Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1971 06 05 FZ & Lennon Fillmore East NYC NTSC DVD
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Videos -> Archived FZ Videos
thunderjack
usa.gif
Post 2008-02-22 02:46   [Quote] 
Thank you, rampantbeast. thank you and thank you.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ArchivalAudio
usa.gif
Post 2008-02-22 03:40   [Quote] 
got this over at TTD
its okay
kinda cool
scum bag! rocks...
Wink

and its too bad that yoko is so high in the mix...
thanx for seeding it here
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Fish
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2008-02-23 15:43   [Quote] 
Thank you for sharing this one Exclamation

It is my second try to watch it, but i stand it only for 2 minutes again.
This woman is so horrible bad - not possible to listen or watch longer without destroying something.

But thank you anyway - now i have this one too Mr. Green
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BengoFury
Site Admin
sweden.gif
Post 2008-02-23 16:24   [Quote] 
As a Yoko fan, i must ask you all to stop hating her, she deserves respect as an artist even though her "singing" is a bit special Wink
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
rampantbeast
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2008-02-23 17:41   [Quote] 
Fish wrote:
Thank you for sharing this one Exclamation

It is my second try to watch it, but i stand it only for 2 minutes again.
This woman is so horrible bad - not possible to listen or watch longer without destroying something.

But thank you anyway - now i have this one too Mr. Green

Of course I share (almost) all the comments about Yoko frustration Barf me out! 2gunsfiring_v1 (sorry bengo) - but you should at least bear with it for the first four minutes to catch FZ's solo in Well.

I wasn't sure whether or not to seed this, so I'm glad so many have felt this was worth grabbing.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
velvetgrass
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-02-23 17:46   [Quote] 
Bengo Fury's not the only Yoko fan around here! I have her CDs "Fly" and "Feeling The Space".

RAYSYNNRAYSYNN
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2008-02-23 18:10   [Quote] 
BengoFury wrote:
As a Yoko fan, i must ask you all to stop hating her, she deserves respect as an artist even though her "singing" is a bit special Wink

If it wasn't for Yoko...........I'd hate to see where avant gard would have gone........especially the availability. Revolution #9 was most likely the first time most people heard weird art audio.......definitely the first pop radio venture towards the indescribable. I have a hard time listening at length to Yoko. But there is ALOT of good music & SINGING within her catalog. She is an unpresidented pioneer. She deserves credit & praise for opening that road & remaining viable.
Anyway.......I will DL this upgrade next week & set upon sync'ng the better audio to this. If this works well, I'll seed it ASAP.

Why has none of the other footage from the 71 Fillmore ever seen the light of day?
It's been more than hinted that such footage exists.
Zappacheers,
Raysynn
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2008-02-23 20:02   [Quote] 
BengoFury wrote:

Respekt for what? Razz

Thanks for this btw! Smile

cheers

pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2008-02-23 20:33   [Quote] 
Albert Goldman's Lennon book (admittedly a bad source, but the only one I know that discusses this show in much detail) has quotes from a woman who was shooting a documentary about abortion that weekend and went to the Fillmore because she heard John and Yoko would be appearing. I don't know if this is the same woman mentioned in the top post but the focus on J&Y throughout the video suggests that it might be. I don't know of any strong evidence that anyone shot the rest of the show, although that would certainly be nice.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Sir Larry
blank.gif
Post 2008-02-23 20:46   [Quote] 
I have a version of this with complete audio (no drop-outs) but the video is inferior. If you want, I can upload it if someone can marry the two.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2008-02-23 23:07   [Quote] 
Sir Larry wrote:
I have a version of this with complete audio (no drop-outs) but the video is inferior. If you want, I can upload it if someone can marry the two.

I can certainly do that if the audio source is not normal DVD quality ... PM me if you you think it's a good replacement Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
FuzzTone
canada.gif
Post 2008-02-23 23:47   [Quote] 
Watched this for the first time with my family the other night... we cheered as Mark (or someone) came up to put the bag over Yoko, but then groaned as she swiftly brought the microphone into the bag with her.

Without Yoko this vid would be worth watching over and over again... historic performance... amazing soloing by FZ!!!!!! But all her screeching ruins it for me. Sad
 [Profile]  [PM] 
emmapeelfanclub
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2008-02-24 02:02   [Quote] 
I genuinely love Yoko's solo albums from this era but when she was alongside John she was dreadful and at her worst. Here... it's probably her most excessive performance of all, totally oblivious to FZ and everybody else on what otherwise is a neat piece of history. It's fun to watch John conduct the band and it does provoke a cheer when Howard puts the bag over Yoko but seconds later as more of her wailing becomes evident... It says a lot about both FZ and Phil Spector's mixing... when confronted with the sound as it actually happened, it's a shock.

A great upgrade and a fascinating piece of film nevertheless. Thanks again for this.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
rushomancy
Busy Poster
Post 2008-02-24 02:11   [Quote] 
Count me in on the Yoko Ono fan club! I think she's a truly talented and creative artist who doesn't get nearly the respect she deserves. That said, admittedly this is not her best performance ever Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
bradleybee
usa.gif
Post 2008-02-28 10:14   [Quote] 
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 3 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Videos -> Archived FZ Videos All times are GMT

Jump to: