Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Pacific / European Run early 1976  
martyg
Post 2018-11-26 21:00   [Quote] 
Why in this run are all of the stingers for I'm Not Satisfied appended onto Black Napkins as if there is a segue, though it's an obvious ending? I've had to change almost all of them for my own copies.

Also, in general, why are there so many extra titles that aren't actually songs, but parts of others (i.e Terry's drum solo ending Chunga's Revenge) are siphoned off to their own tracks?

I ask this because I'm making an effort to hear how songs were divided into sets and the sets were moved around (on other tours, not this one). This tour was rather boring setwise, with only minimal variation, seems according to how much time they had for the show, but the Roxy bands are fun to hear in large pieces moved around, and it makes the Flo & Eddie era a lot more interesting to hear how they moved blocks around for any given show.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-11-26 22:01   [Quote] 
The "stinger" you're referring to is in fact the opening chord of Black Napkins (C♯m7).

Compare spring 1975 performances of I'm Not Satisfied, which had no such stingeróbecause the song was followed by Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy, not Black Napkins.

Or check out the indexing of the officially-released FZ:OZ.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BasketCase
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2018-11-26 23:53   [Quote] 
Listening to the outro of "I'm Not Satisfied" on the FZ:OZ album, am I right in thinking Napoleon briefly plays the "I can't stand the way he pouts..." section from Punky's Whips?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
martyg
Post 2018-11-27 00:42   [Quote] 
Not interested in other years, just this particular run.

The chord that actually happens on the stinger in these shows is a Gm9 (coming off of the long A major triad that ends I'm Not Satisfied and frequently there's a grand pause before the C#m7 for Black Napkins starts during the cheering (especially in the European portion). Roy plays a G, Frank plays the Bbmaj7 in F shape to achieve the downward slide motion. It's clearly an ending. Ref Offenburg. FZ:OZ is from the beginning of the tour, and this particular thing is in Europe mostly. I'd have to go through them again to find where I first noticed it but it was very definitely after Japan.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-27 01:47   [Quote] 
BasketCase wrote:
Listening to the outro of "I'm Not Satisfied" on the FZ:OZ album, am I right in thinking Napoleon briefly plays the "I can't stand the way he pouts..." section from Punky's Whips?

Coincidence, I think. They are both arpeggiated A major chords (although in the case of "Punky's Whips" it is over an E bass), E-C#-A-E.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
BasketCase
Poster
uk.gif
Post 2018-11-29 12:31   [Quote] 
Thanks, Pbuzby....!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Zappalogy All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: