Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Best bit torrent program for Mac
Goto page:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Questions, Questions, Questions... -> Technical Mumbo-Jumbo For Board & Tracker
Stucco Holmes
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2007-12-08 22:13   [Quote] 
I have been reseeding stuff here and at dime and my ratio does not seem to change for the better.
I am using azureus,but it has been doing it's own updates lately, and then gives me notices that they were not installed properly and shit, so I would like to change to another program.
Any links from the techs here would be nice! Very Happy
Thanks
CF

CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-12-08 22:48   [Quote] 
After testing several torrent programs for Mac OS X I came to this conclusion: there is no good torrent app disbelief
I use Transmission but I don't think it's outstanding…

Please µtorrent, please, a port to Mac OS X surprise
 [Profile]  [PM] 
czgibson
uk.gif
Post 2007-12-10 18:08   [Quote] 
I seem to recall Dime putting up a notice not too long ago about updated versions of Azureus using 'DHT' software which would badly affect share ratios. When I saw that I decided not to update Azureus from then on and it's been fine. My version is 2.4.0.2 - all versions after that will affect your share ratio, according to the notice.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-12-10 19:32   [Quote] 
http://transmission.m0k.org/ <--- Transmission latest update
Bits on Wheels, the developer left the building at the very end of 2005 but it's still very reliable http://www.bitsonwheels.com/

Azureus is bloatware and a resource hog Very Happy
 [Profile]  [PM] 
bigtyke66
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2007-12-12 21:00   [Quote] 
After trying a bunch of them, I went back to Azureus 2.2.0.2. Not the ridiculous cpu hog that is 2.4.*.*, and it still allows you to select which files you want to download. For me it's the best option.

I'm a bit leary of Bits on wheels because, according to the Traders Den FAQ, it "pounds the tracker, and can mess up your stats". Not sure whether that's true or not, but I still use it for other trackers that don't allow azureus.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Stucco Holmes
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2007-12-12 23:52   [Quote] 
Well I installed bitsonwheels.
It does not show me uploading anything, I am sharing the 2 84 Phoenix shows right now,
I put 20 "connect to Max and "peers" at the bottom of the window.
I show no "upload speed" and no upload percent" either.
Any help with setting this up would be nice.
I went into preferences and it automatically choose an Outside IP address and incoming port is set at
I am pretty much in the dark with understanding ip address and port stuff.
Thanks for the help though. Very Happy

unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-12-16 12:08   [Quote] 
C, I suspect that there are no leechers to feed on those shows. There is no set up in BoW or Transmission.
The firewall needs to be dealt with in the Sharing preferences by adding a new rule to open port 6881 and the same in your router.

See you in #zappateers later Wink
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Alex231
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2007-12-16 12:17   [Quote] 
Never Mind!

Last edited by Alex231 on 2007-12-24 21:40; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-12-16 12:27   [Quote] 
bigtyke66 wrote:
After trying a bunch of them, I went back to Azureus 2.2.0.2. Not the ridiculous cpu hog that is 2.4.*.*, and it still allows you to select which files you want to download. For me it's the best option.

I'm a bit leary of Bits on wheels because, according to the Traders Den FAQ, it "pounds the tracker, and can mess up your stats". Not sure whether that's true or not, but I still use it for other trackers that don't allow azureus.

Transmission now allows you to select single files through the inspector or the cog under the folder icon - I've been testing the latest version over the last few days - I have a 100% success rate for all the common operations.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-12-16 20:40   [Quote] 
Transmission 0.96 tells me I can't seed the Montreal '78 show because "tracker couldn't be reached". Am I the only one ? Maybe the problem comes from my cheesy internet connection…
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-12-16 21:20   [Quote] 
CheepnisAroma wrote:
Transmission 0.96 tells me I can't seed the Montreal '78 show because "tracker couldn't be reached". Am I the only one ? Maybe the problem comes from my cheesy internet connection…

Oddly enough I just managed to create an incident. I had a single track almost finished (99%) and it stopped ... I'm not sure this was a major bug, but there is the possibility the chunk it couldn't finish was part of another track, so I restarted Transmission 0.95 to wake it up then it refused to recognize the 99% and started again, I added the previous track to make sure the missing chunk was accessible then it went through to finish without incident.
This is getting silly!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-12-16 23:54   [Quote] 
unicrayon wrote:
Oddly enough I just managed to create an incident. I had a single track almost finished (99%) and it stopped ... I'm not sure this was a major bug, but there is the possibility the chunk it couldn't finish was part of another track, so I restarted Transmission 0.95 to wake it up then it refused to recognize the 99% and started again, I added the previous track to make sure the missing chunk was accessible then it went through to finish without incident.
This is getting silly!

Maybe upgrading to v. 0.96 will improve your transfers Question
(OK, I doubt…)
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Ferval Lankman
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-12-17 03:04   [Quote] 
I have seen the "Tracker Can't Be Reached" message, but I can usually clear that up by selecting all of the open torrents and choosing "Update Tracker" from the Transfers menu.

Uni - I had the exact issue you describe in .95 but have not been able to recreate it in .96.

Aside from those small issues, the newer updates of Transmission have worked better for me than any other client I've tried.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-12-17 08:03   [Quote] 
CheepnisAroma wrote:
unicrayon wrote:
This is getting silly!

Maybe upgrading to v. 0.96 will improve your transfers Question
(OK, I doubt…)

Transmission 0.96 Released!
[...]
Version 0.96 (2007/12/10)
All Platforms:
+ Fix 0.95 data corruption error <--- I would think that could have been the problem.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-12-17 10:03   [Quote] 
unicrayon wrote:
All Platforms:
+ Fix 0.95 data corruption error <--- I would think that could have been the problem.

Probably Wink
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 7 Goto page:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Questions, Questions, Questions... -> Technical Mumbo-Jumbo For Board & Tracker All times are GMT

Jump to: