Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
RIP UK
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2019-09-06 17:46   [Quote] 
None of the Ramsey staff I have met live 12 to a room. The senior ones with families live mostly in flats in South London and the trainees are offered studio/bedsit flats. These positions are available for UK citizens but they choose not to apply. Accommodation for 18-35 year olds is definitely an issue in the South East and indeed in other parts of the UK. This is down to lack of policy by successive governments not the hospitality industry
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2019-09-06 19:25   [Quote] 
Yes I didn't mean Gordon Ramsey in particular.... Poor old Gordon, I've bashed him for no reason.
The point I was trying to make was if you work for minimum wage in London there's no way you can afford to live 'normally' in a private rented flat and where you can afford to live may have a detrimental effect on one's sunny disposition.
Plus I wasn't blaming anybody in particular, just making the point that if you're new to London and work for (about) minimum wage you're going to find it hard to find accommodation...

I think I'll stop making points now as I'm obviously no good at it... I seem to have to clarify everything afterwards.

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StatusBaby
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2019-09-06 23:24   [Quote] 

Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them - Karl Popper

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2019-09-07 00:01   [Quote] 
Thank you!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2019-09-07 09:02   [Quote] 
I read it.
I'd still like to know why so many low-income people keep voting for things that only benefit the super-rich and harm themselves... I can't believe that they are all brain-dead robots who just do what The Daily Mail tell them and I don't think it's just about austerity either.. but they seem to be upset about something...

PS: I can't help it but I do find the phrase ''Russian troll farms'' slightly amusing....

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2019-09-07 09:48   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
I can't help it but I do find the phrase ''Russian troll farms'' slightly amusing....

Agreed!
Slightly more concerning is why there we have a better chatter here on Zappateers than we are getting across the UK news media platforms disbelief
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2019-09-07 10:32   [Quote] 
TPS wrote:
...Slightly more concerning is why there we have a better chatter here on Zappateers than we are getting across the UK news media platforms disbelief

Well we've got to do something while we're waiting for all those fantastic releases to arrive! Wink

[Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-09-07 14:07   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
TPS wrote:
...Slightly more concerning is why there we have a better chatter here on Zappateers than we are getting across the UK news media platforms disbelief

Well we've got to do something while we're waiting for all those fantastic releases to arrive! Wink

roflol roflol roflol
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2019-09-08 09:31   [Quote] 
franktomatozappa wrote:
father-0blivion wrote:
TPS wrote:

roflol roflol roflol

it's so refreshing to have an online discussion about BREXIT without foul mouthed language and name calling... well done chaps!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2019-09-08 12:24   [Quote] 
Yes I completely agree. grouphug

[Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-09-09 17:50   [Quote] 
The Breaking of Britain Johnson Goes Full Speed Ahead into Chaos

The fight over Brexit is becoming increasingly absurd. In this week's epic clash between Prime Minister Boris Johnson
and the House of Commons, parliament appears to have won round one. But Johnson is going for broke.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/boris-johnson-wants-brexit-at-any-price-a-1285550.html

Last edited by Pittylabelle on 2019-09-09 18:26; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
StatusBaby
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2019-09-09 17:55   [Quote] 
The beautiful face of Brexit - 200 people fight with police 16 arrested

https://videos.metro.co.uk/video/met/2019/09/08/352957272891605028/640x360_MP4_352957272891605028.mp4

I recognise some of those angry faces

Compared to the Remain Rally - hundreds of thousands of protesters - no arrests
https://youtu.be/81eLXg21VSA

Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them - Karl Popper

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
stillbob
EU.gif
Post 2019-10-04 10:55   [Quote] 
I used to be an anglophile. Hell, I have lived in the UK for many years!

Now I just don't care much about the UK anymore, fucking idiots!
My condolences to the sane people of Britain.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Power Poster
burma.gif
Post 2019-10-04 12:44   [Quote] 
stillbob wrote:
I used to be an anglophile. Hell, I have lived in the UK for many years!

Now I just don't care much about the UK anymore, fucking idiots!
My condolences to the sane people of Britain.

sad to say but you are spot on... I actually think Boris is more of an embarrassment than Donald.. weep for both my countries
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mb666
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-10-04 13:02   [Quote] 
"I'd still like to know why so many low-income people keep voting for things that only benefit the super-rich and harm themselves..."

That's exactly what I keep asking myself. Same here in Germany, where people of low income (and education) kepp voting for the AFD. If you'd single out one political party that is absolutely anti workers rights it's that very same bullshit racist, neo fashist, anti ecological AFD.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 4 of 5 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: