Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1988 03 03&04 **FIXED** Chicago Illinois Enema v1+v2
Goto page:  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows -> Archived FZ Shows
DL-List
Complete: [ 298 ]
jimshoes
usa.gif
Post 2005-08-09 04:00   [Quote] 
ATTENTION: This Show has been removed from the Tracker because it does not currently meet Zappateers quality standards.

If you're interested in helping to fix it, please contact an Admin, or if you have an alternate source, please post it in Samples.

For more specific information as to why this show was pulled, please visit The Bad Sources Database.

sorry about the screw-up, this should work better; ive removed all the non-alphabet characters from the filenames.
once again, without the net...

Frank Zappa and the Untouchables
Illinois Enema volumes 1 and 2
Auditorium Theater, Chicago Illinois, March 3 and March 4, 1988
quality: EX audience recording(s)

Made from 1st gen analog source, complete shows. FLAC fingerprint files included.
complete fussy mastering info incuded in info text file.

setlist(s):

3-Mar 1988, Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL - w/ special guest Mr. Sting
----------
The Black Page #2, We're Turning Again, Alien Orifice, Any Kind Of Pain, Why Don't You Like Me?, Texas Motel Medley, When The Lie's So Big, Jesus Thinks You're A Jerk, Sofa, Stolen Moments, Murder By Numbers, Ain't Got No Heart, Love Of My Life, City Of Tiny Lights, Pound For A Brown, Stairway To Heaven, Whippin' Post, I Am The Walrus, Catholic Girls, Crew Slut, Strictly Genteel

4-Mar 1988, Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL
----------
Stinkfoot, When The Lie's So Big, Planet Of The Baritone Women, Any Kind Of Pain, What's New In Baltimore?, Stick Together, My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama, Willie The Pimp, Montana, Inca Roads, Zoot Allures, Texas Motel Medley, What Kind Of Girl? Peaches En Regalia, Torture Never Stops Medley, Yo Cats, Packard Goose, Jesus Thinks You're A Jerk, The Illinois Enema Bandit

This is the source that appeared in the Pink Floyd trading circles (!?!) a couple of years ago, I think it is different from others that circulate. Both nights are complete, with all the stage annoucements; three quick reel changes were patched with lesser quality bits from the Cleveland show (the next stop on the tour); all of these patches are less than 5 secs each. Stereo separation is pretty good, and the whole band comes through clearly.

I would like to keep these two recordings together, so as not to be confused with other sources from these shows. This set comes from the same taper and equipment for each night.

the 'official' cover art for this set is available here:

http://www.harvested.org/880303-Zappa/
http://www.harvested.org/880304-Zappa/

I think you will all really like this set. it's one of my favorites.

Enjoy!

Jim Shoes
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jimshoes
usa.gif
Post 2005-08-09 06:08   [Quote] 
* this torrent was revised shortly after the inital post
* so the comments are sort of 'out of order'

* go to page 2 of this comments thread to get the torrent link
* and to read the information about what's what on this

Last edited by jimshoes on 2005-08-09 15:28; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
LudzNL
Contributor
netherlands.gif
Contributor
Post 2005-08-09 07:29   [Quote] 
Thnx for the seed Wink
But shouldn't it be in the "Liberated Boot" section?

croation beat
usa.gif
Post 2005-08-09 07:35   [Quote] 
mines not workin keeps sayin failed ??? help
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jimshoes
usa.gif
Post 2005-08-09 07:48   [Quote] 
well this isn't really a 'liberated boot'; it was never for sale, or pressed as silver discs. these 'named' shows comes from the pink floyd trader's tradition of naming EVERY source that circulates, so as to differentiate the various multiple-source shows. these recordings started out on the traders circuit.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jimshoes
usa.gif
Post 2005-08-09 07:51   [Quote] 
hey folks, i have a limited (16k) upload bandwidth, so this will probably go faster if you let one person get a full seed before you hop on.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2005-08-09 07:52   [Quote] 
jimshoes; thx for seeding!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2005-08-09 07:59   [Quote] 
My Azureus says: "Data missing - C:\Downloads\fz-chicago88-flac\v2d2\09 The Torture Never Stops >.flac not found" and simply refuses to download anything Sad
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2005-08-09 08:05   [Quote] 
croation beat wrote:
mines not workin keeps sayin failed ??? help

I had problems as well (with Azureus) but it does work with the BitTorrent client.

http://www.bittorrent.com
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
LudzNL
Contributor
netherlands.gif
Contributor
Post 2005-08-09 08:09   [Quote] 
jimshoes wrote:
well this isn't really a 'liberated boot'; it was never for sale, or pressed as silver discs. these 'named' shows comes from the pink floyd trader's tradition of naming EVERY source that circulates, so as to differentiate the various multiple-source shows. these recordings started out on the traders circuit.

imslow prost

Last edited by LudzNL on 2005-08-09 08:11; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
WIU2B
Contributor
netherlands.gif
Contributor
Post 2005-08-09 08:10   [Quote] 
jimshoes wrote:

Well in that case it would be wise to seed some samples first. Especially from these shows as they are already widely circulating in different qualities varying from B+ to A 1st generation copies. When I speak for myself I have already 3 different copies from each show.

But thanks very much for seeding this.

[Profile]  [PM] 
jimshoes
usa.gif
Post 2005-08-09 08:26   [Quote] 
i think i might have a guess what the problem is - certain filenames have the > character in them - i was lazy and took the file names from itunes, where someone had added that > character to show that the song segues into the next, or something. silly deadheads. anyhow, sorry about that. should i stop this and fix that?

yea i guess i should have posted some samples. didn't think of it, sorry.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
deathglider
usa.gif
Post 2005-08-09 08:28   [Quote] 
Yes, please correct this. Some BT clients are not going to be able to open the torrent otherwise.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jimshoes
usa.gif
Post 2005-08-09 08:51   [Quote] 
i hate to stop this and start over if that isn't the problem though. can anyone confirm that > is some sort of illegal character for certain clients? i was just taking a guess based on that error posted above. is there some way i can let this continue, and then fix it after the fact, and make a new torrent? im sorta new at this torrent stuff, so any help would be appreciated.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mortimer1961
netherlands.gif
Post 2005-08-09 09:13   [Quote] 
If you start anew you could also delete the question mark in the title of track 07. This will also cause problems to some of us. Thanks!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 4 Goto page:  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows -> Archived FZ Shows All times are GMT

Jump to: