Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Notes in little house I used to live in
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2019-12-08 16:48   [Quote] 
I wonder if he may have been thinking of "Aybe Sea" rather than "Little House" in that quote.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2019-12-08 18:22   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
I wonder if he may have been thinking of "Aybe Sea" rather than "Little House" in that quote.

That's exactly what it sounds like to me.

If you follow the Down Beat score with the BWS recording, most of the differences are just omissions and/or inaccuracies in the performance - there's no "new" material that's not on the page. (The coda in Aybe Sea, however, does match his description perfectly.)

I do remember transcribing the whole thing on Sibelius from my copy of Alla Zappa back in the early 00's, just so I could hear the parts that Ian didn't play on that recording.

MPierry
usa.gif
Post 2020-01-11 22:02   [Quote] 
After reading the latest messages in this thread, I went a-Googling and accidentally stumbled upon that zappa-analysis.com website run by Kaspar Sloots. I had completely forgotten about this guy and what a weirdo he is and how Brett Clement felt compelled to write a response to his dumb shit. It also made me recall somewhat sheepishly how I once posted on here an utterly silly, speculative post about whether FZ was on the autism spectrum. I don't think FZ was, but I do think Sloots might be.

Anyway, don't let this stupidity hijack this thread, but I just wanted to say I think it's a shame that a website called "zappa-analysis.com" is run by somebody who isn't really the right person to be doing it.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
scherbe2003
Post 2020-02-26 23:47   [Quote] 
I never understood why Sloots, if he thinks he has a better approach to account for the data, didn't simply write a few papers and submit them to the appropriate musicological journals, or present them at conferences.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2020-02-29 04:08   [Quote] 
scherbe2003 wrote:
I never understood why Sloots, if he thinks he has a better approach to account for the data, didn't simply write a few papers and submit them to the appropriate musicological journals, or present them at conferences.

Oh, I'm sure he did. But do you think any peer-reviewed musicology journal would ever take his "analyses" seriously?

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 3 of 3 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Zappalogy All times are GMT

Jump to: