Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Zappa plays Zappa - 2007 10 30 Willie the Pimp (4:45) Conan O'Brian NBC Widescreen NTSC DVD (Ferval Lankman-unicrayon)
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
DL-List
Complete: [ 124 ]

unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-11-10 23:04   [Quote] 
Zappa plays Zappa
2007 10 30
Willie the Pimp (4:45)
Conan O'Brian NBC HDTV Broadcast
NTSC DVD (16:9 7000+ CBR 29.97 fp/s LPCM audio)

Recorded and transferred by Ferval Lankman
Authoring, animations and a lot of messing about by unicrayon

=====================================================

Tech info lineage and all that stuff .....

Well here's the tech text, I was going to leave it as it began to get complicated, so this is the roughly accurate version for my first attempt at a CD quality widescreen DVD presentation.

Broadcast in HDTV and recorded by Ferval. Transferred to HD with Final Cut, captured as 16:9 widescreen and exported as a 7000 CBR bit rate NTSC m2v. Audio captured separately as an AIFF.

Then I picked up the footage and audio from Ferval's server.

Zappateers Vault intro animation same as usual (4:3), whipped out of a previous NTSC DVD.

Credit animation created as widescreen 16:9 with 48,000 audio added from the Rockline FM broadcast and exported from iDVD as a VOB.
The VOB was imported into Streamclip and exported as an LPCM MPEG.

Imported Ferval's m2v clip and his captured audio into ffmpegx and muxed to create an LPCM MPEG.

Joined the credit mpeg and the footage mpeg in Streamclip to make a single widescreen mpeg.

Exported the audio from the single mpeg, then opened up both the original audio sections at 48,000 in Sound Studio and lined them up with the single mpeg version and saved as a single master audio WAV.

Switched to windoze to use TMPEG and used the mpeg as the master video and synched it with the master audio wav to make a DVD with a single VOB of the footage and credits.

I ran a dummy movie through iMovie to iDVD to create a (4:3) Zappateer's menu IFO and VOB and IFO's to match the (4:3) Zappateer Vault animation.

All the pieces I had were thrown into a VIDEO_TS folder and opened it in MyDVDEdit, editing the IFO's and VST Titles to fit the final DVD for your aural and visual pleasure.

Sounds complex? It was, but it's the same principal I use on all of the DVD's to avoid any re-encoding and have nice menus and branding - Anyone can add a gen by re-encoding Very Happy

=====================================================

Of course it might not play on all players or burn in all software, but that happens to one or two people every time I seed a Frankenstein DVD ... But hey, where else would you get a chance to get a high quality singly encoded widescreen LPCM audio version of this broadcast from? http://www.zappateers.com, that's where Very Happy

Enjoy!

Ferval Lankman & Unicrayon

Last edited by unicrayon on 2007-11-11 09:27; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
RDNZL
Contributor
denmark.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-11-10 23:17   [Quote] 
Some lineage huh Wink ...and text!

Looking forward to this as I have become used to what to expect when getting my stuff from zappateers! Very Happy

Thank you one more time unicrayon!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-11-10 23:27   [Quote] 
RDNZL wrote:
Some lineage huh Wink ...and text!

Looking forward to this as I have become used to what to expect when getting my stuff from zappateers! Very Happy

Thank you one more time unicrayon!

very difficult to put into one line without writing it out! Very Happy
You reckon we're both firewalled tonight? Wink
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Ferval Lankman
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-11-10 23:42   [Quote] 
Thanks for all your help on this, Uni! I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Picabo
canada.gif
Post 2007-11-11 00:26   [Quote] 
Thanks! Zappateers rule!Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-11-11 00:43   [Quote] 
Ferval and Uni thanks for this. Awesome. I can't record properly at the moment. So this is great, plus the fact I was not home and have yet to see it! As you said it's complex. I'm still trying to decide how to do my VHS tapes as best possible with LPCM from Hi-Fi audio tracks. I think i may have to run via an audio card and scrap the audio in the rencoding. It would have to be re-authored. So not sure yet what i will do?? Where I'm at now...
If someone has the FM from Rockline, I could use it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
RDNZL
Contributor
denmark.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-11-11 01:15   [Quote] 
drew51 wrote:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=168264&hit=1 Wink
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Chunga's Revenge
Contributor
spain.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-11-11 01:19   [Quote] 
I grabbed this from Dime before, but that got up with some sound problems.
What else can we say than: as ever here we find the best of the best! Zappateers!
Cheers to Ferval and Uni! cheers

unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-11-11 01:24   [Quote] 
drew51 wrote:
Ferval and Uni thanks for this. Awesome. I can't record properly at the moment. So this is great, plus the fact I was not home and have yet to see it! As you said it's complex. I'm still trying to decide how to do my VHS tapes as best possible with LPCM from Hi-Fi audio tracks. I think i may have to run via an audio card and scrap the audio in the rencoding. It would have to be re-authored. So not sure yet what i will do?? Where I'm at now...

Thank deity of choice Ferval was on hand with the record button, the one on Dime had the last minute of the audio missing!

My current advice is buy the best VHS/DVD dubbing machine that isn't SONY that will convert 1 hour of VHS to 1 DVD which will be approx the highest bit rate allowed.
You might be lucky and get one that transfers the audio in LPCM too, but if it doesn't it doubles the time to get the high quality audio captured separately from the VHS tape.

If the sound isn't high quality, line up the wav exactly with the DVD created ac3/mp2 audio in any sound prog and save it after converting it to 48,000. Use TMPEG Auth to recreate your DVD's without re-encoding by choosing the WAV as the audio source for the video .... after that I can edit in the intros, animations and anti-bootlegger branding.

drew51 wrote:

Dime has it, I whipped out the interview and it makes a great CD without it Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
thatbobfella
blank.gif
Post 2007-11-11 03:48   [Quote] 
Thanks for the "chance to get a high quality singly encoded widescreen LPCM audio version of this broadcast"!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
LudzNL
Contributor
netherlands.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-11-11 08:53   [Quote] 
cool that we have a ZPZ bit here Laughing

unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-11-11 09:34   [Quote] 
Hey there, I just received a PM from Ed_Lick ... his fresh eagle eyes saw something I'd missed .... the date on the menu should be "30 Oct 2007" but of course I'd put "30 Nov 2007" just to check if you were all awake Wink

Anyway, it's fixed but you'll need the new torrent file to get the 1.3 mbs you'll need for the correct date Very Happy

Change the name of your folder to ZPZ_WILLIE_THE_PIMP_2007_OCT_30 and restart is all you'll need to do
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2007-11-11 09:38   [Quote] 
Thanks for the wake-up call, uni Very Happy

and thanks for this upgraded video document. Nice work, Ferval & Uni !!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-11-11 12:58   [Quote] 
Thanks for this again, and advice on VHS capture, also the heads up on Dime. i need to spend a little time there. Been home a week, but feel less caught up!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unicrayon
Site Admin
Post 2007-11-11 18:08   [Quote] 
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Related All times are GMT

Jump to: