Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
What can we expect for the next release?
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums
Author Message
Mower B. Yard
Joined: 2005-09-26
Posts: 131
Location: Amnerika
Post 2018-11-08 04:08   [Quote] 
Pity all of that good stuff is marred by the Artificial Rhonda bullshit of fake holography. And we don't get to to see the actual concert that was filmed.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Gwonam
Power Poster
Joined: 2011-07-25
Posts: 1201
Location: middle of nowhere
germany.gif
Post 2018-11-08 13:09   [Quote] 
maybe eventually we will, hopefully sooner rather than later.

_________________
alive and living in hologram form
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-04-30
Posts: 8867
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-09 01:58   [Quote] 
Gwonam wrote:
maybe eventually we will, hopefully sooner rather than later.


Joe said on the Zappacast that he'd like to release the early summer 1974 TV special (that is a likely source of the unreleased footage).
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Wips
Joined: 2009-09-26
Posts: 129
Location: Reading, PA
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-10 03:36   [Quote] 
Weirdomusic wrote:
Foxbat wrote:
This much time and this much silence ..... something big must be coming


The only thing coming is that crappy hologram nonsense: https://www.facebook.com/Zappa/videos/2119030805075364/?permPage=1


Yes, I want to be into this, but- meh . . .

The lineup of former band members is stellar- but WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DWEEZE?!? If Dweezle was involved with this, I would be way more receptive.

I just think of how expensive this probably is, and what those funds could be used for project wise (a Nordegg early 80's video comp, an unreleased synclavier snippets comp, Hot Rats side stuff w/Sugarcane Harris, a video of the supposed OTHER '88 show that was taped after Barcelona, The Fly synclavier music) . . . the list goes on and on.

I want to be positive and support Ahmets' efforts, but this whole hologram idea seems hokey, overly nostalgic, and a big money pit to nowhere. Fuck the hologram- and just get the Dweeze together with all this sweet alumni talent, and you have an immediate sale here.

Not trying to be negative, just my 2 cents.

Give me some sweet mixed down '88 shows! The band was spotty at times, but when they were on- oh mama, look out!

_________________
- Not even a witch oughta be caught on the bottom of Americas spew infested waterways . . . hey hey
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Wips
Joined: 2009-09-26
Posts: 129
Location: Reading, PA
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-10 03:48   [Quote] 
vivalapsych wrote:
I was expecting at least something for the holiday season...another Road Tapes release would be nice...but really I can’t compalin considering how many hours of stuff we got with Halloween '77 and The Roxy Perfomances boxes.

Looking forward to...-Waka/Wazoo deluxe
-Hot Rats deluxe
-a 1984 release with a fresh approach to mixing
-a 1979 and a 1988 box
-more 1960's MOI material..live and studio...in fact I won’t be satisfied till we get it all
-unreleased albums/sequences...Chalk Pie, Warts and All ect. or even better ones we previously knew nothing about, things like Finer Moments.


I have to second this- the Chalk Pie build that Frank put together is AMAZING. All of those tracks in that context and order really work! It was weird and wonderful after hearing all of that material as it was originally released for so many decades re-contextualized into Chalk Pie. It just resonated or 'worked' better for me, you know what I mean? It's hard to explain. But Chalk Pie is officially one of my top 10 Zappa albums- even if we never 'officially' received it in that form.
Maybe it only hits me so hard as I am one of the hardcore-hardcores, and Frank was right to break it up in the way he did to make the material more accessable to the masses, and I am in no way trying to second guess Franks artistic choices, but man . . . do I love me some Chalk Pie! Mmmmmm, tasty!

_________________
- Not even a witch oughta be caught on the bottom of Americas spew infested waterways . . . hey hey
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Busy Poster
Joined: 2009-09-03
Posts: 965
burma.gif
Post 2018-11-10 10:07   [Quote] 
Wips wrote:
vivalapsych wrote:
I was expecting at least something for the holiday season...another Road Tapes release would be nice...but really I can’t compalin considering how many hours of stuff we got with Halloween '77 and The Roxy Perfomances boxes.

Looking forward to...-Waka/Wazoo deluxe
-Hot Rats deluxe
-a 1984 release with a fresh approach to mixing
-a 1979 and a 1988 box
-more 1960's MOI material..live and studio...in fact I won’t be satisfied till we get it all
-unreleased albums/sequences...Chalk Pie, Warts and All ect. or even better ones we previously knew nothing about, things like Finer Moments.


I have to second this- the Chalk Pie build that Frank put together is AMAZING. All of those tracks in that context and order really work! It was weird and wonderful after hearing all of that material as it was originally released for so many decades re-contextualized into Chalk Pie. It just resonated or 'worked' better for me, you know what I mean? It's hard to explain. But Chalk Pie is officially one of my top 10 Zappa albums- even if we never 'officially' received it in that form.
Maybe it only hits me so hard as I am one of the hardcore-hardcores, and Frank was right to break it up in the way he did to make the material more accessable to the masses, and I am in no way trying to second guess Franks artistic choices, but man . . . do I love me some Chalk Pie! Mmmmmm, tasty!


I agree if you listen to LATHER as a whole it is much more satisfying than the individual albums.... my favorite posthumous release is FINER MOMENTS another Frank sequence LP and I would add disc 2 of ANOTHER BAND FROM LA, and the 12 disc History of the Mothers we have the 'we are the Mothers' disc on here would love to hear the other 11!
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
MrBitey
Joined: 2012-11-01
Posts: 49
Location: United Kingdom
uk.gif
Post 2018-11-10 15:52   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
Gwonam wrote:
maybe eventually we will, hopefully sooner rather than later.


Joe said on the Zappacast that he'd like to release the early summer 1974 TV special (that is a likely source of the unreleased footage).


Early summer 1974 TV special. Interesting! Never heard of that one... I wonder how different it is from KCET/Token...
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Joined: 2007-02-01
Posts: 2881
Post 2018-11-10 19:47   [Quote] 
Release the hologram source footage? Am I reading that right? Not a chance, I'd say.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
Joined: 2005-04-30
Posts: 8867
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-10 20:29   [Quote] 
MrBitey wrote:
pbuzby wrote:
Gwonam wrote:
maybe eventually we will, hopefully sooner rather than later.


Joe said on the Zappacast that he'd like to release the early summer 1974 TV special (that is a likely source of the unreleased footage).


Early summer 1974 TV special. Interesting! Never heard of that one... I wonder how different it is from KCET/Token...


It was the same band lineup except with Jeff Simmons added.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
feralcats
Joined: 2005-07-17
Posts: 56
Post 2018-11-12 23:11   [Quote] 
I've been really interested in Zappa's "documentary" period recently and especially An Evening With Wild Man Fischer....the globalia page has this interesting tidbit

Quote:
Alan Clayson, "Frank Talk—Interview with Gail Zappa," Record Collector, May, 2009
Are CD releases of the likes of Permanent Damage by The GTO's or An Evening With Wild Man Fischer on the cards?

There's a whole un-issued second album that Frank did with Wild Man Fischer, but I have to say that at the time I was about to sell the masters to Rykodisc—following Frank's orders—I had no idea what was in the vault, apart from his two posthumous albums. No-one did. So far, Joe has figured out about forty per cent of what's there.


now I don't ever expect even An Evening With....to ever be properly rereleased (even though I think it's a important bit for the Project/Object, let alone that it has Larry's best songs on it), but an entire second album? Really wish I could hear it.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
vivalapsych
Busy Poster
Joined: 2005-06-15
Posts: 773
Location: Washington DC
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-14 12:42   [Quote] 
feralcats wrote:
I've been really interested in Zappa's "documentary" period recently and especially An Evening With Wild Man Fischer....the globalia page has this interesting tidbit

Quote:
Alan Clayson, "Frank Talk—Interview with Gail Zappa," Record Collector, May, 2009
Are CD releases of the likes of Permanent Damage by The GTO's or An Evening With Wild Man Fischer on the cards?

There's a whole un-issued second album that Frank did with Wild Man Fischer, but I have to say that at the time I was about to sell the masters to Rykodisc—following Frank's orders—I had no idea what was in the vault, apart from his two posthumous albums. No-one did. So far, Joe has figured out about forty per cent of what's there.


now I don't ever expect even An Evening With....to ever be properly rereleased (even though I think it's a important bit for the Project/Object, let alone that it has Larry's best songs on it), but an entire second album? Really wish I could hear it.


I’d forgotten about that. Perhaps one day we'll hear it.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Joined: 2007-02-01
Posts: 2881
Post 2018-11-14 23:46   [Quote] 
Not the one you are looking for, but there is a NEW Larry digital release assembled by B&B:

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/wildmanfischer2
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Jim Lahey
Joined: 2006-08-14
Posts: 100
Location: De Pere, WI
Post 2018-11-15 07:08   [Quote] 
I can't remember where I read it (though it may ring a bell for someone around here) but Frank prepared An Evening With... for CD release back in the Ryko days if I'm not mistaken. Re-edited to fit on one CD I believe. That album has been waaaaay overdue for a CD re-release, and now (only now?!?!) I learn there is a second WMF from the same period? I always figured there must be bonus material but fuckin eh! Could be one of those things I think everyone wants but it'll turn out to be just me but I'll take any and all Frank-produced WMF recordings. I'll be waiting.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Busy Poster
Joined: 2009-09-03
Posts: 965
burma.gif
Post 2018-11-15 11:09   [Quote] 
from WIKIpedia... which may explain the situation...
'Fischer was frustrated that the album failed to bring him the fame he expected.[3] One day, he visited Zappa and threw a bottle that nearly hit Zappa's infant daughter Moon. This ended their relationship.[5] In a song Fischer later wrote ("Frank Zappa"), he alleged that Zappa subsequently withheld his recording income ("Frank's got my publishing rights / You could say he's on my mind / I think about him all the time"). After Frank's death in 1993, Gail Zappa inherited her husband's musical copyrights, and refused to reissue the album for as long as she lived.[4]'

plus have you guys checked out Fischer's albums on RHINO? like the original fun but shit!
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
martyg
Joined: 2016-05-31
Posts: 1
Post 2018-11-16 00:51   [Quote] 
I'd like to see a series of box sets for each era/tour, with an example of every song performed and every one-time event, warts and all. Especially to hear one of the Montana/Dupree's Paradise excursions that lasted over 40 minutes.
Back to top
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic
 
Page 6 of 6 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT + 1 Hour

 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group, TorrentPier © Meithar