Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Varese
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
Wazoo BuffaloVoice
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-11 22:49   [Quote] 
Opaque melodies that would bug most people. Music from the other side of the fence

http://www.youtube.com/user/BuffaloVoice?feature=mhee
 [Profile]  [PM] 
hoops
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-01-14 19:16   [Quote] 
Hey, that looks like my copy, Waz...

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
belew-vibe
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-14 19:40   [Quote] 
I wish Diva would post many more photos of Frank's LP collection, especially if it would include his own copy. The fact that he discovered this title by accident changed the face of 20th century music. I also wondered if he kept his old blues 78's...

hoops
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-01-14 19:42   [Quote] 
belew-vibe wrote:
I wish Diva would post many more photos of Frank's LP collection, especially if it would include his own copy. The fact that he discovered this title by accident changed the face of 20th century music. I also wondered if he kept his old blues 78's...

That's a great idea, and I often wonder about the 'old guys' he would sit and listen to the R&B stuff with...I wonder if this Alex Winter film will touch on stuff like that...?

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
belew-vibe
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-14 20:28   [Quote] 
hoops wrote:
belew-vibe wrote:

That's a great idea, and I often wonder about the 'old guys' he would sit and listen to the R&B stuff with...I wonder if this Alex Winter film will touch on stuff like that...?

I hope the film gives us some eye candy with the old records. I can't imagine how many people gave him their new releases over the years that he didn't want. There's no way to know which ones he sought out to buy, or discovered by accident, or which ones really influenced him. I wish he were here to speak for himself. Likewise, if there was on old Johnny Guitar Watson record in there, or THAT Varese LP, now those would be priceless.

Foxbat
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-14 20:32   [Quote] 
belew-vibe wrote:

Is the collection still together ???
 [Profile]  [PM] 
hoops
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-01-14 20:41   [Quote] 
belew-vibe wrote:
hoops wrote:
belew-vibe wrote:

I hope the film gives us some eye candy with the old records. I can't imagine how many people gave him their new releases over the years that he didn't want. There's no way to know which ones he sought out to buy, or discovered by accident, or which ones really influenced him. I wish he were here to speak for himself. Likewise, if there was on old Johnny Guitar Watson record in there, or THAT Varese LP, now those would be priceless.

Indeed, I can't imagine any reason (other than plain ol' damage in one form or another) that would have induced him to part with EMS401 considering the impact it had on him. We can only hope we see stuff like that in the film... and find out a little more about his collection, and listening habits outside of his own music.

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
oofers
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-15 19:07   [Quote] 
Foxbat wrote:
belew-vibe wrote:

Is the collection still together ???

One would think so. When Gaga bought the house, everything would have been moved out.

There was the big auction a couple of years ago, but I just remember a lot of tacky furniture and some studio gear, and nothing so personal as Frank's own record collection. Although someone who scoured over that auction brochure may prove me wrong.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Idiot
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-01-15 20:38   [Quote] 
The picture here of some of FZ's record collection was posted by Diva on Instagram a few months before the auction - presumably getting ready to move it somewhere safe

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDTUw_4IHpw/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1e7df47nmccij

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
hoops
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-01-16 21:16   [Quote] 
Idiot wrote:
The picture here of some of FZ's record collection was posted by Diva on Instagram a few months before the auction - presumably getting ready to move it somewhere safe

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDTUw_4IHpw/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1e7df47nmccij

Hopefully....cool photo, nice use of the word "some" too Very Happy
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2019-01-16 21:58   [Quote] 
hoops wrote:
Idiot wrote:

When that picture first appeared some people had a bit of a go at identifying some of them..... I think ''Close to the Edge'' (by Yes) was one suggestion...

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
McMick
Post 2019-01-16 23:50   [Quote] 
I'm wondering, was Varese's music supposed to be taken "seriously"? By that I mean, was there any intentional humor in it? I'm just wondering how Frank might have viewed it, given his own propensity for the preposterous.

[Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2019-01-17 02:17   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
hoops wrote:
Idiot wrote:

When that picture first appeared some people had a bit of a go at identifying some of them..... I think ''Close to the Edge'' (by Yes) was one suggestion...

yea, 'cause it's green = wishful thinking? ha ha!

ps was it Halloween '78 where a fan in the audience passed the Varese album for Frank to autograph? Can't remember his response, something like: "where did you find a copy of that?"
 [Profile]  [PM] 
scoobie
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-17 13:59   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:
father-0blivion wrote:
hoops wrote:
Idiot wrote:

yea, 'cause it's green = wishful thinking? ha ha!

ps was it Halloween '78 where a fan in the audience passed the Varese album for Frank to autograph? Can't remember his response, something like: "where did you find a copy of that?"

I saw that, too, and the first thing I thought was, Yes! But then I thought. It's green. It's a green record. Tantalizing.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
hoops
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2019-01-18 16:06   [Quote] 
McMick wrote:
I'm wondering, was Varese's music supposed to be taken "seriously"? By that I mean, was there any intentional humor in it? I'm just wondering how Frank might have viewed it, given his own propensity for the preposterous.

Have you read his Idol of my youth essay yet...? That's a decent read...

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT

Jump to: