Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Are all CD versions of "Make A Jazz Noise Here" the same?  
ergalthema
Post 2018-11-30 03:28   [Quote] 
My CD got lost along the way and I'd like to get it again. My case was thick - it was like two CD cases together. Were they all like that?

I'm sure it would have been a normal USA CD - bought around 1995 new. Is the version that's new on Amazon just like it?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-30 03:59   [Quote] 
The original 1991 MAJNH CD was a "fatboy" double CD, as were all Zappa double CDs up through the end of the YCDTOSA series. The 1995 and 2012 reissues were in slimline cases.

If you are thinking about sound quality and mastering changes, I think there have been only minor changes (if any) in the later versions of Jazz Noise.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
polydigm
australia.gif
Post 2018-11-30 05:15   [Quote] 
There is a MAJNH version without the Bartok and Stravinsky stuff. The first one I bought in the UK around late 1991, early 1992 was like that. I was of course livid when I eventually found out much later.

warewolf95
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-12-04 00:47   [Quote] 
polydigm wrote:
There is a MAJNH version without the Bartok and Stravinsky stuff. The first one I bought in the UK around late 1991, early 1992 was like that. I was of course livid when I eventually found out much later.

That's the one I started out with too - didn't realize until 2012 or so that those tracks were "supposed" to be on it.

Still can't believe he didn't officially release the 88 Packard Goose in full - 'twas a thing of beauty and they friggin' played it almost every night. Smile

poldino
Busy Poster
uk.gif
Post 2018-12-08 02:34   [Quote] 
I think one version has very slightly different talking by zappa at the start of disk 2.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
feralcats
Post 2018-12-08 09:01   [Quote] 
polydigm wrote:

ugh, of topic but reminds me of when I copped a new copy of "Best Band" without Bolero on it. No clue why these estates found such an issue with what I think were very tasteful tributes (maybe it had nothing to do with what they thought of the performances, just sheer legality). Still, those are some of the best moments on both albums.

cosmikd
Contributor
france.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-12-08 10:28   [Quote] 
The Bolero is in public domain since 2016... but copyright holders try to stop Ravel's 'Bolero' from entering public domain using co-author trick.
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20160503/12070334335/copyright-holders-try-to-stop-ravels-bolero-entering-public-domain-using-co-author-trick.shtml
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
warewolf95
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-12-08 19:41   [Quote] 
poldino wrote:
I think one version has very slightly different talking by zappa at the start of disk 2.

Never heard of this but would love to know more -

Calling @pbuzby! Smile

pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2018-12-08 19:55   [Quote] 
warewolf95 wrote:
poldino wrote:

Never heard of this but would love to know more -

Calling @pbuzby! Smile

I've never heard of this, and the Zappa Patio doesn't mention it. Any more details?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Zappalogy All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: