Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1970 11 29 (L) London Aud (Bob m-doctorzap)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills -> Archived Sample Threads
DL-List
Complete: [ 21 ]
doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-11-15 13:51   [Quote] 
full show sample

Recorded by ?

Lineage: master tape > ? > tape Maxell XLII , TDK > Sony TC-KE600S > Audigy2 44.1 /16 > soundforge 10 > Traders Little Helper flac.files

Transferred & edited by: Raymond Morelli Jr.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
NO8DO
Contributor
columbia.gif
Contributor
Post 2010-01-12 09:39   [Quote] 
Is this the (E) or (L) Show?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2010-01-12 09:58   [Quote] 
FZshows says currently:
Quote:
1970 11 29 - The Coliseum, London, UK
Early show
90 min, Aud, B/B-

Piano Prelude (q: Around The World In Eighty Days), The Sanzini Brothers, Call Any Vegetable, Penis Dimension, A Pound For A Brown, Sleeping In A Jar, Porko The Magnificent (incl. We Wish You A Merry Christmas, Rainbows Keep Falling On My Head, I Can't Give You Anything But Love, There's No Business Like Show Business), Sharleena, What Will This Morning Bring Me This Evening?, What Kind Of Girl Do You Think We Are?, Bwana Dik, Latex Solar Beef, Daddy Daddy Daddy, Do You Like My New Car?, Happy Together, The Air, Dog Breath, Mother People, You Didn't Try To Call Me, King Kong
Late show
110 min, Aud, B/B-

With Stephen Stills on guitar and vocals (*)

Little House I Used To Live In, Mud Shark, Holiday In Berlin, Cruising For Burgers, Easy Meat, Penis Dimension, Theme from the Patty Duke show, The Sanzini Brothers, The Air, What Will This Morning Bring Me This Evening?, What Kind Of Girl Do You Think We Are?, Bwana Dik, Latex Solar Beef, Daddy Daddy Daddy, Do You Like My New Car? (incl. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes), Happy Together*, Who Are The Brain Police?*, Who Are The Brain Police/jam* (incl. Dr. John Routine, ???), What Will This Evening Bring Me This Morning?* (incl. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, ???), The Sanzini Brothers

Main track of this upload ("1970 11 29.flac") starts with Sanzini Brothers > The Air
and ends with Penis Dimension > Theme from the Patty Duke show
so this looks like parts of the Late show, in a different order.

Second track ("1970 11 29 tape 2 side a.flac") starts with Drum Solo > Orange County Lumber Truck, then a Vamp in D min, Drum Solo, What Will This Evening (incl. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes),
is this also from the Late show ?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2010-01-12 10:10   [Quote] 
flambay wrote:
FZshows says currently:
Quote:
1970 11 29 - The Coliseum, London, UK
Early show
90 min, Aud, B/B-

Piano Prelude (q: Around The World In Eighty Days), The Sanzini Brothers, Call Any Vegetable, Penis Dimension, A Pound For A Brown, Sleeping In A Jar, Porko The Magnificent (incl. We Wish You A Merry Christmas, Rainbows Keep Falling On My Head, I Can't Give You Anything But Love, There's No Business Like Show Business), Sharleena, What Will This Morning Bring Me This Evening?, What Kind Of Girl Do You Think We Are?, Bwana Dik, Latex Solar Beef, Daddy Daddy Daddy, Do You Like My New Car?, Happy Together, The Air, Dog Breath, Mother People, You Didn't Try To Call Me, King Kong
Late show
110 min, Aud, B/B-

With Stephen Stills on guitar and vocals (*)

Little House I Used To Live In, Mud Shark, Holiday In Berlin, Cruising For Burgers, Easy Meat, Penis Dimension, Theme from the Patty Duke show, The Sanzini Brothers, The Air, What Will This Morning Bring Me This Evening?, What Kind Of Girl Do You Think We Are?, Bwana Dik, Latex Solar Beef, Daddy Daddy Daddy, Do You Like My New Car? (incl. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes), Happy Together*, Who Are The Brain Police?*, Who Are The Brain Police/jam* (incl. Dr. John Routine, ???), What Will This Evening Bring Me This Morning?* (incl. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, ???), The Sanzini Brothers

Main track of this upload ("1970 11 29.flac") starts with Sanzini Brothers > The Air
and ends with Penis Dimension > Theme from the Patty Duke show
so this looks like parts of the Late show, in a different order.

Second track ("1970 11 29 tape 2 side a.flac") starts with Drum Solo > Orange County Lumber Truck, then a Vamp in D min, Drum Solo, What Will This Evening (incl. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes),
is this also from the Late show ?

there was no indication of late or early on tape
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2010-01-12 11:05   [Quote] 
This has to be the Late show. Samples from other versions of this show upped in samples (Yojimbo, cu-globual etc.) do match with this recording.
The large 90 min file seemingly starts with tape 1 side B, followed by side A.
The second file most certainly includes the rest of the show,
plus at the beginning some material from a different(?) 1970/71 concert,
undocumented and unknown at this time.
That portion includes the final drum solo of an extended jam and an Orange County Lumber Truck Coda. No mention of this kind of portion in any of the current FZshows entries.

I will put up samples from this tape later, for easier comparison to our other sampled versions.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2010-01-12 11:36   [Quote] 
flambay wrote:
The large 90 min file seemingly starts with tape 1 side B, followed by side A.

The first two tape sides used to be reversed in FZShows as well. I suggested the correction to Jon in January 1998.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2010-01-12 14:00   [Quote] 
flambay wrote:

That portion includes the final drum solo of an extended jam and an Orange County Lumber Truck Coda. No mention of this kind of portion in any of the current FZshows entries.

Perhaps the May 1970 "MOI Reunion" tour?

As far as is known the London early show never circulated until I seeded wildfisherman's tape here two years ago.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2010-01-12 14:48   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
flambay wrote:

Indeed, this sounds like the last 3 min portion of the 700509 Fillmore show,
thanks for pointing me to the right direction, P.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
doctorzap
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2010-01-12 14:54   [Quote] 
flambay wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
flambay wrote:

Indeed, this sounds like the last 3 min portion of the 700509 Fillmore show,
thanks for pointing me to the right direction, P.

I had not noticed this sorry
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Samples & Fills -> Archived Sample Threads All times are GMT

Jump to: