Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Missing from the tracker
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Beefheart Corner
Author Message
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5226
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-10-26 19:37   [Quote] 
Can't update The Beefheart Catalogue until we have confirmed that the soundcheck is from "1980 12 - Texas". Wink
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Galeans
Contributor
Joined: 2005-11-12
Posts: 3682
Contributor
Post 2016-10-26 19:45   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
Can't update The Beefheart Catalogue until we have confirmed that the soundcheck is from "1980 12 - Texas". Wink


I'll have to argue with you on this, Pitty: this tape has always circulated as 1980 12 xx Texas and there seems to be no way, at the moment, to uncover the correct date and location. There is also a 1976 12 XX Unknown Venue tape filed on the catalogue. I suggest to list it anyway, maybe with a " Exclamation " or a disclaimer Wink

cheers

_________________
"Grouch!"
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5226
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2016-11-01 22:43   [Quote] 
Galeans wrote:
Pittylabelle wrote:
Can't update The Beefheart Catalogue until we have confirmed that the soundcheck is from "1980 12 - Texas". Wink


I'll have to argue with you on this, Pitty: this tape has always circulated as 1980 12 xx Texas and there seems to be no way, at the moment, to uncover the correct date and location. There is also a 1976 12 XX Unknown Venue tape filed on the catalogue. I suggest to list it anyway, maybe with a " Exclamation " or a disclaimer Wink

cheers


OK, changed my mind - here it is! http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=28986

The last listed show of 1980. Wink
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Galeans
Contributor
Joined: 2005-11-12
Posts: 3682
Contributor
Post 2016-11-02 09:05   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
OK, changed my mind - here it is! http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=28986

The last listed show of 1980. Wink


bravo

cheers

_________________
"Grouch!"
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Galeans
Contributor
Joined: 2005-11-12
Posts: 3682
Contributor
Post 2019-06-07 10:18   [Quote] 
"1980 10 30 - Apollo Theatre, Manchester" happily crossed off the list tunes

cheers

_________________
"Grouch!"
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
number1823
Joined: 2008-09-12
Posts: 232
usa.gif
Post 2019-06-10 00:19   [Quote] 
Hey Galeans, hey Pitty . . . slow getting back in this thread . . i was digging through some tapes today and pulled out several from the list here. They need to be transferred. I can likely do it or I am open to sending one of you guys the tapes, as it's likely you may do a better job than me. In the past I've always just used average tape decks and a stand alone cd burner (many shared as username mcchocchoc). Low budget. Lol.

Anyhow here's the tapes I pulled today. More tapes still to dig through . . .

1980-11-17 York Univ
1980-10-26 Bristol
1980-11-18 London (2 versions)
1975 Bristol
1973-04-13 Glasgow
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5226
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-06-10 01:18   [Quote] 
number1823 wrote:
Hey Galeans, hey Pitty . . . slow getting back in this thread . . i was digging through some tapes today and pulled out several from the list here. They need to be transferred. I can likely do it or I am open to sending one of you guys the tapes, as it's likely you may do a better job than me. In the past I've always just used average tape decks and a stand alone cd burner (many shared as username mcchocchoc). Low budget. Lol.

Anyhow here's the tapes I pulled today. More tapes still to dig through . . .

1980-11-17 York Univ
1980-10-26 Bristol
1980-11-18 London (2 versions)
1975 Bristol
1973-04-13 Glasgow


Hey, that's awesome - welcome back!

What you have unearthed today alone seems to be real treasures - these are all shows that were previously marked "Not Available" here, and "1980-11-18 London (2 versions)" may be the Early and Late Show.

I will write you a PM, then we'll see!

Thanks again for these great news!
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
Joined: 2006-03-16
Posts: 5226
Location: Elsewhere in the Fatherland
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-06-10 01:50   [Quote] 
Galeans wrote:
"1980 10 30 - Apollo Theatre, Manchester" happily crossed off the list tunes

cheers


Yes, that was a stroke of luck! Wink

BTW, "crossed off the list"
I will expand the lists of Beefheart concerts by a few missing one that were not listed here before. So there will be more research work going on for us in the future - but that's what makes it interesting and that's why we're here after all. Laughing

I just started with
08. 1980/1982 - Doc At The Radar Station / Ice Cream For Crow
http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=28986

Take look again at the list of concerts marked with "Not Available".
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic
 
Page 2 of 2 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> The Beefheart Corner All times are GMT

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar