Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Lumpy Money
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
richast2
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-10-22 11:41   [Quote] 
JohnOO wrote:
The "40th anniversary" thing she mentions in both articles means we'll see the reissue of the Roxy album in 2014?
And why release (apart from money) the 2 different versions at different times? Wonder what sort of headaches the 2 versions of the "MOFO" release caused!?

I wonder if she's using "40th anniversary" in the same loose sense that CCR did with their recent re-releases. It was 40 years ago today, give or take a couple years...

bagdub
usa.gif
Post 2008-10-22 12:14   [Quote] 
Great news, can't wait to here this! Hope their is no delay in the release... tunes

Frank Zappa- from GSW Vol. 7
 [Profile]  [PM] 
JohnOO
germany.gif
Post 2008-10-22 14:07   [Quote] 
richast2 wrote:
JohnOO wrote:
The "40th anniversary" thing she mentions in both articles means we'll see the reissue of the Roxy album in 2014?
And why release (apart from money) the 2 different versions at different times? Wonder what sort of headaches the 2 versions of the "MOFO" release caused!?

I wonder if she's using "40th anniversary" in the same loose sense that CCR did with their recent re-releases. It was 40 years ago today, give or take a couple years...

Hmm, hope so! Fingers crossed!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
la_biesta
Power Poster
belgium.gif
Post 2008-10-22 15:44   [Quote] 
really, great news!

lilit
Post 2008-10-22 16:02   [Quote] 
WOW!! Lumpy! One of my favourite !!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
NO8DO
Contributor
columbia.gif
Contributor
Post 2008-10-22 19:37   [Quote] 
I just hope G&S will be getting them in! Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
zachy
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-10-22 23:57   [Quote] 
While this is really cool, and I'll definitely be getting it, but everyone is overlooking the REALLY SHITTY aspect of this release: they're skipping Absolutely Free!!!

I happen to like that album quite a lot, definitely more than FO, and possibly more than WOIIFTM and LG... Who here wouldn't want to hear session outtakes from the studio musicians trying to wrap their heads around Brown Shoes, or the craziness at the end of America Drinks, or the craziness at the beginning of America Drinks, etc. etc.

richast2
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-10-23 00:59   [Quote] 
I think they probably would have done Absolutely Free if they felt there was anything worth releasing from those sessions. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

globual
Busy Poster
canada.gif
Post 2008-10-23 16:39   [Quote] 
zachy wrote:
While this is really cool, and I'll definitely be getting it, but everyone is overlooking the REALLY SHITTY aspect of this release: they're skipping Absolutely Free!!!

I happen to like that album quite a lot, definitely more than FO, and possibly more than WOIIFTM and LG... Who here wouldn't want to hear session outtakes from the studio musicians trying to wrap their heads around Brown Shoes, or the craziness at the end of America Drinks, or the craziness at the beginning of America Drinks, etc. etc.

apparently, there is not much releasable material from these sessions which would document the process of making the album. Lumpy and Money, on the other hand, are excellent choices, for we know of different versions and how layered this material is. Just think of The Chrome-Plated Megaphone of Destiny unpacked. I personally wouldn't mind the MOUM and the MOHR. The Hot Rats could in addition, as a sweet little Bonus Rat disc, include whatever live material there is in the vault.

globual
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ndawer
Post 2008-10-23 16:47   [Quote] 
holy crap, i can't wait this long for such a good release!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
progrockfan
Contributor
uk.gif
Contributor
Post 2008-10-24 17:41   [Quote] 
Quote:
A new version of "Cruising with Ruben and the Jets," Frank Zappa's third 1968 release, is also being prepared, while the Zappa Family Trust is working on other projects such as a vintage live album from the Roxy in Los Angeles and a set of Zappa's renditions of the compositions French composer Edgar Varese.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2008-10-24 17:46   [Quote] 
progrockfan wrote:
Quote:
A new version of "Cruising with Ruben and the Jets," Frank Zappa's third 1968 release, is also being prepared, while the Zappa Family Trust is working on other projects such as a vintage live album from the Roxy in Los Angeles and a set of Zappa's renditions of the compositions French composer Edgar Varese.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

LOL Yeah Very Happy
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
globual
Busy Poster
canada.gif
Post 2008-10-24 22:02   [Quote] 
those Roxy tapes have been baking for a long time all right. The good thing is should they come out in 2014, the year of their 40th anniversary, we're half way there, already over the hump, you know.

globual

Last edited by globual on 2008-10-25 09:56; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
la_biesta
Power Poster
belgium.gif
Post 2008-10-25 09:29   [Quote] 
The Evil Prince wrote:
I just hope G&S will be getting them in! Smile

And at the moment they are cheaper for us Europeans, remember taxes!

(ex: 3 items order at 65€, you win between 12 and 17 €'s, TAXES !)

Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2008-10-25 21:44   [Quote] 
Quote:
Let's keep our fingers crossed that the 40th anniversary edition of Joe's Menage in 2048 will include the full concert!

roflol At that point, I'll be lucky to able to cross my fingers or hear the full show, if I'm still kickin' that is. sage
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 7 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: