Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
in search of steve vai demo tape with the fuck you song 25 mins  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Requests ~ Sharing ~ Trading ~ Marketplace
farrar
usa.gif
Post 2019-08-18 23:36   [Quote] 
many moons ago i had a steve vai demo tape with the fuck you song 25 mins long. as you all know the song appeared on vai's leftover flexible cd but was only 9 min long which was severely edited and re recorded the guitar solos any help will be appreciated

thanks
farrar
 [Profile]  [PM]  [AIM] 
Zappamaniac
Busy Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-08-23 01:16   [Quote] 
I'm interested in this as well. Vai demos in general. Vai himself said the demo of The Attitude Song is circulating.

Don´t let your meat loaf
Heh, heh, heh
 [Profile]  [PM] 
farrar
usa.gif
Post 2019-09-16 05:52   [Quote] 
Zappamaniac

hello i am glad to see other collectors of steve vai live audio show and demos ! like i said i have live detroit show plus a one off vai playing at the claybourne music school ,you may ask why this special it was a one concert with claybourne symphony premiering brand new music for this concert! in fact i was staying motel 6 in rochester ny .i was at the front desk finding out where the good place to eat and in walks steve vai with 50 pages of music to be faxed over to joel thome the conductor. i said hello to steve
told him we drove in from detroit see this premer event and he was gracious and thanked us for coming.
vai composed this one composition that started slow and gradually picked up the tempo kind reminded me of a mahavishnu orchestra song . the tempo kept increasing and had a eastern sound .it sounded
like was playing a combination of harmonic minor and phrygian scales. this composition lasted for 30 mins was the highlight of the show ! often i would attend promotional in store events and on several
occasions asking he was going to release show and i got the same response from vai "oh i don't know if i might do something with it and release it,i am afraid if dose ever to release he will fuck it by recording and guitar solo but i do have this on a high byasi tape. there where maybe 200 people who attended this concert with about 20 japanese fans who flew in for this event. back to the fuck you demo i am glad to see some body knows that it exist . i was really pissed off at him when he released reflexible left overs to 8 mins plus he re recorded the the guitar solos and lyrics to the fuck you song
there are at least 15 mins off the best guitar solos he ever done. i have the the first demos of original
flexible demos that showed up flexible left overs first pressed on vinyl which i had him auto graph
vai told me that first pressing was selling on e-bay for 400 dollars and that was back in 1999!
maybe willing to team up and search for this demo? i also collect live vai shows with him playing with
symphonies. i remember reading on his web site that vai would play 2 times a year with symphonies
2 come to mind . he played with the russian symphony and israel symphony plus the metropol symphony on two occasions. i have one of the metropol symphony
i also have recorded live zappa shows which i gave to andy figner ,drew51 he used parts of the shows to fill in the gaps with other det shows. the 84 royal 0ak mi shows made the cut and is on this site! i am glad to see somebody else knows that it exist and butchered on the officinal release .maybe we can collaborate with each other to tracks this demo down, i tried on dime but they refused to post siting that is a official release. i corresponded in return pointing out the demo version is completely different from the official release but lost that argument with the mods. so if you can correspond with me maybe we can find it. i noticed vai really safeguards his material and has no taping policy for example we attended steve vai show at the royal oak theater in2005 ,had balcony
seats i where a hat with a hole cut in the center for the microphone sticking out to minimize crowd
noise and pick up better sound dynamics, all night security ashers were staring myself and my friend down ,we manged to with successfully tape the entire show!i had this feeling vais management had
told security to look for tapers!

thanks i advance and correspond with each other

pat farrar
 [Profile]  [PM]  [AIM] 
farrar
usa.gif
Post 2019-09-16 20:07   [Quote] 
Zappamaniac

i was wondering if you received my response to your message sent on 9-16-19?

thanks
farrar
 [Profile]  [PM]  [AIM] 
farrar
usa.gif
Post 2019-09-16 20:10   [Quote] 
zappa manic
i was wondering if you received my response to your message?

thanks farrar
 [Profile]  [PM]  [AIM] 
Zappamaniac
Busy Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-09-17 15:30   [Quote] 
farrar wrote:
Zappamaniac

i was wondering if you received my response to your message sent on 9-16-19?

thanks
farrar

Do you mean the posts here? Yeah I've seen them. I didn't get any private messages

Don´t let your meat loaf
Heh, heh, heh
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Zappamaniac
Busy Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-09-17 15:39   [Quote] 
farrar wrote:
Zappamaniac

hello i am glad to see other collectors of steve vai live audio show and demos ! like i said i have live detroit show plus a one off vai playing at the claybourne music school ,you may ask why this special it was a one concert with claybourne symphony premiering brand new music for this concert! in fact i was staying motel 6 in rochester ny .i was at the front desk finding out where the good place to eat and in walks steve vai with 50 pages of music to be faxed over to joel thome the conductor. i said hello to steve
told him we drove in from detroit see this premer event and he was gracious and thanked us for coming.
vai composed this one composition that started slow and gradually picked up the tempo kind reminded me of a mahavishnu orchestra song . the tempo kept increasing and had a eastern sound .it sounded
like was playing a combination of harmonic minor and phrygian scales. this composition lasted for 30 mins was the highlight of the show ! often i would attend promotional in store events and on several
occasions asking he was going to release show and i got the same response from vai "oh i don't know if i might do something with it and release it,i am afraid if dose ever to release he will fuck it by recording and guitar solo but i do have this on a high byasi tape. there where maybe 200 people who attended this concert with about 20 japanese fans who flew in for this event. back to the fuck you demo i am glad to see some body knows that it exist . i was really pissed off at him when he released reflexible left overs to 8 mins plus he re recorded the the guitar solos and lyrics to the fuck you song
there are at least 15 mins off the best guitar solos he ever done. i have the the first demos of original
flexible demos that showed up flexible left overs first pressed on vinyl which i had him auto graph
vai told me that first pressing was selling on e-bay for 400 dollars and that was back in 1999!
maybe willing to team up and search for this demo? i also collect live vai shows with him playing with
symphonies. i remember reading on his web site that vai would play 2 times a year with symphonies
2 come to mind . he played with the russian symphony and israel symphony plus the metropol symphony on two occasions. i have one of the metropol symphony
i also have recorded live zappa shows which i gave to andy figner ,drew51 he used parts of the shows to fill in the gaps with other det shows. the 84 royal 0ak mi shows made the cut and is on this site! i am glad to see somebody else knows that it exist and butchered on the officinal release .maybe we can collaborate with each other to tracks this demo down, i tried on dime but they refused to post siting that is a official release. i corresponded in return pointing out the demo version is completely different from the official release but lost that argument with the mods. so if you can correspond with me maybe we can find it. i noticed vai really safeguards his material and has no taping policy for example we attended steve vai show at the royal oak theater in2005 ,had balcony
seats i where a hat with a hole cut in the center for the microphone sticking out to minimize crowd
noise and pick up better sound dynamics, all night security ashers were staring myself and my friend down ,we manged to with successfully tape the entire show!i had this feeling vais management had
told security to look for tapers!

thanks i advance and correspond with each other

pat farrar

there is a big misunderstanding, I'm not a Vai collector, just a fan who is interested in rare stuff and demos. I got the rare Vai stuff from Zappateers.

I didn't know of the existence of a Fuck yourself demo before you wrote about it. Is the demo really from early 80s?

Don´t let your meat loaf
Heh, heh, heh
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Requests ~ Sharing ~ Trading ~ Marketplace All times are GMT

Jump to: