Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Color Note Organ  
McMick
Post 2018-11-08 13:17   [Quote] 
I don't know if this is something that's been brought up before, because apparently the search feature on this website is broken or something, because I've never found anything with it.

ANYHOW, what is a color note organ? Way back in time, when electronic organs were becoming a popular alternative to the family upright piano, there were companies, like Kimball, for example, that sold organs with little colored dots on the keys, then also gouged you for some music books with popular standards in 'em, which would show you with colored dots which notes to play, alongside the actual sheet music. So I'm pretty certain that's what he's referring to. Does anyone have anything to add on this particular topic?

By the way, from the way the various versions of the song were played out, I'm getting the vibe that the particular color note organ referred to in the song is a reference to a different type of organ altogether, one that isn't supposed to be a lot of different colors unless it's infected or something.

[Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2018-11-08 14:58   [Quote] 
McMick wrote:
I don't know if this is something that's been brought up before, because apparently the search feature on this website is broken or something, because I've never found anything with it.

You can use
"color note organ" site:www.zappateers.com
in your browser or search engine to search our forums.

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
NonFoods
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-10 08:20   [Quote] 

McMick
Post 2018-11-10 11:42   [Quote] 
I just figured that out before I came here to reply. I'm a fool to have forgotten about that site. Oh well, at least they agree with me! Laughing

[Profile]  [PM] 
tasfa potumba
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-10 22:13   [Quote] 
I think this is what Frank was referring to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3IMeA6ZdKY
In the 70s, these things were everywhere. They were speaker size boxes that responded to certain frequencies inherent in whatever record you were playing. I don't know how they were hooked up to one's stereo!

Kind of like a Sears poncho, or fuming incense stencher- just what hip people had in their houses in the early 70s.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Zappalogy All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: