Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
I cleaned up Vancouver 1975 and Id like peoples opinion if thats okay
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2019-11-07 18:18   [Quote] 
bleachboy wrote:
(That version of Apostrophe is phenomenal)

Troof!! I've always loved it.

TOGFIADO
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2019-11-08 00:06   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
I find the statement that Terry drums were not mic'd to be absolutely ridiculous, especially in venue playing in front of a few THOUSAND people. I'd like to know where this horseshit info came from as well. CNN perhaps?

It's obvious to me that the drums were just were not recorded well for this recording.

Thank you for for feeling the same way. It's frankly unbelievable, and there has (so far) been no response to my request for a source of this ridiculous claim from the originator of this thread. Horseshit indeed, as far as I'm concerned, unless some solid evidence is provided.

jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2019-11-08 17:20   [Quote] 
TOGFIADO wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
I find the statement that Terry drums were not mic'd to be absolutely ridiculous, especially in venue playing in front of a few THOUSAND people. I'd like to know where this horseshit info came from as well. CNN perhaps?

It's obvious to me that the drums were just were not recorded well for this recording.

Thank you for for feeling the same way. It's frankly unbelievable, and there has (so far) been no response to my request for a source of this ridiculous claim from the originator of this thread. Horseshit indeed, as far as I'm concerned, unless some solid evidence is provided.

And further more... Frank didn't fuck around when it came to the sound his bands got on stage and how it sounded in the venues. Sometimes they'd do sound checks longer than the shows were. I say poo poo tah nah nah and poo poo tah nah nah!!

bleachboy
Power Poster
france.gif
Post 2019-11-08 17:47   [Quote] 
Yes, as proven by the perfect balance of a lot of road tapes soundboard recordings (Chicago 78, Halloween 73...)

He could be a dog or a frog or a lesbian queen
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Thinman
EU.gif
Post 2019-11-08 18:03   [Quote] 
bleachboy wrote:
Yes, as proven by the perfect balance of a lot of road tapes soundboard recordings (Chicago 78, Halloween 73...)

The sound of a soundboard tape doesn't say anything about the sound in the venue.

That being said, the sound of all the Zappa shows I witnessed was excellent and far superior than what others were able to deliver at that time.

jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2019-11-08 18:22   [Quote] 
Thinman wrote:
bleachboy wrote:

The sound of a soundboard tape doesn't say anything about the sound in the venue.

That being said, the sound of all the Zappa shows I witnessed was excellent and far superior than what others were able to deliver at that time.

Even in a cavernous hockey rink, which Frank HATED playing in!!

Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-11-09 14:59   [Quote] 
TOGFIADO wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

The originator of this thread, obviously "Ben Jenkins" or "Bjankins1", claims this on reddit too.
Again, he provides no proof for his claim.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Zappa/comments/dr4iv7/illinois_enema_bandit_oct_1_vancouver_1975/
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2019-11-09 16:39   [Quote] 
I don't know why we are even bothering to spend so much time talking about this anyway. Sounds like crap. Any douche with a computer can use Audacity to tweak audio.

brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2019-11-09 18:14   [Quote] 
jeezuz christo. remind me not to get on the bad side of the vicious zappateers...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
LeifH
canada.gif
Post 2019-11-09 20:23   [Quote] 
Still prefer the master audience source so there! cooler
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2019-11-10 13:40   [Quote] 
LeifH wrote:
Still prefer the master audience source so there! cooler

True it does sound great and we have 2 other sources on top of that. No need for this amateur audio tweaking nonsense.

TFEC
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2019-11-11 22:44   [Quote] 
I know this kind of thing is (rightly) frowned upon here, but I've always thought a careful SBD/AUD matrix of this show could sound extraordinary.

LeifH
canada.gif
Post 2019-11-12 02:36   [Quote] 
TFEC wrote:
I know this kind of thing is (rightly) frowned upon here, but I've always thought a careful SBD/AUD matrix of this show could sound extraordinary.

Absolutely, if done right could sound good. But syncing two analog sources is no simple task. People have done it though, there's a fair few Grateful Dead ones that have been done right. You just have to speed/pitch correct one as best as possible and then re-sync the other one every 5-10 seconds. Enough weed and its possible roflol
 [Profile]  [PM] 
WonkyWilly
usa.gif
Post 2019-11-13 14:26   [Quote] 
TFEC wrote:

A few weeks ago, I was strongly considering having a go at this, or at least one or two songs from the show, just to see what it sounded like, but you can't use what you don't have - the audience tape is not available according to the catalog.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2019-11-13 17:12   [Quote] 
The AUD tape was recently uploaded to the Shoebox as mentioned above. I'll add it to the Catalog tonight.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: