Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
MOFO 4 disc box
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums
Author Message
peternats99
Joined: 2007-02-02
Posts: 143
australia.gif
Post 2019-01-23 09:44   [Quote] 
I have a mint condition sealed original 4CD MOFO set. (Sold) Bought in 2007. Been in its padded envelope since then. In a closet. In a non-smoking house in Sydney.

I still have the original 2007 Lumpy Money set, sealed. That cost me $US50 but obviously has no rarity status and therefore no comparative collector value. (Sobs quietly).

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks


Last edited by peternats99 on 2019-04-28 23:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
WonkyWilly
Joined: 2017-08-15
Posts: 135
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-24 18:29   [Quote] 
Vaultmeister wrote:
Yeah, these mixes are interesting for sure, but in my opinion they are work in progress mixes. I wouldn't say that FZ had any involvement with them at all. We know that he had no involvement with the final mixes as he did not like them. Again, I also wouldn't say that these work mixes are ideal to the final mixes. Just my 2 cents


They aren't work mixes. They are the same mixes as the original LP but in much better quality.

Now, that being said, they aren't quite as wide as MOFO, probably because the bootleggers folded it in a little.

I am coming simply from a "sound quality" perspective though.

If you want "authenticity" or to re-live the original vinyl, MOFO is the only way to go.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
FMdeBrie
Joined: 2017-10-23
Posts: 2
france.gif
Post 2020-01-26 20:20   [Quote] 
Hi all

If anybody can help me about the MOFO 4cds version.

I have very unfortunately broken the CD n°3 as I was trying to move out the CD from its place for the first time! Shocked

Do you know where I can find a place to download this CD or a place/site where I can find 2nd MOFO CD's for a reasonable price?

I couldn't find anything on the web yet....

I am so sad...

I hate these custom multi CD packages where it is almost impossible to remove the CDs....

Thanks
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Dark Clothes
Busy Poster
Joined: 2012-03-13
Posts: 647
Post 2020-01-26 22:10   [Quote] 
I checked the official Zappa store - it's available at just 40 bucks + pp now.

_________________
If I'm not alone . . . How long have I been asleep?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Dark Clothes
Busy Poster
Joined: 2012-03-13
Posts: 647
Post 2020-01-30 18:11   [Quote] 
Dark Clothes wrote:
I checked the official Zappa store - it's available at just 40 bucks + pp now.


Out of stock now. Boohoo Crying or Very sad

_________________
If I'm not alone . . . How long have I been asleep?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
FMdeBrie
Joined: 2017-10-23
Posts: 2
france.gif
Post 2020-02-02 21:37   [Quote] 
I am desperate..... Crying or Very sad

Does somebody can send me copy of this disk nb3?

I don't know how to refund the P&P out of France. Does Paypal allow private transactions?

Anything that can help in my "quest" is welcome...

Thanks
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TwentySmallCigars
Joined: 2011-08-18
Posts: 152
canada.gif
Post 2020-02-02 22:10   [Quote] 
If all you are trying to do is get a copy of this disc without paying for it, the Mofo set is easily found on a number of torrent / download sites on the web. Google.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
Joined: 2009-09-03
Posts: 1534
burma.gif
Post 2020-02-04 11:02   [Quote] 
FMdeBrie wrote:
I am desperate..... Crying or Very sad

Does somebody can send me copy of this disk nb3?

I don't know how to refund the P&P out of France. Does Paypal allow private transactions?

Anything that can help in my "quest" is welcome...

Thanks

vérifiez vos messages et répondez-moi!
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5587
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2020-02-08 14:44   [Quote] 
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Dark Clothes
Busy Poster
Joined: 2012-03-13
Posts: 647
Post 2020-04-18 09:11   [Quote] 
Hi folks, I have some good news about the big MOFO - it's available at Zappa.com at only 40 dollars now. I just ordered a copy - total price incl. pp to Europe is $69.40. Will update when it arrives and I know whether it's the old batch or a reprint.

_________________
If I'm not alone . . . How long have I been asleep?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Dark Clothes
Busy Poster
Joined: 2012-03-13
Posts: 647
Post 2020-04-18 09:22   [Quote] 
Dark Clothes wrote:
Hi folks, I have some good news about the big MOFO - it's available at Zappa.com at only 40 dollars now. I just ordered a copy - total price incl. pp to Europe is $69.40. Will update when it arrives and I know whether it's the old batch or a reprint.


Funny thing is - now it's unavailable again. Maybe they make available just one copy at a time, to have it on their lists?

_________________
If I'm not alone . . . How long have I been asleep?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Dark Clothes
Busy Poster
Joined: 2012-03-13
Posts: 647
Post 2020-04-20 19:33   [Quote] 
Dark Clothes wrote:
Dark Clothes wrote:
Hi folks, I have some good news about the big MOFO - it's available at Zappa.com at only 40 dollars now. I just ordered a copy - total price incl. pp to Europe is $69.40. Will update when it arrives and I know whether it's the old batch or a reprint.

Funny thing is - now it's unavailable again. Maybe they make available just one copy at a time, to have it on their lists?

Galoot update: I got a shipping notice from Hi Fi entertainment for my big Mofo, but it's no longer available there after I bought it. I noticed once earlier that it was available at 40 bucks and then disappeared. My theory is they have a few copies to sell and put them up now and then to keep the product warm. Will update on the arrival of the package in a few week's hopefully.

_________________
If I'm not alone . . . How long have I been asleep?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Dark Clothes
Busy Poster
Joined: 2012-03-13
Posts: 647
Post 2020-05-15 10:13   [Quote] 
Galoot update #2:

The package with my big MOFO (I hope!) was carried by USPS and arrived at Gardermoen airport two weeks ago - since then it's idling there, waiting for customs handling. I guess that charismatic little object craved a few weeks in peaceful meditation to nurture my desire.

_________________
If I'm not alone . . . How long have I been asleep?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Dark Clothes
Busy Poster
Joined: 2012-03-13
Posts: 647
Post 2020-05-20 10:35   [Quote] 
Galoot update #3 - a blast from the past!

Okay - the package arrived today, and it's okay! First a little backstory --

Dark Clothes wrote:
Dark Clothes wrote:
Dark Clothes wrote:
Hi folks, I have some good news about the big MOFO - it's available at Zappa.com at only 40 dollars now. I just ordered a copy - total price incl. pp to Europe is $69.40. Will update when it arrives and I know whether it's the old batch or a reprint.

Funny thing is - now it's unavailable again. Maybe they make available just one copy at a time, to have it on their lists?

Galoot update: I got a shipping notice from Hi Fi entertainment for my big Mofo, but it's no longer available there after I bought it. I noticed once earlier that it was available at 40 bucks and then disappeared. My theory is they have a few copies to sell and put them up now and then to keep the product warm. Will update on the arrival of the package in a few week's hopefully.


So, it has appeared... It's definitely the 2006 edition, and I'm listening to disc one right now. This 18th of April it was available at Zappa.com at 40 dollars + pp (+ tax when it arrived). Out of stock now, but I got lucky and it's worth checking once in a while in case they have another freak copy.

It was in perfect condition, sealed and with a little sticker warning about the tight hubs. The cds came out without accidents, and I've filled the 4 trays with an extra old cd for each so the 4 little mofos don't sit too tight and deep.

I was late to the party, but always love a blast from the past!

_________________
If I'm not alone . . . How long have I been asleep?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
Joined: 2009-09-03
Posts: 1534
burma.gif
Post 2020-05-21 13:24   [Quote] 
It is a brilliant package particularly the early live stuff... I would love to hear more of that if there is any in the vault... also it would be intersesting if there were a legitimate version of the bootleg early/alternate mix which makes the Mothers sound like a classic garage/nuggets band
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic
 
Page 7 of 8 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar