Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
frank zappa on the grateful dead  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
phishsweden77
sweden.gif
Post 2012-03-09 23:45   [Quote] 
Hello.Anyone who knows any quotes or interviews with Frank talking or have something to say about The Grateful dead?? would be interesting to hear what he would say.

bleachboy
Power Poster
france.gif
Post 2012-03-10 00:03   [Quote] 
Can't see one exept in Teen Age Wind, but I'm no expert

He could be a dog or a frog or a lesbian queen
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Stucco Holmes
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2012-03-10 04:20   [Quote] 
Garcia opened for him in 84, the shows are both out there. I hope Frank really made em laugh and think a little more, wish I could have been there for that event. Chicago 8-18-84, I think anyway. I wish they would have played together for an encore or some blues! Both of them are my favs. Ironic huh?

Pepe Nusbaum
Power Poster
EU.gif
Post 2012-03-10 04:30   [Quote] 
Owsley...

If you just been lowered down here on tv by a wire connected to a brown leather harness, forced by a crazy person to insert a mysterious imported lamp into the reproductive orifice of a lady harpist, and you were a dwarf.....would you do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVafHLqjRmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEr7ym4-r5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdx7M5ufDfQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ip7U-aAMTc
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2012-03-10 15:32   [Quote] 
Along with all other things hippie FZ bashed them at least once in the 60's, mentioning (in a quote reprinted in Ben Watson's book) that his high school band did a better job playing the blues.

However, there were other more positive mentions later. In a radio interview from 1977 09 08 Phoenix available from our site, FZ mentions that he had just heard a new song without knowing who the band was and liked it, and then found out it was the Dead.

In this 1989 interview from the Dead fanzine Relix, FZ does not bash the Dead but claims that the hippie audience went for the Dead, and stayed with them, while saying that a more diverse group of fans attended his shows.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
WGS
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2012-03-10 16:16   [Quote] 
I heard the Dead playing live a couple of times, and Jerry Garcia was the only one in the band that was singing on key. I have never heard anyone comment upon their piss poor live back-up vocals, but then no one ever makes fun of Mick Jagger singing off key either...

phishsweden77
sweden.gif
Post 2012-03-10 16:30   [Quote] 
the harmonies where off at times,but when they where on it worked fine..the dead aucostic in 1980 really shows the nice harmony blends

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: