Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
How To Seed A DVD Correctly  
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2009-07-16 09:12   [Quote] 
Level 1. This is the name of the folder you seed. It can be named anything you like, but should be the same name as the .torrent file and the title of the thread.
There's no point in having different names for everything, it just makes it difficult to locate the folder and .torrent file six months later.

Level 2. This folder level must contain the video files folder named in CAPS_&_UNDERSCORES and any other info files, md5's, ticket stubs, or anything else you think is important to include.

Level 3. This is the VIDEO_TS folder, it contains the video and audio files that are decoded by your player.

Level 4. The video files themselves.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2009-07-16 11:44   [Quote] 
A DVD has a precise structure - Don't change it or expect everyone else to know what that structure is supposed to be. No one likes a pile of coasters.

The only structure for a DVD is: NAME_OF_THE_DISC > VIDEO_TS > VOBs. There are no spaces. Underscores replace spaces, and there are NO lower case letters anywhere. Numbers are neither upper or lower case but are accepted in the DVD standard.

Not everyone uses the same software or operating system as you so use the universal naming convention that preserves the DVD structure and makes it easy for everyone to burn a good disc the first time.

DO NOT rename the folder containing the VIDEO_TS folder in lower case. If you do, it won't work if it's burned to disc on many standalone DVD players because it's NOT the DVD standard.

DO NOT put the info files, md5's or ticket stubs in the same directory as the VIDEO_TS. This is NOT a standard DVD structure. All additional files are placed in the directory above so they aren't burned to a DVD disc accidently.

DO NOT decide on a different name of the outer folder and then rename .torrent before uploading - This will ensure that the torrent file and the folder are next to each other in list view.

DO NOT put an entirely different description in the thread title and the .torrent file - 6 months later it will be impossible to search or locate it on your HD because you'll have no idea what you're looking for any more.

DON'T seed double DVD sets as separate discs - It just makes it more difficult to d/load both halves a year later.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Bakke
Poster
sweden.gif
Post 2009-07-16 12:51   [Quote] 
Thanks. I didn't know that "NAME_OF_THE_DISC" had to be in capitals.
So I just burn VIDEO_TS>VOBs

But sometimes I include INFO>artworks, etc in the root directory.
It works fine for me. But I have to use a program like"Burn4free CD and DVD"
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2009-07-16 16:21   [Quote] 
Bakke wrote:
Thanks. I didn't know that "NAME_OF_THE_DISC" had to be in capitals.
So I just burn VIDEO_TS>VOBs

But sometimes I include INFO>artworks, etc in the root directory.
It works fine for me. But I have to use a program like"Burn4free CD and DVD"

Yes, burning the VIDEO_TS and naming the disc yourself is a very common way to burn discs in NERO, but you should still have to name it in CAPS with underscores for it to play on every DVD player.

There was a way to keep any other files in the root directory of a DVD and that was putting all the covers and info files inside a new folder called EXTRAS_TS next to the VIDEO_TS - The DVD player ignores it but you can still access them on the computer. I don't do it myself, I prefer to have two copies, one the SEED DATA as it appears on the tracker and the other a working DVD. If one becomes unreadable I have the other as a back up.

There's another couple of points to making DVD seeds universally acceptable and have fool proof burning:
The number of Characters allowed in the DVD title standard is very limited and a title such as "A pioneer of future music part 1" would be truncated. Maybe if your software made corrections to folder titles it would be altered to "A_PIONEER_OF_FUT" and you'd have a universal DVD.
If you burned the disc as "A pioneer of future music part 1" it would NOT play on every DVD Player. Even though it might play fine for you, it might only play it on the next guy's computer.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-07-16 16:40   [Quote] 
An interesting thread. There's always something to learn on this forum Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-07-16 17:20   [Quote] 
unicrayon wrote:
So, with that said I'll upload some screengrabs to help you asses

Who are you calling an ass?

Thanks for the information. Maybe I'll finally be able to figure out why some DVDs play in the computer but not the DVD player and some play in the DVD player but not the computer.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2009-07-16 18:01   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
unicrayon wrote:
So, with that said I'll upload some screengrabs to help you asses

Who are you calling an ass?

Thanks for the information. Maybe I'll finally be able to figure out why some DVDs play in the computer but not the DVD player and some play in the DVD player but not the computer.

I was going to edit that line out when I'd finished the graphics, but that missing 's' deserves to stay for a while now you've quoted me Very Happy

Check the other sticky, that's where I put the screens that'll help with checking the disc for DVD compliance, it's the 3rd graphic.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ezyrdr
Post 2012-03-28 09:32   [Quote] 
excuse, what is exactly the tracker announce i should make a torrent with? cant find that nowhere...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2012-03-28 10:08   [Quote] 
The Zappateers tracker announce url is http://zappateers.com/bt/announce.php

In case that you would make a torrent file without the announce url or with a different one
the tracker corrects it automatically when that torrent gets uploaded and registered.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Videos All times are GMT

Jump to: