written beneath in marker all on center label), Sleeve G- (plain white sleeve, four corners are wrinkled, song title, Ruben & The Jets, and catalog number in pen, moderate ring wear) 6.) FRANK ZAPPA/RUBEN&THE JETS "FOUNTAIN OF LOVE" Verve Z 3223, Runtime 2:57, Vinyl VG++ (marker in lock groove, catalog number and "ZAPPA" in pen on center label, song title circled in marker, "FRANK ZAPPA/RUBEN&THE JETS" underlined/parentheses with "AKA" written beneath in marker all on center label), Sleeve G- (plain white sleeve, four corners are wrinkled, catalog number, song title, and Ruben & the Jets in pen, slight ring wear) 7.) FRANK ZAPPA/RUBEN & THE JETS "CHEAP THRILLS" Verve Z 3217, Runtime 2:30, Vinyl VG++ (marker inside lock groove, catalog number in pen on center label, title circled, "FRANK ZAPPA" circled, and "5/sec" written all in marker on center label), Sleeve G+ (plain white sleeve, four corners are wrinkled, catalog number, song title, "Ruben & the Jets" in pen, slight ring wear) 8.) FRANK ZAPPA "PEACHES EN REGALIA" Bizarre/Reprise Z-12129, Runtime 3:37, Vinyl VG++ (marker in lock groove, catalog number and "ZAPPA" underlined in marker on center label), Sleeve G (plain white sleeve, four corners are wrinkled, catalog number in marker, moderate ring wear) 9.) THE MOTHERS "DOG BREATH" (Vocal) Bizarre/Reprise Z-12127, Runtime not indicated, Vinyl VG++ (marker inside lock groove, "MOTHERS" underlined and catalog number in marker on center label), Sleeve G+ (plain white sleeve, four corners are wrinkled, catalog number in marker, slight ring wear) 10.) THE MOTHERS "I'm The Slime" Discreet 33123, Runtime 3:35, Vinyl VG++ (marker inside lock groove, catalog number and "ZAPPA!" in marker on center label, "THE MOTHERS" circled in marker on center label), Sleeve VG (green card stock sleeve, very sharp) 11.) Frank Zappa "STRICTLY GENTEEL" Discreet 33130, Runtime 7:04, Vinyl VG++ (marker inside lock groove, catalog number, an arrow, and "4 sec intro" in marker on center label), Sleeve VG (green card stock sleeve, upper right-hand corner slightly wrinkled) 12.) THE MOTHERS "50-50" (Fifty Fifty) Discreet 33139, Runtime 6:08, Vinyl VG++ (marker inside lock groove, "(ZAPPA)" in China marker, catalog number in felt-tip marker, arrow and "4 sec" in pencil all on center label), Sleeve VG (green card stock sleeve, sharp) 13.) FRANK ZAPPA "Duke of Prunes" Discreet 33133, Runtime 4:20, Vinyl VG++ (marker inside lock groove, arrow and circle in China marker, catalog number in felt-tip marker on center label), Sleeve VG (green card stock sleeve, upper right-hand corner slightly wrinkled) 14.) FRANK ZAPPA "Pedro's Dowry" Discreet 33127, Runtime 7:42, Vinyl VG- (three light scuffs roughly 1 1/2" each, marker inside lock groove, catalog number, circle, and the number "3" in marker on center label), Sleeve VG- (green card stock sleeve, upper right hand edge slightly bent about 1/8" in) 15.) THE MOTHERS "CAMARILLO BRILLO' Discreet 33138, Runtime 4:01, Vinyl G- (1/2" hard scratch, marker inside of lock groove, "(ZAPPA)" and "O/L" in China marker, catalog number in felt-tip marker on center label), Sleeve VG- (green card stock sleeve, top center ring wear creased about 1" long) 16.) THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION "HOW COULD I BE SUCH A FOOL" Verve Z 21230, Runtime not indicated, Vinyl M (sealed, catalog number in pen on center label, line across center label in marker, "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp on center label), Sleeve M (sealed plastic over plain white sleeve, catalog number in marker) 17.) THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION "YOU DIDN'T TRY TO CALL ME" Verve Z 21219, Runtime not indicated, Vinyl M (sealed, catalog number in pen on center label, number "6" and line across center label in marker, "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp on center label), Sleeve M (sealed plastic over plain white sleeve, catalog number in marker) 18.) THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION "HUNGRY FREAKS DADDY" Verve Z 21241, Runtime not indicated, Vinyl M (sealed, catalog number in pen on center label, title circled, number "6" and line across center label in marker, "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp on center label), Sleeve M (sealed plastic over plain white sleeve, catalog number in marker) 19.) THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION "I AINT GOT NO HEART" Verve Z 21238, Runtime not indicated, Vinyl M (sealed, catalog number in pen on center label, line across center label in marker, "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp on center label), Sleeve M (sealed plastic over plain white sleeve, catalog number in marker) 20.) THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION "TROUBLE COMIN' EVERY DAY" Verve Z 21250, Runtime not indicated, Vinyl M (sealed, catalog number in pen on center label, line across center label in marker, "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp on center label), Sleeve M (sealed plastic over plain white sleeve, catalog number in marker) 21.) THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION "YOU'RE PROBABLY WONDERING WHY I'M HERE" Verve Z 21217, Runtime not indicated, Vinyl M (sealed, catalog number in pen on center label, circle, number "6" and line across center label in marker, "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp on center label), Sleeve M (sealed plastic over plain white sleeve, catalog number in marker) 22.) The Mothers of Invention "I'M NOT SATISFIED" Verve Z 21218, Runtime not indicated, Vinyl M (sealed, catalog number in pen on center label, line across center label in marker, "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp on center label), Sleeve M (sealed plastic over plain white sleeve, catalog number in marker) 23.) THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION "WOWIE ZOWIE" Verve Z 21221, Runtime not indicated, Vinyl M (sealed, catalog number in pen on center label, two arrows, "YES", the number "3" followed by "intro" and a line across center label in marker, "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp on center label), Sleeve M (sealed plastic over plain white sleeve, catalog number in marker) 24.) THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION "Motherly Love" Verve Z 21235, Runtime not indicated, Vinyl M (sealed, catalog number in pen on center label, line across center label in marker, "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp on center label), Sleeve M (sealed plastic over plain white sleeve, catalog number in marker) 25.) THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION "WHO ARE THE BRAIN POLICE????" Verve Z 21236, Runtime not indicated, Vinyl M (sealed, catalog number in pen on center label, circle, "4 2/D" and line across center label in marker, "FOR IMMEDIATE PLAY" stamp on center label), Sleeve M (sealed plastic over plain white sleeve, catalog number in marker)

9 Pictures

pic7.JPG
 Description:  
 Filesize:  10.77 KB
 Viewed:  2817 Time(s)

pic7.JPG

pic4.JPG
 Description:  
 Filesize:  11.14 KB
 Viewed:  2817 Time(s)

pic4.JPG

pic9.JPG
 Description:  
 Filesize:  11.94 KB
 Viewed:  197 Time(s)

pic9.JPG

pic8.JPG
 Description:  
 Filesize:  15.84 KB
 Viewed:  198 Time(s)

pic8.JPG

pic6.JPG
 Description:  
 Filesize:  12.05 KB
 Viewed:  204 Time(s)

pic6.JPG

pic5.JPG
 Description:  
 Filesize:  15.04 KB
 Viewed:  202 Time(s)

pic5.JPG

pic3.JPG
 Description:  
 Filesize:  11.81 KB
 Viewed:  204 Time(s)

pic3.JPG

pic2.JPG
 Description:  
 Filesize:  13.23 KB
 Viewed:  212 Time(s)

pic2.JPG

pic1.JPG
 Description:  
 Filesize:  15.16 KB
 Viewed:  202 Time(s)

pic1.JPG

Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them - Karl Popper

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
richast2
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2010-02-13 15:09   [Quote] 
I love the idea of going down to the soda fountain, ordering a huge malt, dropping in a quarter, and digging "Pedro's Dowry"!

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Collectors All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: