Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1985 10 28 Planet X News 4m5 FM (OSFA~MrU)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Interviews/Radio Shows
DL-List
Complete: [ 96 ]

MrUMRK
Contributor
uk.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-02-23 09:30   [Quote] 
welcome to the new week.....me i,m somewhat jaded....ahh well

No 15: 1985 10 28 Planet X News 4m5 FM (OSFA~MrU)

oingo boingo and yes to the person that commented about the "GSW" project and repeating things......as the Admin have already commented , as an explanation why they did NOT want me to put this lot up as a group project again, some of the snippets can be easily missed in the "GSW" project and that explains why occasional repeats happen. Of course generally being quite short snippets in the Interviews/Radio shows it is not such a big issue, & you could always NOT download it. Surprised which leaves me with a PS:....tomorrows is the "Venice Lectures" from 1986, I have looked all over this site for any reference to it and CANNOT find it..... Crying or Very sad .So unless someone lets me know that is tomorrows offering....cheers

OK peeps, I’ve had these transferred tapes (digitized) for approaching 3 years now………..heck where did that time go. Shocked

Before any further comment, I /we are indebted to MrOSFA for his , quite frankly, amazing patience , in waiting to see any of his work on the tracker (yes a few have already gone up, but I have had these for a long time).

Before various things stop me ever getting these out, I’m now making an enormous effort in getting them to you all.

Generally speaking this is how I’ve got to this point.
1: Transferred them….thanks to StatusBaby for letting me do this.
2: Returned box of tapes to be sealed up in zappateers vaults.
3: Supplied samples/fills of the shows as they’ve come up….ongoing.
4: Chosen “Interviews/Radio Shows” section to begin with to attempt to clear things up.
5: Noted ALL interviews already available on zt site.
6: 5 allowed me to more than half the list in the box.
7: Carried out limited work…as always. Only improving sound.
8: Discussed best way to provide these with members of zappateers.
9: Decided with very few exceptions to put up as single file/folders…for speed and my own benefit.
10: Now finally getting them to you now.

Now these Interviews/Radio Shows range from 35s to over 2 hours. No 1 being the 35s one. The quality ranges from A down to C..just. Anything of less than C quality, and there were some, was not fully digitized.

This particular topic…aka Interviews/Radio Shows is quite problematic to those of us that indeed have to go through all the tapes…eg in my “old” mp3 folder there are more than 500 separate interviews. Yep folks, still a long way to go to collect them all in LOSSLESS.

I have kept the songs themselves intact, rather than omit them…call it conceptual continuity.

My dearest wish is that..in particular those that indeed have these tapes…preferably already digitized will hear these and with particular emphasis on the poorer quality ones be able to find amongst there own tapes better quality versions. This appears to me to be preferable to the already well worked. .but overloaded Samples/fills section……..methinks flambay is doing a wonderful job, but heck folks lets give him a break from any further additions to his workload……I’d like to propose that flambay for his efforts should be opted for peerage…aka not Mr but Lord flambay…Surprised

So you’ll now be seeing these Interviews/Radio shows daily (weekend excepted) for the foreseeable future then I’ll return to the remaining Vinyl “Liberated boots” when finished.

Perhaps 1 day I may get some rest and some space back on my hard drive…Surprised

Have a nice feb/march & early April.... Smile

inf
Frank Zappa
1985 Oct 28
Planet X news

Source: A
Lineage: FM > cass[TDK FE 90] > A/D Technics RS673 [az adj~Dolby out/Bias low/EQ 120us/EQ out/bias nominal/output 8~MAudio USB / CD A for tape/fill blend > SF8 vol adj only > flac front end
Taped by: N/A
Transferred by: MrUMRK
Transfer eng assist:SP
Edited: MrUMRK
File Size: 19MB (FLAC)

Setlist:
01 discussion the hearing's

abbreviations:
tf = tapeflip
[ = cut at the end
] = cut at the beginning
~ = fading in/out or connects two or more tracks played like one (medley)
-IC = incomplete
& = added from dif source, complete or partly

credits:
thanks to OSFA for this tape, Number 167 of more than 500
thanks to SP for invaluable assistance on tape transferral

final notes for reference:
061214....transferral date

Sound adjustments: (NOTE: always minimal)

fpt
851028 Planet X News.flac:ab0f7f4af97a197ed4e686a7713f5ba8

as always , I have avoided ANY modifications to the original tape recording.......this as the info notes state is one of my own, so a known lineage from the boot itself ,I have also made note to remove any officially available material.

NOTE:
Please be aware that during peak time (4pm~midnight GMT) there are restrictions on my ISP, rest of 24 hrs is free for all so patience appreciated.

Thank you
                                                                                thank you
                                                                                                                        and thankyou

cooler cooler cooler cooler cooler cooler cooler cooler cooler

Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-02-23 13:31   [Quote] 
The GSW project was never meant for this tracker, was never uploaded by Mike(T___) here. I myself don't care if you mess with my torrents, but he does. So since he is a taper, and has taped Zappa, which is on this tracker (Texas 1973 03 11 MC),and without the tapers we would have shit, we should honor his requests.
I think it's rather unfair to attack him since he would tell us then don't upload it.
I believe the Venice lecture was recorded by Ron Covall. I have 135 minutes version, and WIU2B might too?
8/23/86 72 Market Street, Venice, CA 135 minutes B+
I can't confirm, but I'm pretty sure I have a copy from Ron himself the taper.
You know I could have sworn WIU2B did this one. But it is not on the tracker.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Enema Bandit
Busy Poster
portugal.gif
Post 2009-02-23 13:44   [Quote] 
Thanks!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
MrUMRK
Contributor
uk.gif
Contributor
Post 2009-02-23 14:15   [Quote] 
Quote:
I think it's rather unfair to attack him since he would tell us then don't upload it.
I believe the Venice lecture was recorded by Ron Covall. I have 135 minutes version, and WIU2B might too?
8/23/86 72 Market Street, Venice, CA 135 minutes B+
I can't confirm, but I'm pretty sure I have a copy from Ron himself the taper.
You know I could have sworn WIU2B did this one. But it is not on the tracker.

Actually Drew I was'nt attacking him, and certainly would'nt anyway. Like yourself and no doubt many others, anyone putting up anything and all the work it entails is A-OK in my book. Surprised
It was just a response from someone on the last one I put up.....nuff said on that.

Yep, that's the venice one and in view of the rather bad quality B/C of the OSFA one and the fact it is shorter aka 82m, I'll give it a miss and eagerly await either your'es or H's if you think he has one. Smile

In fact it may well be an idea on the basis of this correspondence that whenever my next torrent is due the following day, if it's a long one ill put up a similar note to get a feeling /consensus.

Cheers Drew....thats a very +ve comment above Surprised

uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2014-03-15 13:33   [Quote] 
Thanks a lot for this one
UM

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Interviews/Radio Shows All times are GMT

Jump to: