Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Problem With Updating A Torrent In El Paso
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Questions, Questions, Questions... -> Technical Mumbo-Jumbo For Board & Tracker
Post 2009-12-11 19:11  
MsPinky splitted this Topic from 1975 05 23 El Paso TX 92.13 SBD 2nd (Yojimbo) [fixed]

MsPinky (The Evil Prince)

usa.gif
Post 2009-12-11 19:46   [Quote] 
is there anybody out there running Azureus on a Mac who could give me a hand? I deleted the corrupted files, then tried to re-download, and it keeps trying to re-download the whole torrent.

Kristoftof
Contributor
france.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-12-11 19:58   [Quote] 
richast2 wrote:
is there anybody out there running Azureus on a Mac who could give me a hand? I deleted the corrupted files, then tried to re-download, and it keeps trying to re-download the whole torrent.

does a new folder is created , perhaps IN the other folder ?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
richast2
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2009-12-11 20:21   [Quote] 
Kristoftof wrote:
richast2 wrote:

it does create a new folder in the old folder sometimes. I suppose I could just suck it up and download the whole thing again.

Kristoftof
Contributor
france.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-12-11 20:29   [Quote] 
i think you must select the precedent folder, and azureus will find the good one himself

(if your folder is in another one, named "zappa dloads" for exemple, select this one when you run the new torrent)
 [Profile]  [PM] 
rampantbeast
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2009-12-11 20:34   [Quote] 
richast2 wrote:
Kristoftof wrote:
richast2 wrote:

it does create a new folder in the old folder sometimes. I suppose I could just suck it up and download the whole thing again.

I'm on a Mac. When uTorrent screwed up one of my uploads on another tracker recently (starting giving an error message at 47% complete for a load of leechers) I just switched to Transmission for the duration of the upload. I'm back on uTorrent now, as it seems to give me faster speeds.

But why not try Transmission - free download? Go to an old torrent file and right click it and make Transmission your new default torrent client. When you want to go back to Azureus just go to an old torrent file, right click and return it to your default client. Transmission works a bit differently to Azureus and uTorrent in that you load torrents on rather than point to a folder - but it doesn't take long to get the hang of.

Just a thought....
 [Profile]  [PM] 
richast2
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2009-12-11 20:48   [Quote] 
Kristoftof wrote:
i think you must select the precedent folder, and azureus will find the good one himself

(if your folder is in another one, named "zappa dloads" for exemple, select this one when you run the new torrent)

I tried that, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. I'm just going to re-download the whole thing.

TOGFIADO
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2009-12-11 21:30   [Quote] 
richast2
Quote:

rampantbeast
Quote:
I'm on a Mac. When uTorrent screwed up one of my uploads on another tracker recently (starting giving an error message at 47% complete for a load of leechers) I just switched to Transmission for the duration of the upload. I'm back on uTorrent now, as it seems to give me faster speeds.

But why not try Transmission - free download? Go to an old torrent file and right click it and make Transmission your new default torrent client. When you want to go back to Azureus just go to an old torrent file, right click and return it to your default client. Transmission works a bit differently to Azureus and uTorrent in that you load torrents on rather than point to a folder - but it doesn't take long to get the hang of.

Just a thought....

I used transmission until microtorrent (sorry, can't be bothered to find the mu character) was released on mac. Never had a problem. It's way faster, especially uploading which is good for our ratios. So I can't help I'm afraid, but just wanted to encourage you to keep using it. Very Happy

yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2009-12-11 23:31   [Quote] 
richast2 wrote:

That's exactly what happened to me with the previous fix, except I'm running uTorrent on a PC. I just assumed there's no logical explanation for it and re-downloaded the whole thing from zero...

This time it worked, started at 69% - go figure.

Thanks again!!!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-12-12 01:23   [Quote] 
Quote:
This time it worked, started at 69% - go figure

Same thing with Fuze, sometimes it works, sometimes no, and it re-writes or errors.
I really don't care anyway, I can download this five times, and my ratio will not change. Too large a number.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Zappa Penguin
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2009-12-12 04:28   [Quote] 
nitramziarreh wrote:
richast2 wrote:

That's exactly what happened to me with the previous fix, except I'm running uTorrent on a PC. I just assumed there's no logical explanation for it and re-downloaded the whole thing from zero...

Thanks again!!!

Make sure you point it a directory ABOVE the actual directory - for instance, if it's in c:\~music~\~zappa~\1975\ 1975 05 23 El Paso TX 92.13 SBD 2nd (Yojimbo), point the torrent client at c:\~music~\~zappa~\1975\ . Why torrent clients all behave like this is a complete fucking mystery, and it makes reseeding a pain in the ass at times.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
TOGFIADO
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2009-12-12 05:02   [Quote] 
C'mon ZP. Directory? c;\ etc? The guy is talking about a mac. We don't have that 80's (70's?) shit. Very Happy
Still don't know why there's a problem though. Personal experience suggests operator error (usually through over indulgence of one form or another). rasta

yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2009-12-12 14:59   [Quote] 
Zappa Penguin wrote:
nitramziarreh wrote:
richast2 wrote:

Thanks again!!!

Make sure you point it a directory ABOVE the actual directory - for instance, if it's in c:\~music~\~zappa~\1975\ 1975 05 23 El Paso TX 92.13 SBD 2nd (Yojimbo), point the torrent client at c:\~music~\~zappa~\1975\ . Why torrent clients all behave like this is a complete fucking mystery, and it makes reseeding a pain in the ass at times.

Not uTorrent - I always point to the actual directory, and it works 99% of the time. (Usually it understands that's the actual directory - otherwise, you just delete the excess in the pathname before running the torrent.)

You see, I like putting hyphens in and after the date...
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
bigtyke66
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2009-12-12 16:01   [Quote] 
richast2 wrote:
Kristoftof wrote:

I tried that, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. I'm just going to re-download the whole thing.

Let the new torrent create a new folder and start downloading. Now stop the torrent Then take the non-corrupt files from the old folder and place them in the new one so that the "new' files are overwritten. Start the torrent again, and Azureus checks the files up to about 69%, and away you go. It works every time for me when I have to do this.

Last edited by bigtyke66 on 2009-12-13 03:45; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
richast2
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2009-12-13 03:28   [Quote] 
bigtyke66 wrote:
Let the new torrent create a new folder and start downloading. Now stop the torrent Then take the non-corrupt files from the old folder and place them in the new one so that the "new' files are overwritten. Start the torrent again, and Azureus checks the files up to about 69%, and away you go. It works every time for me when I have to do this.

I tried that, too, and it didn't help. I think I'm going to try mu-torrent. thanks all for the help!

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Questions, Questions, Questions... -> Technical Mumbo-Jumbo For Board & Tracker All times are GMT

Jump to: