Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Clip for Today
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
Author Message
uncle max
Power Poster
Joined: 2013-03-20
Posts: 1450
Location: Hamburg
germany.gif
Post 2019-04-11 22:29   [Quote] 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bg47eIXwk8

Rachel Flowers - Tarkus (piano version, complete)

WTF !!!!
wow

_________________
uncle max
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Joined: 2007-02-01
Posts: 3253
Post 2019-04-12 00:22   [Quote] 
A whole lotta sound coming from this gentleman and his little sticks.
Amazing.

Luigi Lai, récital di launeddas - "Le Salon de Musique" 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzWITU3L-F0
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Tero
Joined: 2018-10-13
Posts: 229
usa.gif
Post 2019-04-12 03:07   [Quote] 
uncle max wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bg47eIXwk8

Rachel Flowers - Tarkus (piano version, complete)

WTF !!!!
wow

What? You were unfamiliar with Rachel?
Rachel with Dweezil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RvBMHXLGms
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDWY4laeVqU
sound is a bit bad on the latter..keyboards barely heard

_________________
humor: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
bazbo
Power Poster
Joined: 2004-07-09
Posts: 2629
Location: Planet Olanda
netherlands.gif
Post 2019-04-12 06:13   [Quote] 
Rachel is fantastic.
Saw her in July 2017 at the Emerson tribute concert in Birmingham, where she performed the Third Movement of Emerson's Piano Concerto No. 1 with orchestra. That was goosebumps all over.

Guitar Solo Baz

_________________
'You can go my back on' - youngpumpkin
'If it didn't matter, then it would not matter.' - Julian Barnes
'There's no bad poetry; there's only bad people.' - Willem Bierman

'ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL'
- for Walk(spoon) - gone, but never forgotten

www.bazbo.net
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
uncle max
Power Poster
Joined: 2013-03-20
Posts: 1450
Location: Hamburg
germany.gif
Post 2019-04-13 09:02   [Quote] 
Tero wrote:
uncle max wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bg47eIXwk8

Rachel Flowers - Tarkus (piano version, complete)

WTF !!!!
wow

What? You were unfamiliar with Rachel?
Rachel with Dweezil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RvBMHXLGms
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDWY4laeVqU
sound is a bit bad on the latter..keyboards barely heard


Not unfamiliar with her, but never come across her Tarkus transcription for piano solo.
Besides the technique, which is astonishing, I found this idea to turn ELP's aggressive-trio-landmark-suite into a piano solo "sonata" quite impressive.
She's very good in her interpretation of The Fugue and Second Impression as well, but these were composed originally for piano.

_________________
uncle max
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
Joined: 2006-01-29
Posts: 1484
Location: NW Scotland
uk.gif
Post 2019-04-13 15:56   [Quote] 

_________________
.....hoping for the best......


Last edited by wildfisherman on 2019-04-18 19:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Tero
Joined: 2018-10-13
Posts: 229
usa.gif
Post 2019-04-13 22:02   [Quote] 
I played all my ELP discs (5). I no longer like much of the synth. Though Lucky Man sure nailed the genre. I played that LP in my college dorm. But I now just play the piano and Hammond pieces of Emerson, mostly the Nice stuff. I guess I never cared for Greg Lake lyrics.

The Nice live, 17 minute clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpmYreOplfA

_________________
humor: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cookie_manager
Power Poster
Joined: 2007-12-20
Posts: 2384
Post 2019-05-04 19:14   [Quote] 
probably another social suicide-upload of mine in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HDV1fmtIKE
Rammstein (1995): Du riechst so gut

The song has its moments, the video is quite shitty (they made brilliant ones though later!). Yet I've returned to this clip again and again - for weeks. Not sure what it is. Well, some of the dudes are actually quite funny in interviews (watched tons of those recently). Anyway this is very early Rammstein with their first music video, figuring out the direction to go and already absolutely unmistakable. So maybe a "In all beginnings dwells a magic force"-thing that attracts me here. Raw, unpolished, straight to the point.

I guess I keep watching it for another few weeks until I like it. Smile

_________________
The present day stattewäbchen refuses to compose.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Mr_Green_Genes
Busy Poster
Joined: 2006-03-15
Posts: 515
brazil.gif
Post 2019-06-23 12:23   [Quote] 
With a special thanks to yetanother!

Hermeto Pascoal - Right & Left Tennis shoes - Happy 83rd Birthday Hermeto Pascoal, The Champ, born June 22nd 1936, Canoa da Lagoa, Al, Brazil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfSpRc8wbrs (1:45)

_________________
Arf
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
PaulusS
Power Poster
Joined: 2005-02-12
Posts: 1142
Location: Ooi- en Ramsgat
netherlands.gif
Post 2019-07-03 14:38   [Quote] 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6-Oz66jlg0

Buying The Band - Documentaire - The Wild Romance

_________________
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
TOGFIADO
Contributor
Joined: 2008-03-04
Posts: 1496
Location: 50.731652/-0.789229 The centre of the universe
Contributor
Post 2019-07-04 03:15   [Quote] 
Tero wrote:
I played all my ELP discs (5). I no longer like much of the synth. Though Lucky Man sure nailed the genre. I played that LP in my college dorm. But I now just play the piano and Hammond pieces of Emerson, mostly the Nice stuff. I guess I never cared for Greg Lake lyrics.

The Nice live, 17 minute clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpmYreOplfA

Bit late, I know, but I loved the Nice much more than ELP. Hate Greg Lake. Up his own arse, as we say here. Loved it when the German TV company got it wrong by crediting the first track to Aynsley Dunbar's Retaliation. Probably stoned. Or just lost in what was going on.

_________________
Red balloons just pop behind my eye
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
StrokeTheBoots
Power Poster
Joined: 2011-06-15
Posts: 1082
Location: Bremen, Germany
Post 2019-07-31 19:41   [Quote] 
https://youtu.be/jvyjGEJO1mc

This guy is nuts. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" in 20 different styles...

_________________
"I am not gay, although I wish I were, just to piss off homophobes." Kurt Cobain
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
uncle max
Power Poster
Joined: 2013-03-20
Posts: 1450
Location: Hamburg
germany.gif
Post 2019-08-01 12:31   [Quote] 
StrokeTheBoots wrote:
https://youtu.be/jvyjGEJO1mc

This guy is nuts. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" in 20 different styles...


roflol roflol roflol

_________________
uncle max
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
kewo69
Joined: 2014-02-11
Posts: 121
Location: Burgos
spain.gif
Post 2019-08-01 14:22   [Quote] 
cookie_manager wrote:
probably another social suicide-upload of mine in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HDV1fmtIKE
Rammstein (1995): Du riechst so gut

The song has its moments, the video is quite shitty (they made brilliant ones though later!). Yet I've returned to this clip again and again - for weeks. Not sure what it is. Well, some of the dudes are actually quite funny in interviews (watched tons of those recently). Anyway this is very early Rammstein with their first music video, figuring out the direction to go and already absolutely unmistakable. So maybe a "In all beginnings dwells a magic force"-thing that attracts me here. Raw, unpolished, straight to the point.

I guess I keep watching it for another few weeks until I like it. Smile


I remember watching this video when it came out in Spain on Viva2, when they were not popular at all.

I didn't hear that song again until taxi driver took us to Zappanale after the famous storm a couple of weeks ago Wink
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
cookie_manager
Power Poster
Joined: 2007-12-20
Posts: 2384
Post 2019-08-06 05:04   [Quote] 
Nice coincidence

I'm almost st the point with Rammstein of buying a few songs as mp3s. While in the last 25 years I've thought they were complete idiots. For me there's a substancial paradigm shift going on here so to speak. Razz

now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi81m4PuyTc - Henry Cow 1976

_________________
The present day stattewäbchen refuses to compose.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic
 
Page 43 of 45 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar