Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Why isn't Everything is Healing Nicely appreciated more?
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2014-04-13 14:21   [Quote] 
Mondolunch wrote:
I use the CD to shave my weasel face.

No really.

Okay. I don't.

Mondo

Why not? AAFNRAA! imslow
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Tero
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-26 14:36   [Quote] 
Iíve had this for years never played it much. It was my last purchase at a suburban record store that closed after that.

Now I see it is some use. Collecting 80 min of EM from the 3 discs I have, excluding all of Greggary Peckary.

I get bored with a lot of Frankís spoken parts with the perverts and other oddballs. But somehow when given with a German accent, these become hilarious to me. Like Lowell George as customs agent.

OK the disc is ready but I added a few tracks past the 80 min on the iTunes version.

Yes I still use iTunes as I don't have fancy stuff. Things ripped off of Youtube I use J-Downloader.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-08-06 00:43   [Quote] 
vivalapsych wrote:
Didn't Gail say that after they put out this disc, they found a tape from these sessions that Frank had actually put together himself?

What??? Shocked Are you serious? A lost Zappa album? I wanna hear that! Source? Does anyone else know about this?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
scherbe2003
Post 2019-08-06 04:23   [Quote] 
Are you perhaps confusing this with the video footage? Rudi Dolezal and Hannes Rossacher had been called to film the sessions with the EM. Some snippets could be seen towards the end of their documentary "Frank Zappa, Ein Leben als Extravaganza". Gail has later tried to get hold of the tapes but apparently that did not quite work out. Yet it seems she was successful in preventing them from producing their documentary about the EM rehearsals.

To my knowledge, Gail never mentioned their names but - likewise only to my knowledge - they were the only video crew around, so it must have been them.

Otherwise, Frank certainly taped each and every bit of the sessions. They could put out ten CDs if they wanted. I could well imagine that Frank had released also other parts from these sessions in some way/form or other, had he lived longer. Like the "pull my finger" bit, which (I think) is not on EIHN.

The tape put together by Frank himself was perhaps EIHN itself. At least, I recall something like Gail/ZFT didn't know about the masters and only discovered them at some point.

To me, most of EIHN is superfluous. It has nice cover art, though.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-08-07 00:51   [Quote] 
scherbe2003 wrote:
To me, most of EIHN is superfluous. It has nice cover art, though.

To my mind, if Frank himself assembled / produced the album then it is not superfluous - it being part of his CC. imslow
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-08-07 00:53   [Quote] 
scherbe2003 wrote:
Are you perhaps confusing this with the video footage?

No idea. Just going by what Vivalapsych was suggesting. You may well be right.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-08-07 08:38   [Quote] 
When EIHN arrived at my place and I played it for the first time, it was the most unexpected and pleasant surprise I'd had from the ZFT so far, by far. Since then, there have been more, but it's still a stand out.

Dance Me This is a real standout which is growing on me, but before that was released, it was already a long standing well known legend that was a huge relief when it arrived, but not a huge surprise like EIHN.

franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-08-10 01:12   [Quote] 
Quote:
When EIHN arrived at my place and I played it for the first time, it was the most unexpected and pleasant surprise I'd had from the ZFT so far, by far. Since then, there have been more, but it's still a stand out.

Unexpected and pleasant for me too - because of its quiet and unassuming elegance and dreamlike guile... Most unlike a typical Zappa production.

Quote:
Dance Me This is a real standout which is growing on me, but before that was released, it was already a long standing well known legend that was a huge relief when it arrived, but not a huge surprise like EIHN.

Never heard it and still can't listen to it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Mower B. Yard
Post 2019-08-10 04:36   [Quote] 
Quote:

Quote:

Dude, it's fine. You're going to be glad once you put it on. A very fitting last record IMO.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-08-10 08:33   [Quote] 
Mower B. Yard wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Dude, it's fine. You're going to be glad once you put it on. A very fitting last record IMO.

Thanks. Appreciate it. Maybe on my last day... Crying or Very sad
 [Profile]  [PM] 
polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-08-11 00:07   [Quote] 
If youíve never listened to it, how do you know you canít?

yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2019-08-11 15:42   [Quote] 
franktomatozappa wrote:

Well, you're just missing out.

franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-08-11 23:16   [Quote] 
yetanother wrote:
franktomatozappa wrote:

Well, you're just missing out.

Story of my life. laughing my ass off Maybe I will just pick it up and listen to it. It could happen at any time. Shocked
 [Profile]  [PM] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-08-11 23:26   [Quote] 
polydigm wrote:
If youíve never listened to it, how do you know you canít?

I choose not to listen to it so as to deny and shape my own reality. In particular, the reality that FZ will not himself be producing anymore new music for my personal enjoyment. disbelief
 [Profile]  [PM] 
LeifH
canada.gif
Post 2019-08-12 01:29   [Quote] 
I highly recommend Dance Me This, especially the last track, Calculus. The liner notes accompanying that piece are quite interesting as well. I'd say the saddest part of that release is when Gail suggests checking out ZPZ, only to have the legal drama occur years later.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 4 of 5 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Collectors All times are GMT

Jump to: