Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Article: Zappa Siblings Row Settled With Pledges to Be More Amiable
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
yetanother
Power Poster
brazil.gif
Post 2019-02-11 19:42   [Quote] 
Yeah, sure, "respect" Rolling Eyes

Dark Clothes
Busy Poster
Post 2019-02-11 20:44   [Quote] 
McMick wrote:
I respect Moon too, and I think her parents were probably lousy at parenting, but her story is just so horribly teenage-girl-typical. I guess us guys should feel lucky she's not blaming the whole male race for her stupid mistakes. She must never have listened to her dad's lyrics.

Which of Zappa's lyrics would you particularly recommend to educate a teenage girl into the real world? I know Moon didn't care for Broken Hearts Are For Assholes, so I guess you're right that's one she didn't heed.

staaan
usa.gif
Post 2019-02-11 22:40   [Quote] 
At about the 9:43 mark of the vid, she mentions being whisked back stage past a gaggle of other girls yelling pick me. My first thought was to chuckle seeing how FZ wrote a song called Pick me I'm clean then I wondered if this story was for real.

Maybe it's just me but I don't buy that Frank & Gail would of been so blase as to say go and have fun when she asked if she could fly out to meet this guy. Frank of all people understood the sleazy side of life on the road for a R&R musician and Gail having been given the clap by Frank as a result of his being on tour understood also.

I would also say the drummer had to know whose daughter she was and I doubt he would want to get involved in any kind of potential drama. I mean he could of had his pick of debauched no name groupies why mess with a famous fellow Los Angeleno's 18 year old daughter? and potentially have to run into him?

Just my theory and other then that it was a well told story
 [Profile]  [PM] 
staaan
usa.gif
Post 2019-02-11 22:47   [Quote] 
Dark Clothes wrote:

Which of Zappa's lyrics would you particularly recommend to educate a teenage girl into the real world?

I've been in you? especially the preamble part
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2019-02-12 00:17   [Quote] 
Dweezil was back then and still is friends with Warren Dimartini of RATT so there is also that connection. I wonder if she ever told DZ that she banged the Blobster?

Idiot
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-03-27 23:24   [Quote] 

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 3 of 3 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: