Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
RIP UK
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
scoobie
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-10-04 14:21   [Quote] 
TPS wrote:
father-0blivion wrote:
I can't help it but I do find the phrase ''Russian troll farms'' slightly amusing....

Agreed!
Slightly more concerning is why there we have a better chatter here on Zappateers than we are getting across the UK news media platforms disbelief

I was just about to remark that I was enjoying the thread for the same reason. While I don't get a lot of UK news, and admittedly, much of it wouldn't concern me here in the United States, I am concerned how the hateful media from both sides of the spectrum in the United States has poisoned many opportunities for dialogue in political matters. I see an "Us and Them" attitude often taking the front seat, and leaving the chance to exchange ideas with others by the wayside.

Compromise used to be the strong suit of democracy. My country was built on it. Today, the opposite is more often true. It's a real crisis.

Thanks everyone fot participating.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2019-10-04 14:47   [Quote] 
I would give anything to know what Zappa would think about all this Rolling Eyes
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-10-04 19:54   [Quote] 
manxzx wrote:
I would give anything to know what Zappa would think about all this

Especially if the deal included twenty-six years' worth of additional music.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
staaan
usa.gif
Post 2019-10-04 21:33   [Quote] 
manxzx wrote:
I would give anything to know what Zappa would think about all this Rolling Eyes

Same here, I would also suggest he kinda had an inclination back when he wrote I'm The Slime
 [Profile]  [PM] 
manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2019-10-05 06:53   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
manxzx wrote:
I would give anything to know what Zappa would think about all this

Especially if the deal included twenty-six years' worth of additional music.

Seeing how many albums he was releasing in the late eighties, we would probably be talking now about Official Release # 200 or 250. Shocked
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2020-01-31 09:14   [Quote] 
Well here we go then...
After the many many requests to ''STOP BREXIT'' were met with the response ''No, I don't think we're going to be doing that.'' it seems we're finally leaving...

I know people will disagree but I think the lesson here is: ''Don't have a referendum (however badly conceived and executed) and then try to not carry out the result''. Many people will regard that as undemocratic.
I'd just like to say to our European cousins that many, many people here are, and always have been, pro-European, they just weren't pro-EU... We still like you. bearhug

How does that song go?

''Goodbye-ee! Goodbye-ee!
Wipe a tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee.
Though it's hard to go I know,
I'll be tickled to death to go!
Don't cry-ee! Don't Sigh-ee,
There's a silver lining in the sky-ee!
Bonsoir old thing, cheerio, chin chin.
Nah-poo, toodle-oo, goodbye-ee!''

Says it all really...

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2020-01-31 10:09   [Quote] 
A good day to avoid the mindbendingly repetitive news.
I think I have already seen a dozen reporters open with a statement saying nothing will change today, who then proceed to give a list of at least 30 things that will not change today. briques
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2020-01-31 11:16   [Quote] 
Good advice.
I became accustomed very quickly to the absence of Brexit ''news''... I can only hope that now, the dreaded ''B word'' disappears completely..

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2020-01-31 11:36   [Quote] 
Wanting to be totally off piste on this I went to see thye mighty STEWART LEE this week and to slightly paraphrase him... 'Brexiteers and Boris Voters go FUCK youselves'
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2020-01-31 11:59   [Quote] 
wingedeelfingerling wrote:
Wanting to be totally off piste on this I went to see thye mighty STEWART LEE this week and to slightly paraphrase him... 'Brexiteers and Boris Voters go FUCK youselves'

Well I'm neither so I'm not offended.... but I am moved to say that that is exactly the type of crap that made the whole thing unnecessarily unpleasant...

''Bad losers'' is a phrase that comes to mind.. The bald facts of the matter are that the majority wins... and always should do.. And that includes the recently-held-and-Brexit-confirming General Election.

[Profile]  [PM] 
kewo69
spain.gif
Post 2020-01-31 13:05   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:

I'd just like to say to our European cousins that many, many people here are, and always have been, pro-European, they just weren't pro-EU... We still like you.

We like you too, especially if you´re in this forum
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2020-01-31 15:16   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:

Well I'm neither so I'm not offended.... but I am moved to say that that is exactly the type of crap that made the whole thing unnecessarily unpleasant...

''Bad losers'' is a phrase that comes to mind.. The bald facts of the matter are that the majority wins... and always should do.. And that includes the recently-held-and-Brexit-confirming General Election.

yep where 38% voted for BREXIT parties and 62% against... you got to love democracy
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2020-01-31 16:39   [Quote] 
...yep where 38% voted for BREXIT parties and 62% against... you got to love democracy

I'm afraid your discomposure is affecting your grasp of the facts..
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2020-01-31 16:50   [Quote] 
I am curious to see how this will develop with Scotland's application to leave the country. The Scottish government made this clear again after the Brexit. But as everyone knows, Scotland needs the approval of London for a new exit referendum. Johnson had spoken out against it several times.

Well, at least now he sees firsthand how it feels when a loved one wants to leave a community that actually works well.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2020-01-31 17:22   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
...yep where 38% voted for BREXIT parties and 62% against... you got to love democracy

I'm afraid your discomposure is affecting your grasp of the facts..

still not a majority in my view but you are right in that the UK has the government it deserves led by the leader it loves and his billionaire chums. I don't think our system is democratic and it is now so easily manipulated that money plus appeals to self interest and base instincts have made it a farce... The UK will be in the shit for decades I'm afraid...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 5 of 8 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: