Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1975 01 06-09 Greggery Peccary: Alternate Ending 0.30 (drew51-flambay-progrockfan)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Outtakes/Unreleased
Overnitefreak
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-03-06 00:17   [Quote] 
Quote:
OK, is this the consensus on the year this track was compiled & edited?--1977?

I would say for sure for the final edit with Bozzio & O'Hearn. That seems obvious. The final sequence of Greggery always sounded like Fowler/Thompson playing to me which would date it to Jan. '75.

Only the vault lurkers would be able to tell for sure. That is, if FZ labelled the reel boxes correctly. I wish the ZFT would provide more of this detailed information in their releases. The way Columbia Records compiled the Miles box sets is the benchmark for all archive releases IMO. Especially for geeks like us! headhammer
 [Profile]  [PM] 
takke044
netherlands.gif
Post 2007-03-08 07:01   [Quote] 
The way Columbia Records compiled the Miles box sets is the benchmark for all archive releases IMO. Especially for geeks like us! :headhammer:[/quote]
>>
Except when you're a Miles Davis geek, perhaps.

There's much controversy over the Bitches Brew box set, with a 1999 remix quite similar to the 80's and early 90s overhauls of Zappa's Freak Out! or the Zappa In New York re-issue. Other problems in brief: The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions isn't 'complete' and most of it isn't recorded during the 'Bitches Brew Sessions'.

But still, the annotations and the overall labour of love that went into those Miles boxes is indeed something the Zappa Family can learn from. But then again: Columbia SONY has some multinational backup money to cover up potential commercial disasters.

Let's face it: the 200 Motels cd-reissues only sold about 10,000 copies. It was a pain for Ryko.

You can judge for yourself if a posthumous release like FZ/OZ would ever made (or, in perspective with 200 Motels, even justify) the 10,000 mark, even if this release had been a 'complete 1976 concert' release.

Regards,
Remco
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Drew51
Contributor
usa.gif
Contributor
Post 2007-03-08 16:28   [Quote] 
Quote:

Let's face it: the 200 Motels cd-reissues only sold about 10,000 copies. It was a pain for Ryko.

You can judge for yourself if a posthumous release like FZ/OZ would ever made (or, in perspective with 200 Motels, even justify) the 10,000 mark, even if this release had been a 'complete 1976 concert' release.

Wow, too bad, they did a lot of homework for the 200 motels release. i was even contacted!
I think the ZFT should release the vault release in the same manner Fripp is releasing his...via bit torrent...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
katsyonak
Post 2009-01-20 14:16   [Quote] 
Can someone please reshare this?

Thanks Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
katsyonak
Post 2009-01-21 21:10   [Quote] 
Thanks to whoever reshared it Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Post 2011-09-10 02:12   [Quote] 
Thank You !

007 cooler
-----------------------------------------------------------
For My Ears Only.........Guitar Solo Al

Bond: That looks like a woman's gun.
Largo: Do you know a lot about guns, Mr. Bond?
Bond: No, but I know a little about women.

pat2e
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2012-07-16 00:54   [Quote] 
Many Thanks for this!

rubbershirt
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2016-12-28 20:10   [Quote] 
Is FZ or some fan edited all of this into one long grout piece? There could be an alternate version where things are at actual pitch/speed
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Outtakes/Unreleased All times are GMT

Jump to: