Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Seed Request : 1988 03 20 Rothman Center, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Hackensack (a.k.a. Teaneck), NJ  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Requests ~ Sharing ~ Trading ~ Marketplace
number1823
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-09 04:01   [Quote] 
 [Profile]  [PM] 
HKR01
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-09 12:39   [Quote] 
Hi! What a great show! I was there!

CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2019-01-09 17:48   [Quote] 
Welcome aboard HKR01 Smile

Tell us more... how was the show? Any anecdotes?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
HKR01
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-09 21:46   [Quote] 
The venue wasn't really anything to rave about. It's a sports facility for basketball and other indoor sports.I had ok seats on the floor, left side. The sound bounced around a great deal and I remember looking up at the odd shaped ceiling. The crowd was really good though. From the Bus out of NYC and all the way to our seats, the crowd was so happy and into it. It had a zanier vibe than the Beacon. This was a couple of weeks after the Beacon Theater shows and I was determined to see Frank as many times as I could in the tri state area. So we took the bus over to Jersey with my friend Smitty. I incorrectly recalled that the band played a lot of One Size Fits All that night but looking at the setlist, I stand corrected! The Beacon shows, Poughkeepsie and CT shows sort of blend together now, after all these years. I just joined zappateers yesterday and have already found one of the three Beacon shows and strolled down memory lane. My buddy Smitty was at that show too.
Sadly, Smitty passed a couple years later and can't help but think of him. The FD (or "fairly ridiculous" as we joked) show was the last Zappa show I saw with Smitty. Wish I had more to tell you but I can tell you the feeling I had that night was one of total music euphoria and being around a thousand friends!

(and if anyone could seed this, I'd be most appreciative)

Thanks!

HKR01
usa.gif
Post 2019-01-09 23:35   [Quote] 
Just snagged it - thank you oh great mystery seeder wherever you are! I noticed the server notification before so thank you, admins and everyone else!

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Requests ~ Sharing ~ Trading ~ Marketplace All times are GMT

Jump to: