Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
The return of the edited... Frank Zappa back on the road! The Hologram Tour
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
kewo69
spain.gif
Post 2018-08-10 11:22   [Quote] 
TPS wrote:
You can put the band back together, but can you give some electromagnetic radiation waves enough stage presence to command them and make them perform as a Frank could do?

IMO that kind of leadership is impossible, only big big money could do that somehow and worse. I´d like to think about the sentimental part of it but I don´t know.

Some "new" information, don´t know if it´s already discussed. Scott Thunes published this on his FB 06/23/2018, so it´s quite fresh:

"Had a nice conference call with the boys from the up-coming The Bizarre World of Frank Zappa. Mostly talking about timing of the tour, how many dates, US/Europe, rehearsal length. Some other tidbits of song choices and stage wizardry were mentioned (and promptly were told to never breath a word of it, something I will hold dear to my heart as I want everybody to be as surprised as possible).

Rehearsals still starting in late January, tour starting a little later than mentioned last time, but we were given the choice to add songs we liked, which is super nice.

NONE of this is as important as the fact that I am going back out on the road with my good friend and amazing human, Ray White. I have been very jealous of all the other assholes who have had the pleasure of working with him over the years while I sat around making babies. No more. No more making babies. Just music! Or something! There's a joke there!"

Maybe some kind of Frunobulax is coming, nothing will be able to stop it? We´ll see how it goes and what really comes out!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Yuke
Busy Poster
Post 2018-10-24 02:03   [Quote] 
I thought of this thread while reading this piece on Vox...

No industry is weirder than the dead celebrity hologram industry (October 23, 2018)
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/the-goods/2018/10/23/18010274/amy-winehouse-hologram-tour-controversy-technology?__twitter_impression=true

I like this closer...

The novelty of a “hologram,” he argued, would wear off, and only our emotional ties to dead celebrities we’ve loved would remain to keep us interested in a dusty, hokey experiment. If the intensity of feeling that comes with the unexpected intimacy of these tricks of light wears off, this entire hotly debated industry will be little more than a couple-decade trend — as forgettable and inconsequential as the once-beloved VHS.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2018-10-24 03:54   [Quote] 
TWO decades?! We're already getting pretty close to never having to leave the house. But by then?
Will J-Lo in her holo-prime sit on my face while she sings whatever she does sing?

Ehhh...With all the hype-excitement, and the Ahmet-Eyellusion connection, the Zappa Show is gonna be the
one the industry types will be checking out so they can figure out how to make real money.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Yuke
Busy Poster
Post 2018-10-24 18:56   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:
Ehhh...With all the hype-excitement, and the Ahmet-Eyellusion connection, the Zappa Show is gonna be the
one the industry types will be checking out so they can figure out how to make real money.

Laughing
 [Profile]  [PM] 
GenerousMittenful
usa.gif
Post 2018-10-24 19:34   [Quote] 
brainpang wrote:

Will J-Lo in her holo-prime sit on my face while she sings whatever she does sing?

Laughing

[Profile]  [PM] 
LeifH
canada.gif
Post 2018-10-24 21:46   [Quote] 
I just wanna see the band, I'd prefer if there was no hologram. Hoping the tour rolls through Vancouver. Won't be surprised if they are using the Yondr pouches and restricting photos/video.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
belew-vibe
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-10-24 22:50   [Quote] 
LeifH wrote:
I just wanna see the band, I'd prefer if there was no hologram. Hoping the tour rolls through Vancouver. Won't be surprised if they are using the Yondr pouches and restricting photos/video.

Keneally and Thunes on the same stage would be a victory. I just wish I could see Warren plug in !!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-10-25 00:39   [Quote] 
belew-vibe wrote:
Keneally and Thunes on the same stage would be a victory. I just wish I could see Warren plug in !!

A victory? A victory of what?

I think Scott and Mike get along well and they already appeared together on Zappanale #13 in 2002 -
at the show of a band of Scott's sister Stacy Thunes: "The Lewinskys" - so that's nothing special today.

BTW, I was there. Smile
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
belew-vibe
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-10-25 00:49   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
belew-vibe wrote:

A victory? A victory of what?

I think Scott and Mike get along well and they already appeared together on Zappanale #13 in 2002 -
at the show of a band of Scott's sister Stacy Thunes: "The Lewinskys" - so that's nothing special today.

BTW, I was there. Smile

It's always a victory !! I like to see them play together whenever possible. It's no secret that they got on well since 88...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
number1823
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-08 04:01   [Quote] 
A trailer for the tour . . . Lady Bianca is listed among the guests.

https://youtu.be/JYryg-9bYis
 [Profile]  [PM] 
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2018-11-08 07:33   [Quote] 
number1823 wrote:

''Comments are disabled for this video''.... That's a shame....

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Idiot
Power Poster
uk.gif
Post 2018-11-08 15:24   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:

You could always re-read the 13 pages of comments here.

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
oofers
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-11-08 19:40   [Quote] 
father-0blivion wrote:
number1823 wrote:

Certainly a preemptive strike.

Although I presume intentional, I hate the cheepnis style of this trailer.

"Playing the songs YOU WANNA HEAR!" -- You don't know what songs *I* want to hear!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jaypfunk
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2018-11-08 19:50   [Quote] 
Not digging this at all.

drdork
Contributor
canada.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-11-08 20:18   [Quote] 
oofers wrote:
"Playing the songs YOU WANNA HEAR!"

Portuguese Lunar Landing!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 13 of 14 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: