Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Lumpy Money
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
MysteryBurger
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-11-25 11:59   [Quote] 
seriously tho - im psyched for this one

Robusto
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-11-25 13:09   [Quote] 
At least we have official word that it exists. But we can say the same about the Roxy DVD...Sad

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
richast2
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-11-25 13:14   [Quote] 
Weirdomusic wrote:
At least that sound clip sounds very promising.

to say the least!

CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2008-11-25 13:51   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
Zappa.com announces Lumpy Money is delayed. Sad

ZFT, don't play with my blood pressure Twisted Evil
 [Profile]  [PM] 
MysteryBurger
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-11-25 15:24   [Quote] 
the editing of the ZPZ stuff is probably getting in the way Smile

actually i worry about the resources being spread to thin - since dweezil and Joe maybe working on too much stuff to concentrate on releasing more FZ material faster

ndawer
Post 2008-11-25 20:11   [Quote] 
zappa tears. Crying or Very sad
 [Profile]  [PM] 
bigtyke66
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-11-26 01:14   [Quote] 
MysteryBurger wrote:
the editing of the ZPZ stuff is probably getting in the way Smile

Seems doubtful. At a wild guess, I would think the tweaking and mixing etc. were probably done a while back, and the delay is more likely with production, packaging, distribution etc.

thecreepingmess
uk.gif
Post 2008-11-26 10:10   [Quote] 
What a surprise!

Still, that sample was very pretty.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Paolo
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2008-11-29 14:04   [Quote] 
I keep playing and playing that 30" sound clip... Rolling Eyes
 [Profile]  [PM] 
MysteryBurger
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-11-29 18:50   [Quote] 
i keep playing money demos - which includes stuffit variations!

Paolo
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2008-11-30 00:19   [Quote] 
MysteryBurger wrote:
i keep playing money demos

... so do I. It's one of my very favorites. BTW, I always thought that the worst sound quality of Who needs the peace corps was very strange - something like a later addition from a different source. And the once-around 1/2 tone lower version - an even more charming pitch - didn't have Who needs the peace corps on it...

Quote:
which includes stuffit variations!

... and of course I keep playing the original mix of Cruising with Ruben and the Jets too - Stuff up the cracks has a great guitar solo! Wink

music014
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2008-11-30 02:34   [Quote] 
Paolo wrote:
... so do I. It's one of my very favorites. BTW, I always thought that the worst sound quality of Who needs the peace corps was very strange - something like a later addition from a different source. And the once-around 1/2 tone lower version - an even more charming pitch - didn't have Who needs the peace corps on it...

Well, if you listen closely to the last seconds of "Idiot Bastard Son" you'll notice the first half-second of "Who Needs the Peace Corps?".

In my opinion it was on the original acetate but was somewhat damaged so it had to be ripped from a cassette tape. Just an opinion, though!

cheers

ndawer
Post 2008-11-30 16:12   [Quote] 
Quote:
Quote:
Paolo wrote:

Well, if you listen closely to the last seconds of "Idiot Bastard Son" you'll notice the first half-second of "Who Needs the Peace Corps?".

In my opinion it was on the original acetate but was somewhat damaged so it had to be ripped from a cassette tape. Just an opinion, though!

never noticed that. I think you're right! but what would be the source for the cassette? hmm
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2008-11-30 16:44   [Quote] 
ndawer wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Paolo wrote:

never noticed that. I think you're right! but what would be the source for the cassette? hmm

I think a cassette from the acetate itself before it got damaged

cheers

Paolo
Busy Poster
italy.gif
Post 2008-11-30 20:08   [Quote] 
The Bastard Son wrote:

Nice answer, this could explain the oddity, Smile and of course Who needs... is a good "last track", while The idiot bastard son would be a much more abrupt finale. But actually I can't imagine a damage affecting the end of the record - which of course is somewhere around the center of the acetate - while I can easily figure out some problems with the edge of the acetate, but that would be affecting the first track, not the last. And probably not all of it. Also, The idiot bastard son didn't include the beginning of Who needs on my old copy and could be a mere tracking imperfection.

Anyway, Peace corps or not, I'm even more interested in the pitch/speed issue: in one word, should Lonely little girl be in F sharp major (like the versions on the tracker) or in F major (like my old copy)? I must confess I always loved the F major one... Rolling Eyes

Maybe Lumpy money itself will solve this puzzle! Wink

... and however it turns out, the 30" bit on the website is so damn beautiful! Mr. Green

Thank you BS! cheers

Last edited by Paolo on 2008-12-01 18:48; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 6 of 7 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: