Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Getting the Band's Autographs?  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa
McMick
Post 2019-07-30 16:51   [Quote] 
So I will be going to see the Hot Rats show, and I was thinking of bringing along a copy of Hot Rats and trying to get the band to sign it. I was just wondering if anyone here had ever attempted to talk to the band after a concert and if you had any advice or tips or instructions on how best to arrange this. I've never bothered to do something like this before, and I'd hate to hang around after the show all night only to find out I wasn't even in the right place or whatever. TIA

[Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2019-07-31 10:35   [Quote] 
Dweezil and his band are almost always very accessible after a show.
They will often arrange a spot in the foyer when they will all sit and sign stuff for fans, or just have a good chat.

The only things I've known to restrict this are tight travel arrangements, or venue management kicking fans out.

Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-07-31 17:57   [Quote] 
TPS wrote:
Dweezil and his band are almost always very accessible after a show.
They will often arrange a spot in the foyer when they will all sit and sign stuff for fans, or just have a good chat.

The only things I've known to restrict this are tight travel arrangements, or venue management kicking fans out.

Same experience this side.

If you wait in the foyer after the gig, Dweezil will likely meet the fans, have pictures with them and sign tickets, albums, etc.
Also the band members have always been available.

Nice guys and kick-ass musicians
Smile

McMick
Post 2019-08-02 06:50   [Quote] 
Just ordered the Hot Rats LP (the new one). I'm hoping to get the band to sign it. Wish me luck!

[Profile]  [PM] 
NotPedro
Site Admin
netherlands.gif
Post 2019-08-04 19:40   [Quote] 
Dweezil and the rest of the band are very nice and friendly people who absolutely love and appreciate the fans. It's almost always possible to meet them and get stuff signed after the show.

McMick
Post 2019-09-22 16:56   [Quote] 
Well, as luck would have it, Dweezil and the band did not make themselves available to the fans after the show. I was told by the woman working the merch table that Dweezil had apparently injured his arm or shoulder awhile back and it had caused him problems, so now he is doing physical therapy after the show. The rest of the band won't meet with fans unless Dweezil is there too, apparently. Seems like a bit of a cop-out by them, but then again maybe Dweezil wants it that way for his own reasons. Kind of sucks though, because I'd been planning this for awhile now and bought a 3rd copy of Hot Rats on vinyl in hopes of getting it signed by the whole band.

[Profile]  [PM] 
rubbershirt
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-09-22 23:25   [Quote] 
McMick wrote:
The rest of the band won't meet with fans unless Dweezil is there too, apparently
When they were at Zappanale many if not all the band members hung out at the Zappateers tent with the exception of Dweezil
 [Profile]  [PM] 
barrett39
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-10-15 18:23   [Quote] 
Dweezil had autographed posters for sale for $15 when I saw him a few weeks ago. I wish I could have met him.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappa Plays Zappa All times are GMT

Jump to: