Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Is this the right forum?
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
McMick
Post 2018-09-05 22:58   [Quote] 
I gotta say, guys, that I think a lot about Frank, and his music, and his lyrics, and his business and personal life. I have a myriad of questions and comments. I could probably wax prosaic for pages and pages about his stuff. Would this be the right forum to do it in, and also would anyone bother to read through it? I just feel this way because really there's nobody in my personal off-line life to talk to about any of this stuff. Yeah, some of my friends like Apostrophe or Joe's Garage, but that's about all I have to work with here. Anyhow, they certainly they aren't interested in listening to me expound for hours about it.

It would be really cathartic for me if I could get into these matters somewhere here on the forum. Validating, even. I could start with an essay of what Frank means to me and how he's affected my life, for example. It'll probably be badly written, but hey...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Busy Poster
burma.gif
Post 2018-09-06 07:27   [Quote] 
McMick wrote:
I gotta say, guys, that I think a lot about Frank, and his music, and his lyrics, and his business and personal life. I have a myriad of questions and comments. I could probably wax prosaic for pages and pages about his stuff. Would this be the right forum to do it in, and also would anyone bother to read through it? I just feel this way because really there's nobody in my personal off-line life to talk to about any of this stuff. Yeah, some of my friends like Apostrophe or Joe's Garage, but that's about all I have to work with here. Anyhow, they certainly they aren't interested in listening to me expound for hours about it.

It would be really cathartic for me if I could get into these matters somewhere here on the forum. Validating, even. I could start with an essay of what Frank means to me and how he's affected my life, for example. It'll probably be badly written, but hey...

Go for it dude if anyone is interestedly they will respond.... have a look at my STILL A COCK THREAD which has moved into a discussion on FZ solos fret technique tones etc. Whatís your favourite album tune solo?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
hoops
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2018-09-06 07:55   [Quote] 
Yeah, go for it...Zappateers isn't dead, it just smells funny...

Zappacheers!
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
wingedeelfingerling
Busy Poster
burma.gif
Post 2018-09-06 09:50   [Quote] 
Sure does....
 [Profile]  [PM] 
stillbob
EU.gif
Post 2018-09-08 22:25   [Quote] 
Well, like hoops said... Very Happy

As the older fz freaks get even older, the forums are becoming somewhat more quiet it seems.
But go right ahead, ask and rant away!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Zappa/ is fairly active, so check that out too.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
McMick
Post 2018-09-09 03:20   [Quote] 
I wonder how many young people even use forums now? Seems like most just follow people on Twatter or some shit like that. What I'm saying is, I hope it isn't merely due to fewer people listening to Frank's music.

Also I'm guessing a lot of you who have been around a long time have said everything you wanted to say already Razz
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2018-09-09 07:48   [Quote] 
McMick wrote:
I wonder how many young people even use forums now? ...
And there I was thinking I was being all hip using forums.... disbelief I used to be with it... but then they changed what it was.... sage

McMick wrote:
...Also I'm guessing a lot of you who have been around a long time have said everything you wanted to say already Razz

Yes, in some cases more than once....

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
scoobie
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-09-11 00:06   [Quote] 
Write that essay, I would read it.

We got a lot of stuff going on in the Speakers Forum... Like that thread I posted a while ago about the guy who kept calling the city library to complain about the traffic on his street. Totally relevant.

I am a bit like you in that I know very few Zappa freaks in 'meatspace' and largely confine my Frank habit web to the web or my music room.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-09-11 11:37   [Quote] 
scoobie wrote:
Ö Like that thread I posted a while ago about the guy who kept calling the city library to complain about the traffic on his street. Totally relevant.

When Iím old Iíll complain for all sorts of reasons. Iíll have people wait at the post office while I complain about the price of stamps. Ditto at the supermarket, people will have to wait while I complain about the poor quality of the fruits. Oh boy Iím looking forward to it imslow

ďThe price of meat has just gone upĒ, itís a start sage
 [Profile]  [PM] 
polydigm
australia.gif
Post 2018-09-11 17:52   [Quote] 
McMick wrote:
... I have a myriad of questions and comments ... would anyone bother to read through it? ...
I asked you a question here a while ago and you haven't replied.

manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2018-09-11 20:44   [Quote] 
CheepnisAroma wrote:
When Iím old Iíll complain for all sorts of reasons. Iíll have people wait at the post office while I complain about the price of stamps. Ditto at the supermarket, people will have to wait while I complain about the poor quality of the fruits. Oh boy Iím looking forward to it imslow

At what age do you think a person is old ? Razz
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2018-09-11 21:22   [Quote] 
manxzx wrote:

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
 [Profile]  [PM] 
uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2018-09-12 06:34   [Quote] 
manxzx wrote:
CheepnisAroma wrote:

I think it's an individual thing, however probably I'm old (59) because I complain for all sorts of reasons Smile and sometimes I dream about when I'll be retired just to have the opportunity of having a good time as CheepnisAroma says Very Happy

manxzx
Busy Poster
Post 2018-09-12 07:15   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
manxzx wrote:

107-year-old's secret to a long life? Four bottles of red wine a day Surprised
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2018-09-12 08:20   [Quote] 
manxzx wrote:
father-0blivion wrote:
manxzx wrote:

107-year-old's secret to a long life? Four bottles of red wine a day Surprised
Laughing

I don't know anyone who drinks four bottles of red wine a day... I used to know a bloke who drank four bottles of White Lightning a day but he just looked 107....

(I don't drink unfortunately but I AM hoping to make it to 110 on 40 fags a day...)

[Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: