Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Tubes 1972 xx xx 2 Unknown Zappa Songs  
DL-List
Complete: [ 89 ]

hasnamus
germany.gif
Post 2007-10-25 11:34   [Quote] 
Tubes
Unknown Location
1972-xx-xx

Lineage: unknown AUD>flac
Quality: c/c-

01 More Trouble Every Day
02 King Kong

The "Zappacovers part" of the show torrented for Zappateers by hasnamus
12 Track version of this show exists

Hi everybody,

here are the 2 Zappa covers done by the Tubes in concert 1972. Exact date and location are unknown to me, but the concert probably took place in a club in the San Francisco area. They also played some covers of famous TV/country/pop themes from the 60s along with early Tubes originals like "Let's do it" at this show.
When searching the web for information of early Tubes stuff i realised that there isn't much to be found Sad If somebody has a "secret" link or address i'd be more than delighted !
Hope you'll enjoy it.
hasnamus

Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-10-25 14:31   [Quote] 
Is the full version available anywhere? The Tubes the early act with the dancers was great to see live. I was a huge fan of early tubes. The shows were top rate, I would not miss a show!! By 1981 the group was a shell of itself, no interest at this point.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
rushomancy
Busy Poster
Post 2007-10-27 16:35   [Quote] 
I'd like to echo Drew's query about a possible complete version of this show; I've never seen any Tubes stuff from before about 1976, and this would be very interesting in its complete form.

Also, "More Trouble Every Day"? My understanding was that Zappa never played that particular variation of the song before the '74 10th anniversary tour; wouldn't the title properly be just "Trouble Every Day"? A nitpick, I know!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
flambay
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2007-10-27 17:10   [Quote] 
rushomancy wrote:
Also, "More Trouble Every Day"? My understanding was that Zappa never played that particular variation of the song before the '74 10th anniversary tour; wouldn't the title properly be just "Trouble Every Day"? A nitpick, I know!

I agree, the correct title for this track should be "Trouble Every Day", it's a cover from the Freak Out version, not from Roxy or later ...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
hasnamus
germany.gif
Post 2007-10-28 12:53   [Quote] 
I could post the show at DAD but i don't know if it will be allowed there because of the little info about date and lineage.
I also have more pre 1976 stuff in very good SBD quality, but some of it is mp3 sourced.
I could also place them at the soulseek kitchen, although i'm not there very often at the moment, but we could make a date then.

Since this concert did take place in 1972 i didn't worry about the title because Roxy didn't happen yet. But how about "more nitpicks every post" ? Wink Wink Wink

rushomancy wrote:
I'd like to echo Drew's query about a possible complete version of this show; I've never seen any Tubes stuff from before about 1976, and this would be very interesting in its complete form.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Related All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: