Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Program
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappanale #30
polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-06-08 06:09   [Quote] 
I can find information about most of the whos and whats of this year's Zappanale on the web site, but is there a program somewhere with times and locations for the whole week?

Do the events in locations away from the festival itself have to be paid for separately?

StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2019-06-08 07:58   [Quote] 
polydigm wrote:
I can find information about most of the whos and whats of this year's Zappanale on the web site, but is there a program somewhere with times and locations for the whole week?

Do the events in locations away from the festival itself have to be paid for separately?

You probably have seen this: https://www.zappanale.de/en/programm-30.html

To my knowledge, there is no fixed written program with a timetable yet, but...*

Are you coming to Hamburg on Wednesday? "Zappa spielt für Bach" is performed in a church in Hamburg and is the only event that has to be paid for seperately (about 25 to 30 Euro). The show starts at 8pm.

The Thursday shows on the Kamp (the centre of Bad Doberan) are open to the public...they usually start at 3pm and go until late in the evening...each show is about an hour or so.

*The shows on the festival ground usually start at 3pm and go until 2:30am - starting with the main stage it's alternating between the main stage and the mystery stage (which is a 3 minute walk from the main stage). Each show is 90 minutes + long, the main sets in the evening are usually longer.

Hope that helps Smile

PS: Here is an example of a program from ZN #27 from stv: http://parachute-mind.net/2016/201607_zappanale_de.html?fbclid=IwAR2D3PHoAyXTs8wFUuK-Hg1txCpZJzgJH7YFvJcyO95l0raLm7pQkR62wHk#sched

polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-06-09 01:33   [Quote] 
Thanks.

The Journey/Accomodation link on the web site is 404. I'm assuming based on various sources including the Idiot's web site that it's at the the old racecourse north of the town and found that on Google Maps. I see that the Molli railway goes past the racecourse.

We'll be travelling in a camper van and leaving Amsterdam early on the Wednesday morning and coming via Bremen and Hamburg, with the intention of spending time sight seeing in both those towns. We would like to go to the concert in Hamburg, which is two hours drive away from the racecourse, so maybe we should find a camping ground near Hamburg for Wednesday night. What do other people usually do in this case?

Mindfuzz
australia.gif
Post 2019-06-13 20:04   [Quote] 
polydigm wrote:
The Journey/Accomodation link on the web site is 404. I'm assuming based on various sources including the Idiot's web site that it's at the the old racecourse north of the town and found that on Google Maps. I see that the Molli railway goes past the racecourse.

Hey mate, I noticed that the Journey/Accomodation page on the site that is in German worked and have translated it into English:

You have decided to visit the Zappanale for the first time? We look forward to seeing you and want to describe the way to you.

Many of our guests take on real hardships and travel from all over the world.

You belong to it and arrive with the plane? Then Hamburg or Berlin (Tegel / Schönefeld) are the airports from which Bad Doberan is the fastest to reach. By train you can drive from both airports about 3-4 hours.

In Rostock (about 50 km before Bad Doberan) there is a smaller airport; this is mainly driven by domestic airlines.

You come by train:

Whether from Hamburg, Berlin or Bratislava: direction Rostock is the right decision. If Bad Doberan is displayed as the next stop, this is the time to prepare for the exit. When you arrive in Rostock, get on the next regional express train in the direction of Wismar, then leave it in: Bad Doberan.

From there, there are several options: Traditionally with the Molli train, it stops right on the festival grounds, or you can take you from one of the easily recognizable Zappanale fans. You'll meet them at the Zappa memorial or at the nearby supermarket - both can be reached from the train station in five minutes.

You arrive by own vehicle:

Your navigation device will take you safely to the racecourse (54.124677,11.869512) in Bad Doberan. If you do not have a navigation system: exit Bad Doberan, direction Bad Doberan / Heiligendamm.

from Hamburg / Hannover:
A1 direction Lübeck, at the interchange Lübeck on the A20 direction Rostock, exit Bad Doberanaus direction Berlin:
A19 direction Rostock, at the junction Rostock on the A20 in the direction of Lübeck / Wismar, exit Bad Doberan

In Bad Doberan - at the first major traffic light junction - you turn right towards Kühlungsborn / Heiligendamm and pass the Frank Zappa monument (after the crossing about 100m).

The racetrack is halfway between Bad Doberan and Heiligendamm, first you have to drive past the festival grounds. If you are not the first, this is easy to recognize. At the next roundabout, take the last exit and slowly switch to live music mode.

If you would like to make yourself comfortable on a back seat, look for a ride. Either via the community or here: drive2day.de.

Once on the site, the question arises: Sun or Green Camp? Each has its advantages. The Sun Camp is brighter during the day, the GreenCamp darker at night. The local guides will help you in the decision-making process.

As a rule, the campsite is equipped with sanitary facilities from Wednesday to Monday. Please note the current announcements.

You prefer a real bed? Bad Doberan and the surrounding region offer overnight accommodation in all price categories. The Zappanale takes place in a summer-holiday region, as you are the early bird clearly in the advantage.

WildEast OnlinePortalBad Doberan (Button search and booking) Tourist Information Bad Doberan: +49 (0) 38203 -62154Molli Bahn
 [Profile]  [PM] 
polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-06-21 05:45   [Quote] 
Thanks to Mindfuzz for the translation.

Can anybody tell me how to get tickets for the concert in St Katherine's church, Wednesday night in Hamburg? The web site for the tickets is only in German and I need answers to questions like: Can I get electronic tickets, as post would be a bad idea at this late stage? Can I pay to an IBAN? Can we get tickets on the night?

I'm assuming that my wife and I will not be the only ones attending.

StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Post 2019-06-21 07:56   [Quote] 
polydigm wrote:
Thanks to Mindfuzz for the translation.

Can anybody tell me how to get tickets for the concert in St Katherine's church, Wednesday night in Hamburg? The web site for the tickets is only in German and I need answers to questions like: Can I get electronic tickets, as post would be a bad idea at this late stage? Can I pay to an IBAN? Can we get tickets on the night?

I'm assuming that my wife and I will not be the only ones attending.

According to my experience from the last couple of years you easily can get a ticket at the door and you have to pay it cash.

polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-06-22 00:23   [Quote] 
@STB Excellent, thanks.

polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-07-18 08:32   [Quote] 
Okay everyone, blame me, but have you seen the weather forecast for the next week? The only three days of rain predicted are, you guessed it, 19, 20 and 21!!

bazbo
Power Poster
netherlands.gif
Post 2019-07-24 05:53   [Quote] 
polydigm wrote:
Okay everyone, blame me, but have you seen the weather forecast for the next week? The only three days of rain predicted are, you guessed it, 19, 20 and 21!!

In the end, only a short rain shower happened on Saturday. Razz

Guitar Solo Baz

'ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL'
- for Walk(spoon) - gone, but never forgotten

www.bazbo.net
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-07-28 10:15   [Quote] 
It was momentarily quite brisk, but we didn’t leave the stage area until there was a threat of lightning.

We need a lightning strike smiley.

orontea
Post 2019-07-28 14:02   [Quote] 
I was really surprised by the quality of the program this year.
I LOVED AMM All-Stars and their rendition of Lumpy Gravy … fun, fun, fun.
The HeadShakers where very nice and VERY tight … due to the storm we had the chance to see them twice, nice.
The Loomings where a real discovery … very fresh.
Ensemble Musikfabrik was awesome and impressive.

Last year I was shedding some tears during the Lindsey Cooper Songbook and in general enjoyed the Mystery Stage a lot.

Only thing I have a hard time to understand is how in the world people enjoy The Grandmothers of Invention.
It is unbelievable how bad they are … I don't have enough nostalgia in me to accept this shit.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
orontea
Post 2019-07-28 14:04   [Quote] 
Oh yeah the weather.
It was actually perfect … except for the storm during Black Napkins.
And … well … my tent was not in a sleeping condition anymore.
But hey…
 [Profile]  [PM] 
polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-08-08 17:01   [Quote] 
I will have to follow up on most of the acts at this year's Zappanale. It's a fun, rollercoaster long weekend, but it's difficult to take it all in in one go. Among many other things I am definitely going to have to see that Lumpy Gravy performance again - very entertaining seeing it live.

obdewil
EU.gif
Post 2019-08-08 17:12   [Quote] 
polydigm wrote:
I will have to follow up on most of the acts at this year's Zappanale. It's a fun, rollercoaster long weekend, but it's difficult to take it all in in one go. Among many other things I am definitely going to have to see that Lumpy Gravy performance again - very entertaining seeing it live.

https://youtu.be/n8OM6Et95oY
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-08-09 09:02   [Quote] 
Excellent, thank you. Are you going to make this available for download at some point? Or is it already here?

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner -> Zappanale #30 All times are GMT

Jump to: