Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1974 11 17 Philadelphia 155.40 MC SBD w. 1st gen AUD fills (bburnett-Yojimbo) ZTLS#362
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows -> Archived FZ Shows
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2010-04-19 13:01   [Quote] 
nitramziarreh wrote:

I never realized that Ruth had a set of tubular bells in this tour... but it's clearly audible on "don't eat the yellow snow" hmm

You can also hear her play Louie Louie on the bells in the 1974 11 08 (E) show at the beginning of Ruthie Ruthie.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2010-04-19 13:48   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
nitramziarreh wrote:

I never realized that Ruth had a set of tubular bells in this tour... but it's clearly audible on "don't eat the yellow snow" hmm

You can also hear her play Louie Louie on the bells in the 1974 11 08 (E) show at the beginning of Ruthie Ruthie.

Right, there they are again... BTW, that reminds me a lot of Pierre Henry's "Psyche Rock" roflol

OTOH, I was listening to 1974-03-05 yesterday and when FZ lists all the instruments in Ruth's set he doesn't mention the chimes... so maybe they were acquired later that year?

drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2010-04-19 14:01   [Quote] 
nitramziarreh wrote:
OTOH, I was listening to 1974-03-05 yesterday and when FZ lists all the instruments in Ruth's set he doesn't mention the chimes... so maybe they were acquired later that year?

He doesn't mention chimes on 3/8/74 Kansas City either. And they're not visible in Token/Dub Room, are they?

Another instrument that appeared in late 1974 was George's ARP String Ensemble.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2010-04-19 14:26   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
nitramziarreh wrote:

He doesn't mention chimes on 3/8/74 Kansas City either. And they're not visible in Token/Dub Room, are they?

That's what I thought when I first heard them - it's been a long time since I last watched that video, but I don't remember seeing (or hearing) chimes there either.

drdork wrote:
Another instrument that appeared in late 1974 was George's ARP String Ensemble.

That's because it didn't exist before - it's a 1974 invention Wink
http://www.vintagesynth.com/arp/string.php

uncle Z
Busy Poster
ukraine.gif
Post 2010-08-13 10:53   [Quote] 
thank you very much! amazing band amazing times!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 6 of 6 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Shows -> Archived FZ Shows All times are GMT

Jump to: