Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Zappa around The World
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-07-17 11:07   [Quote] 
Had lunch in the Rijksmuseum yesterday and as one of the wait staff walked by I noticed she had ZAPPA tattooed on the back of her neck. I asked her about it and she said she was a serious Zappa fan. No kidding?! Sheís never been to Zappanale and isnít going this year - maybe festivals are not her cup of tea (some language difficulty, but her English was way better than my non existent Dutch) but she did say her son had been to see Dweezil when he came to Amsterdam. She seemed pretty shy for someone sporting significant body art.

It was good to meet another Zappa fan at random while travelling.

My wife and I met up with the young woman who runs Packard Goose - BBP from the Zappa forum - and her boyfriend, in Eindhoven the other day. We had lunch and then visited the Abbemuseum - the museum of modern art. A very pleasant afternoon!

Last edited by polydigm on 2019-07-18 07:35; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-07-17 16:21   [Quote] 
polydigm wrote:
It was good to meet another Zappa fan while travelling.

It's possible you will meet more in the next few days.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
MrBolero
germany.gif
Post 2019-07-17 16:37   [Quote] 
uncle max wrote:
I have recently found in Germany the German version on Blu-Ray of a 1971 movie by Dario Argento "Quattro Mosche di Velluto Grigio" ("Four Flies on Grey Velvet" / "Vier Fliegen auf grauen Samt") which I have been unable to find for many years.

I had seen it many many years ago, probably before getting into FZ (which I did in 1976).
So, imagine my surprise when I saw this scene yesterday.
Very Happy

Doesn't Bud Spencer play in this movie ? Does he have a big role ?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
rabbit
Contributor
uruguay.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-07-18 00:19   [Quote] 
La Beriso is a Band from Argentina. Go to 2:03...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9IGhWbIIIc
 [Profile]  [PM] 
uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-07-18 06:32   [Quote] 
MrBolero wrote:
uncle max wrote:
I have recently found in Germany the German version on Blu-Ray of a 1971 movie by Dario Argento "Quattro Mosche di Velluto Grigio" ("Four Flies on Grey Velvet" / "Vier Fliegen auf grauen Samt") which I have been unable to find for many years.

I had seen it many many years ago, probably before getting into FZ (which I did in 1976).
So, imagine my surprise when I saw this scene yesterday.
Very Happy

Doesn't Bud Spencer play in this movie ? Does he have a big role ?

Yes, Bud has a cameo role as the main character's weird friend.
Bud is a philosopher, living alone in the countryside and his verbal expressions are not exactly "polite".
There is a joke on his name in the movie. His name is Diomede and since Dio=God in Italian everybody calls him Dio.
Then something else but I won't reveal the plot Smile

polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-07-18 07:32   [Quote] 
drdork wrote:
polydigm wrote:
It was good to meet another Zappa fan while travelling.

It's possible you will meet more in the next few days.

Again: No kidding??!! Razz (Of course you're kidding around) Smile Yes, meeting FZ fans over the next couple of days was engineered. The above was at random. I know there are a lot of FZ fans in Australia, judging by turn out at various FZ related events - on the rare occasions they occur - but it's very, very rare to run into an FZ fan at random - (music shops aren't exactly random - I've come across FZ fans working in various of those). Mind you, the above is the only random one so far over here. I bumped into some FZ fans on a rail platform one time when we were visiting the UK a few years back.

uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-07-19 06:40   [Quote] 
Maybe you came across Zappa fans at random and you didn't realize it just because they were not tattooed, or wearing a Zappa shirt Smile

polydigm
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2019-07-19 12:35   [Quote] 
What you donít know wonít hurt you!

staaan
usa.gif
Post 2019-08-03 00:22   [Quote] 
StrokeTheBoots wrote:
Didn't know where to put this elsewhere since it's not from "around the world"...so:

In the episode 1 of season 1 of the series "Big Little Lies" this cover version of "King Kong" is being played in a family's kitchen during lunch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2hhhB4ezg

I just watched this episode, cool version. Can anyone tell me more about the band, Babe Ruth, covering the song?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
scotland.gif
Post 2019-08-03 09:43   [Quote] 
uncle max wrote:
Maybe you came across Zappa fans at random and you didn't realize it just because they were not tattooed, or wearing a Zappa shirt Smile

It happens to me rather frequently, when out wearing a Zappa or Beefheart Tee-shirt.
Random people tap me on the shoulder, or call out with one liners such as "Love Zappa", or "Hot Rats is my favourite album of all time". It give a man a little hope for the world, in a fuzzy warm kinda way.

Please support Zappateers.com

Chords that vibrate sweetest pleasure,
Thrill the deepest notes of wo.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/TPSzappateer
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-08-04 00:11   [Quote] 
TPS wrote:
uncle max wrote:

It happens to me rather frequently, when out wearing a Zappa or Beefheart Tee-shirt.
Random people tap me on the shoulder, or call out with one liners such as "Love Zappa", or "Hot Rats is my favourite album of all time". It give a man a little hope for the world, in a fuzzy warm kinda way.

Me too! In 1981 while queuing for a ride in Disneyland (or was it Disneyworld) I got a "Hey! Uncle Frank!" shout out for my unofficial Zappa T.

Also in in 1981, a waiter at a cafe in Brussels (City 2 Mall) gave me the thumbs up when he saw I'd just bought the SUPYG box set that I was fondling.

Ah good times... imslow
 [Profile]  [PM] 
uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2019-08-06 16:24   [Quote] 
Visiting Mom in Italy.
She knows I'm a Zappa fan, so she asks "Can you translate this sentence from your favourite artist that I just found in the foreword to the book I'm reading?"
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

franktomatozappa
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-08-06 23:28   [Quote] 
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 25 of 25 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: