Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Tom Brown  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2018-09-11 16:41   [Quote] 
Tom's having a hard time again. In fact, if the truth be told, he's having a hard time pretty much all of the time. I don't personally know Tom but I have in the past contributed to his GoFundMe page, so I get updates on his situation whenever he posts them. I help with a few dollars whenever I can, particularly when I can see it's been a while since any substantial donation came in, but the effect any one person can have is minimal. It would be nice if people here on Zappateers could contribute what they were able - if enough of us did it it would amount to something worth having. It's certainly not going to solve Tom's long term problems but could give him some respite for a week or two, or more if things went well. And good to know that there are more people out there who care. I know we've had appeals for Tom on Zappateers before but it doesn't hurt to have another one every once in a while.

If nothing else, a few dollars in gratitude for all the material on the tracker that actually originated with Tom. Whether it came from Robsam's collection, or Drew's, or some other, a lot of those tapes were first collected by Tom and made freely and generously available.

If you've no idea who Tom Brown is, may I suggest you read one or both of his books,

Summer of Love, My Ass!

Confessions of a Zappa Fanatic

They are both a really good read. I guess I got engaged with Tom by reading the first book. I am much the same age as him, but while I was having a very fine time in the 'Summer of Love' he was caught up in this ridiculous struggle not to end up in Vietnam. It's terrible that someone who went through all that with such good humour and refusal to compromise on his principles now finds himself in the predicament that he does.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ivester
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-09-11 21:10   [Quote] 
Tom was also the guy at Rhino who picked out the bootlegs for Frank to select for the Beat the Boots series. He's a major contributor to the Zappa community.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2018-09-11 21:34   [Quote] 
Fuck, this shit pisses me off!! Tom Brown is a great man!!

The U.S. gives billions to shithole countries every year but don't take care of ourof our own citizens properly. It makes me so fucking mad.

Last edited by jaypfunk on 2018-09-12 00:23; edited 1 time in total
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wildfisherman
Vine Coordinator
uk.gif
Post 2018-09-11 23:24   [Quote] 
Ironically, since I started this thread a few hours ago, Tom has posted another update which says that things are going a whole lot better this week. It's the most positive update I've seen in months, but it doesn't alter the fact that his basic circumstances are wretched and he could be doing with a hand.

I'm happy to see he's good today and glad that he's up for sharing that and that not everything is gloom and doom.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
rabbit
Contributor
uruguay.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-09-11 23:32   [Quote] 
jaypfunk wrote:
Fuck, this shit pisses me off!! Tom Brown is a great man!!

The U.S. gives billions to shithole countries every year but don't take care of our of our own citizens properly. It makes me so fucking mad.

Is Uruguay XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
offtopic
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2018-09-12 08:04   [Quote] 
Here is the same topic from 5 years ago.

Tom is zappa fanatic here on Zappateers.
I have been reading Tom's updates these past years, and some of it makes pretty hard, but compulsive, reading.
It is a mind fuck that a civilised society in the 21st century can allow such tragedies to happen to one of it's citizens.
Given different circumstances, it could be any one of us.

If you met Tom is a bar this week, would you buy him a beer? prost
If you would, then send him the cost of that beer. He'll probably spend it on meds to keep himself alive, but then, that's Tom for ya.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
hoops
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2018-09-12 08:05   [Quote] 
wildfisherman wrote:
Ironically, since I started this thread a few hours ago, Tom has posted another update which says that things are going a whole lot better this week. It's the most positive update I've seen in months, but it doesn't alter the fact that his basic circumstances are wretched and he could be doing with a hand.

I'm happy to see he's good today and glad that he's up for sharing that and that not everything is gloom and doom.

Glad to hear things are slightly better with him, even if not in overall circumstances... Sad

Try the vines, you'll love it, it's a way of life...

That's the way the cookie crumbled..
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: