Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
FRANK's LAST GREAT SOLO
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2019-11-25 18:33   [Quote] 
The Any Kind Of Pain solo is cool but too nice. I prefer dirty, nasty, agressive FZ solos.

wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2019-11-25 19:48   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
The Any Kind Of Pain solo is cool but too nice. I prefer dirty, nasty, agressive FZ solos.

Iím with you on that Jayp... When he bends those low notes and turns it up to 11 with distortion
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2019-11-25 23:45   [Quote] 
wingedeelfingerling wrote:
Again interesting to remember Frank's political activism... it would be interesting to get his take on the current regimes in HUNGARY and Czech Republic... Populist, Ant Semitic and taking back Human Rights...

Great name for a band! Or for an old, distant warm-hearted relative of the Jewish persuasion: Aunty Semitic.
I hope that doesn't come off as anti-semitic. 'cause I assuredly ant!

Just teasing wingedeel. I think you are great and I dig your wide-eyed wonder and positive outlook here.

ps looking forward to checking out some solos as above. The ZFT needs to rescue that final Prague jam and do something with it.
It's a beautiful thing and I am not talking about the music, tho' it well may be.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2019-11-26 07:34   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:
Again interesting to remember Frank's political activism... it would be interesting to get his take on the current regimes in HUNGARY and Czech Republic... Populist, Ant Semitic and taking back Human Rights...

Great name for a band! Or for an old, distant warm-hearted relative of the Jewish persuasion: Aunty Semitic.
I hope that doesn't come off as anti-semitic. 'cause I assuredly ant!

Just teasing wingedeel. I think you are great and I dig your wide-eyed wonder and positive outlook here.

ps looking forward to checking out some solos as above. The ZFT needs to rescue that final Prague jam and do something with it.
It's a beautiful thing and I am not talking about the music, tho' it well may be.

agree on the Prague/Budapest thing... I didn't even know about it as I rarely venture into Liberated Boots but Frank plays straight from the heart despite looking in pretty bad shape... I wonder if the KITCHEN has anything from then Joe?
Incidentally Frank clearly liked his solo prepared for TRANCE FUSION a hidden gem of an album pretty much buried in the post mortem re-release program sadly... and keeping the fath alive on APPLE MUSIC has seen a lot of action hopefully encouraging a new generation of ZAPPATEERS
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2019-11-26 12:08   [Quote] 
What about the track Dance Me This off of Dance Me This? Isn't that the last, however brief, goodbye?
And goodbyes should always be brief. And so in my humble opinion that makes it a great one.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Piggies
uk.gif
Post 2019-11-26 14:36   [Quote] 
"Fire & Chains", "Star Wars Won't Work" & "Cruising For Burgers" on "Jazz Noise" spring to mind as does "Filthy Habits" from "Stage 4"
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Dark Clothes
Busy Poster
Post 2019-11-26 15:44   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:
What about the track Dance Me This off of Dance Me This? Isn't that the last, however brief, goodbye?
And goodbyes should always be brief. And so in my humble opinion that makes it a great one.

There's also the Strat/Vindaloo that I need to check out again soon

polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-11-26 18:54   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:

Iím with you on that Jayp... When he bends those low notes and turns it up to 11 with distortion
Arenít you glad theyíre not all like that? Variety is the spice and all that jazz.

tempelton
ireland.gif
Post 2019-12-03 03:20   [Quote] 
Although I tend to favor (now at least) his Roxy-period playing above all others, for many moons I was well and truly obsessed with the jazz-tinged beauty of The Torture Never Stops, Part Two solo from The Best Band...

I mean, the tone at the 4.50 mark!!

Juicy vegetable goodness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRgdftmAeYg&list=PLHxYCHx_CI8MPN1OC3xM7XFYDisAEk-Ng&index=25&t=0s
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2019-12-03 07:45   [Quote] 
tempelton wrote:
Although I tend to favor (now at least) his Roxy-period playing above all others, for many moons I was well and truly obsessed with the jazz-tinged beauty of The Torture Never Stops, Part Two solo from The Best Band...

I mean, the tone at the 4.50 mark!!

Juicy vegetable goodness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRgdftmAeYg&list=PLHxYCHx_CI8MPN1OC3xM7XFYDisAEk-Ng&index=25&t=0s

that one is a doozie!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: