Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Orchestral Favorites - official UMe Vinyl Edition  
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-10-29 22:39   [Quote] 
Finally, I received the new UMe Vinyl Edition of "Orchestral Favorites" now.

What I now realize and what really bothers me is the new or redesigned cover artwork. It may still work for the Special Edition 3-CD, but I think that this cover art was a wrong decision for the official UMe Vinyl version of "Orchestral Favorites".

The lettering was retained, but the motif exchanged with a black & white concert photo - it does not work that way.

Now you have the impression that this is also a special 3-record vinyl edition - but it's the standard 1-LP version of the original album.

For the official UMe-CD the old regular cover motif was used - why not here too.

This procedure did not exist in this form so far - at least the known artworks have always more or less been taken over (recently at "Zappa In New York"). Ok, the previous Gary Panter artwork might not suit everyone, but this new cover does not make things better, rather worse. I loved the old one, anyway.

It's just inconsistent.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
orontea
Post 2019-10-30 17:45   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
Finally, I received the new UMe Vinyl Edition of "Orchestral Favorites" now.

What I now realize and what really bothers me is the new or redesigned cover artwork. It may still work for the Special Edition 3-CD, but I think that this cover art was a wrong decision for the official UMe Vinyl version of "Orchestral Favorites".

The lettering was retained, but the motif exchanged with a black & white concert photo - it does not work that way.

Now you have the impression that this is also a special 3-record vinyl edition - but it's the standard 1-LP version of the original album.

For the official UMe-CD the old regular cover motif was used - why not here too.

This procedure did not exist in this form so far - at least the known artworks have always more or less been taken over (recently at "Zappa In New York"). Ok, the previous Gary Panter artwork might not suit everyone, but this new cover does not make things better, rather worse. I loved the old one, anyway.

It's just inconsistent.

Inconsistent and weird. Because neither is the "new" cover better nor is the original cover bad. i always liked the Gary Panter Covers. But more importantly Zappa never changed the covers when they where re-released so why now?

I can imagine that this is "technically" a whole new release and therefore the change was necessary for some weird catalog or legal reason?! Who knows.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-10-30 18:32   [Quote] 
orontea wrote:
I can imagine that this is "technically" a whole new release and therefore the change was necessary for some weird catalog or legal reason?! Who knows.

Yes, who knows.

But, nearly all new UMe vinyl editions we're technically seen
new releases. Many with different remastering than the
previous CD editions - so that can not be the reason at all.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT

Jump to: