Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
6+1 DVD "ZP's Smorgasboard of Excess" EuroVine
Goto page:  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Requests ~ Sharing ~ Trading ~ Marketplace -> Zappateers Vines
Zappa Penguin
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2007-12-31 23:22   [Quote] 
Dateline: December 31st, 2007. A nation sleeps, blissfully unaware that the finishing touches are just now being put on a project, the ramifications of which shall no doubt reverberate for eons - or weeks, the two are so easily confused - to come.

So, what be gwine on here, you ask?

First, let's try to hammer down the basics.

As you may well deduce, especially if you are particuarly prone to deductions, I am not a very active participant on this particular forum. I do hope I have the rudimentary fundamentals of the basics under my thumb, but may end up neglecting certain base essentials that are considered the de facto norms and mores of this particular sub-community - and, in the offchance of that occuring, said norms and mores would naturally supercede my own implications and/or implementations of the legaslative/bureaucratic technicalities herein.

In other words: "I'm new here, quite possibly forgetting something, please forgive me, standard rules apply."

And just what are those standard rules? Let's get them from one who knows:

Unicrayon wrote:
Rules for signing up are easy: Read the Rules. Twice.

To sign up for a vine - You must have read the rules at least twice. RULEZ!
You must have made an effort to post on the tracker or wait 3 weeks from your join date.
Postal and Email Address must be sent immediately to the vine coordinator or be removed from the vine. PM NOW!
You should hold onto the discs for no more than 48 hours before posting them on to the next recipient.
Failing to inform or stay in contact with the vine thread will result in being moved to the bottom of the vine.
Breaking the vine will result in immediate banning from the vine forum. (ZP's note: At bare minimum Twisted Evil )

Note: To keep my PM box from overflowing, I have established a secondary account (Vining Penguin - creative, I know). Please direct all minutae (addresses and such) to that inbox. Serious concerns (such as someone breaking the vine, or a sudden desire to throw large sums of untraceable cash towards a Zappateers admin) can, naturally, go to my regular account.

This project started as the result of a conversation with our very own Vining Coordinator, Mr. wildfisherman, inspired by this far-too-wordy post. Originally, it was planned to include all of the shows mentioned there, plus a few other gems, and would have been a 12 disc "Newbie's Introduction" sorta offering. As all grand plans do, though, this was scaled back a bit - who cares about newbies, anyway?

So what we have now is six (SIX!) discs of nearly-totally-unvined material.

Since there are folk who like surprises, I'll do my best to cover everything about this collection, utilizing the magic and mirth of {size} tags to render the most important stuff in an eye-catchingly large font, with the tiny little surprises ensnared in tiny, legalistic fine-print that is easily skipped by those who skip things.

THE IMPORTANT STUFF THAT EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW:

• Read the rules. Read them again.
  • This is the vine for the European region.
  • If you're in Australia or beyond, sign up anyway, we'll figure it out.
  • If you're in that magical, mystic land of clunky cars and plastic women, you'll be wanting the AmericasVine.
  • Six discs, plus one!
  • Over 90% of the shows completely new to the vining scene.
  • Remember to send a PM to the vine's coordinator with your postal address

Okay! Sound good? Well, read the rules one final time, then close your eyes and hammer that little "page down" key until you arrive at a suitable place to compose your little reply, and compose away!

Still here? Still not sold? Still gently stroking your beard while murmuring to yourself, "self, perhaps you and I can do better. I mean, sure, I know the basics now, but I don't even know the gist! How is a upstanding, think-before-leap sorta guy like myself going to even attempt to make such a downright weighty decision without even the bare gist!?" Well, stroke no more - no, seriously, you'll go blind - and merely read the following copy, then realize the shamefulness of your hesitation!

THE VERY BASIC OUTLINE FOR THOSE WHO LIKE THE GIST OF THINGS:

• A scatter-brained collection compiled by a regular hare-brain.
  • Most of the material is from 1973-78, with a couple shows both before and after this period.
  • Includes all Bongo Fury shows (save for New Haven and Baltimore, which have not yet been torrented).
  • Includes the infamous 1976 Christmas run.

Okay! Welp, time to scroll down and sign up for your winter surprise!

Oh, wait, you're one of those sorts. No, no, no surprises for you, naturally - you simply have to spoil it for yourselves, don'cha? All the other vines give you details, and you'll be damned if you'll let this vine be any different? Spare the rod, spoil the penguin, and all that? Fine. I give up. Here's even MORE detail, fuck you for asking:

THE DETAILS AND FUCK YOU FOR ASKING:
Convinced yet? Good! Well, you know what to do, so how about doing it? It's cool, don't mind me. Just scroll on down, compose a little reply and mash that "submit" button like the good Lord wants you to.

...oh, okay, wait, maybe you're wondering about those "extras"? Oh, and that ugly word, "surprises". "What surprises, pray tell?" you ask. Yeah, I get it, no problem, you're one of those "downright asshole" sorts. Yeah, yeah, okay, I get it, it's cool, you're in prison, the wardens need to know everything that goes in, exactly, whatever. But I'll be damned if you'll just waltz into this topic and spoil it for those of us who LIKE extras. If you REALLY want all the extras and surprises to be revealed to you so very prematurely, you're gonna have to take your mouse. You're gonna have to drag that little cursor over this big empty space. That is to say, "highlight" it. Then you're gonna take your mouse, the little cursor, and all this big empty space, jam it between your legs, and spin around till you fall over.

THE EXTRAS AND SURPRISES FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T STAND WAITING:

• One disc of "ZP's Picks", featuring bands tangentially related to FZ (the Acid Mothers Temple) and bands incredibly unrelated to FZ (Twin Earth). All recordings made by ZP himself on his lovely little Edirol, unless otherwise implied.
  • The shit-hot, too-new-to-be-gracefully-integrated-with-the-other-six-dics 10/25/68 Royal Albert Hall show!
  • Cover art - yes, no longer will your DVDs have to remain impaled on a little spindle - after all, you have a better squattin' use for that spindle, considering you're the asshole sort who spoils surprises like this. Not one, two, three, four, or five - but SIX (YES THAT'S RIGHT YOU HEARD RIGHT, SEVEN!!) covers, lovingly hand-butchered by ZP himself, and gently prodded into worthy shape by the talented Unicrayon himself! Collect them all!
  • Liner notes - over five files (some might therefore say "six") in all! All written by ZP, nearly all hitherto-UNPUBLISHED on these fora! Be the envy of all your peers when you're the first on your block to memorize the latest convoluted tomes of ZP! Smirk as you see the riff-raff get all excited about these liner notes when they're eventually posted to this forum - you read this shit days ago, you jaded asshole you!
  • The joy in knowing that ZP himself touched these discs. Be the first to sign up, and you may even taste his sweaty finger-residue when you smear the digital versatile discs over your face, lips, and tongue! Supplies of ZP's sweaty finger-residue are limited, so act now! Of course, while you were reading this some other guy probably lept to sign up, skimming over all the boring shit like it was implied he should! Serves you right, you curious asshole, you!

Now if that ain't worth adding your name to an internet list and committing to eventually send a package to someone else who added their name to an internet list, then I frankly don't know what is!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Zappa Penguin
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2007-12-31 23:24   [Quote] 
ZP: Discs will be created Jan 1, will be mailed to wildfisherman on the 2nd or 3rd.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
r2daft2
uk.gif
Post 2008-01-02 12:16   [Quote] 
I just knew 2008 could turn out to be a good year...

My first visit to the site since the fireworks burnt out and...well...how could I possibly resist?

1. Wildfisherman (UK)
2. r2daft2 (UK)

Cheers,
Les.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Zappa Penguin
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2008-01-04 20:15   [Quote] 
We're rolling - sorry about the one day delay Razz

1. Zappa Penguin (US, discs sent 2007-01-04)
2. Wildfisherman (UK)
3. r2daft2 (UK)
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
r2daft2
uk.gif
Post 2008-01-18 12:32   [Quote] 
2. Wildfisherman (UK)
3. r2daft2 (UK) In 17 Jan ***NO WAITING***

Next up please send me a pm as soon as you sign up so I can send the vine on straight away.

Cheers
Les.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
r2daft2
uk.gif
Post 2008-01-23 20:55   [Quote] 
Please note that this vine now includes the cekman bonus disc which contains the following:

1978 02 15 Berlin Germany SBD (jaypfunk) **RESEED**

1969 05 23 Appleton WI 82.14 SBD (erroneous) RESEED

1973 11 04 (E) Brooklyn College NYC 65.14 Aud MC (Grape-Hot Rats) ZTLS #246 pt1

1976 11 06 Troy NY 133.33 Aud&SBD (walk)

1978 02 18 Gothenburg Sweden Aud (jazzfromhell)

1978 02 18 Gothenburg Sweden d2t6 **FIX**

1988 05 04 Rotterdam Holland 150.54 Aud A- MC (new rip better sounding) (WIU2B)

Pop over to the thread for the Americas vine for background info on how/why this extra bonus was put together.

Cheers
Les.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wazoologist
australia.gif
Post 2008-01-27 03:20   [Quote] 
Gee I hate to ask before this one travels around Europe but I'm sure it would like a 2 week trip down under. So call this another message of intent.
Best wishes to all at this site.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2008-01-27 18:55   [Quote] 
Europe seems to be asleep at the moment. I think this ought to come to you right away and come back to Europe when someone notices. Do r2daft2 a PM and do a post that's not just a message of intent.

Maybe we could wait until Les has the other vine you fancy and they can go in the same package. It's on its way to me and I'll try and turn it around quickly. If someone in Europe jumps in before it's in the mail we could go with that - otherwise just have it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wazoologist
australia.gif
Post 2008-01-30 00:37   [Quote] 
2. Wildfisherman (UK)
4. wazoologist (Aus)
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2008-01-30 23:39   [Quote] 
I'm sending wazoologist a set of the Any Downers? vine. I am halfway through burning a copy of this vine as well that can travel in the same packet, and won't need to come back up to Europe.

Update next day: Will be in the post Friday, so this now looks like

Euro Leg: If you're not DownUnder contact r2daft2

2. Wildfisherman (UK)

Southern Leg: Anyone down there, contact wazoologist.

1. Wazoologist
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wazoologist
australia.gif
Post 2008-02-13 06:37   [Quote] 
Thank you Zappa Penguin. Thank you Wildfisherman.

1. Wazoologist In 13 Feb
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wysi7
newzealand.gif
Post 2008-02-17 20:31   [Quote] 
wazoologist wrote:
Thank you Zappa Penguin. Thank you Wildfisherman.

1. Wazoologist In 13 Feb

I'd like this one as well. PM sent.

1. Wazoologist
2. wysi7
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wazoologist
australia.gif
Post 2008-03-01 02:05   [Quote] 
Southern Leg:
1. Wazoologist In 13 Feb, Out Feb25
2. wysi7
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wysi7
newzealand.gif
Post 2008-03-04 21:20   [Quote] 
Southern Leg:

1. Wazoologist rec. 13 Feb, Out Feb25
2. wysi7 in 4 March
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2008-10-14 20:09   [Quote] 
A bit of confusion on this one. Bottom line is I've burned an extra set of discs and sent them to TOGFIADO, following an exchange of PMs. Contact him if you want them.

R2daft2's discs will now be there as a back-up should anything go wrong in the future.

Euro Leg

2. Wildfisherman (UK)
Wildfisherman (UK) Reseed 14 Oct08
4. TOGFIADO (UK)
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 4 Goto page:  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Requests ~ Sharing ~ Trading ~ Marketplace -> Zappateers Vines All times are GMT

Jump to: