Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Frank was a life member of the NRA ??
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  
polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2020-06-30 06:45   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
How about this 1993 interview in Humo (quoted at IINK)?

Quote:
HUMO: In 1988, there was talk of you running for president a while. Why didn't this happen?

FZ: I fell ill. So I had other things on my mind. Pity though, because thousands of volunteers had offered to help out. But it was more of a statement than it was a real plan. The American Libertarian Party had asked me to be on their list earlier, but I refused because they are pro free bearing of arms, which is madness. The right to bear arms is the nail in America's coffin. In the States each year 30,000 people are killed by other civilians with bullets. In England, which doesn't support the right to bear arms, it's a mere 20. But if you suggest that there might be a connection between 30,000 dead and the right to bear arms on the one hand, and 20 dead and NO right to bear arms on the other hand, then, according to some, you're a filthy communist crackpot (laughs). It's absurd.

That's pretty damn clear!

belew-vibe
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2020-06-30 06:52   [Quote] 
polydigm wrote:
drdork wrote:
How about this 1993 interview in Humo (quoted at IINK)?

Quote:
HUMO: In 1988, there was talk of you running for president a while. Why didn't this happen?

FZ: I fell ill. So I had other things on my mind. Pity though, because thousands of volunteers had offered to help out. But it was more of a statement than it was a real plan. The American Libertarian Party had asked me to be on their list earlier, but I refused because they are pro free bearing of arms, which is madness. The right to bear arms is the nail in America's coffin. In the States each year 30,000 people are killed by other civilians with bullets. In England, which doesn't support the right to bear arms, it's a mere 20. But if you suggest that there might be a connection between 30,000 dead and the right to bear arms on the one hand, and 20 dead and NO right to bear arms on the other hand, then, according to some, you're a filthy communist crackpot (laughs). It's absurd.

That's pretty damn clear!

Indeed... this ought to be the final word on this. I found Farner's words hard to believe from the get go. Why he keeps repeating them, I don't understand.

yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2020-06-30 19:19   [Quote] 
belew-vibe wrote:
Why he keeps repeating them, I don't understand.

Probably for the same reasons why alt-right assholes all around the world are so invested in manufacturing and disseminating fake news.

franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2020-07-01 04:56   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
belew-vibe wrote:
Why he keeps repeating them, I don't understand.

Probably for the same reasons why alt-right assholes all around the world are so invested in manufacturing and disseminating fake news.

laughing my ass off Tell us how you really feel Martin! laughing my ass off
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2020-07-01 16:41   [Quote] 
franktomatozappa wrote:
Tell us how you really feel Martin!

How would that be relevant to the discussion?

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 3 of 3 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Zappalogy All times are GMT

Jump to: