Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
What can we expect for the next release?
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
father-0blivion
Power Poster
england.gif
Post 2018-06-11 06:57   [Quote] 
robsam wrote:
...Anyway I think they should be following Fripp's model and I know this has been mentioned before so what do other's think about this idea?.

Well Fripp is still alive to 'oversee' all this stuff so that's quite a big difference... Also, am I right in saying that King Crimson have a bigger fan base than FZ?
You're dead right about all Zappa's solos being different though - and I'd guess that the brilliance of Frank's guitar playing is something ALL FZ fans can agree on (possibly the ONLY thing)... Maybe they should find a way to release every note he ever played on the guitar.. a sort of ''super-massive'' Shut Up N Play series! Videos too!

As far as the anniversary re-issues/Project/Objects go I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't shitloads of alternative takes etc. hanging around.... remember Frank was very keen on ''saving tape'' and reusing 'old' tape for new recordings... I think this was still going on until about 1980 or so.... I'm fairly sure Joe wouldn't have left anything good off of Crux if it existed in the vault, he would have liked a triple album as much as anyone!

Having fans pay in advance so that there is more flexibility on what/how much is transferred/released etc. is not a bad idea but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks I'd rather not trust the ZFT with too much of my money with their financial record.... Much like the A Winter kickstarter I strongly believe that Hollywood producers should fund their own projects.

Thanks for posting Rob, interesting stuff as always.

PS: I can't see a 700 CD set of 1988 shows selling too well.... I could be wrong but I'm probably not...

'' 'n pretty soon, there won't be no street, for dummies to jog on, or doggies to dog on, religious fanatics, can make it be all gone...''
(FZ: ''Dumb All Over'')
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2018-06-11 13:54   [Quote] 
If I liked Fripp/Crimson as much as I like Zappa, my finances would be in big trouble.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mistrijah
uk.gif
Post 2018-06-17 17:47   [Quote] 
Am I the only one who wants a syclavier box set?
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
mb666
germany.gif
Post 2018-06-17 18:33   [Quote] 
[quote="mistrijah"]Am I the only one who wants a syclavier box set?[/quote]

I don't know. But I sure don't. Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
CheepnisAroma
Contributor
EU.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-06-20 10:19   [Quote] 
mistrijah wrote:

No Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
TPS
Site Admin
EU.gif
Post 2018-06-20 11:50   [Quote] 
CheepnisAroma wrote:
mistrijah wrote:

No Smile

I'd love that!
But I'm guessing we are still a million miles away from anyone building a machine that can play most of that stuff.

[Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
WonkyWilly
usa.gif
Post 2018-06-20 21:53   [Quote] 
robsam wrote:
What is with 'The Crux of The Biscuit'? A single disc to represent an album recorded by Frank's best band. There's got to a shitload of alternate takes and songs that didn't make the apostrophe (') album.

That's not exactly true. Many tracks on Apostrophe' itself are leftover from much earlier sessions with various lineups and the extra tracks from those sessions have been immortalized later on albums such as "Lather" and some are probably being saved for future releases (Hot Rats? Overnite Senastion?). The Bolic, December 1973 session where much of "Yellow Snow" was recorded was held over for the "Roxy" box. That really doesn't leave very much beyond what was covered on "Crux".
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2018-06-21 13:57   [Quote] 
WonkyWilly wrote:
robsam wrote:
What is with 'The Crux of The Biscuit'? A single disc to represent an album recorded by Frank's best band. There's got to a shitload of alternate takes and songs that didn't make the apostrophe (') album.

That's not exactly true. Many tracks on Apostrophe' itself are leftover from much earlier sessions with various lineups and the extra tracks from those sessions have been immortalized later on albums such as "Lather" and some are probably being saved for future releases (Hot Rats? Overnite Senastion?). The Bolic, December 1973 session where much of "Yellow Snow" was recorded was held over for the "Roxy" box. That really doesn't leave very much beyond what was covered on "Crux".

Oddly, I think at least one thing labelled as May 1973 for "Yellow Snow" on Crux is from the same December 1973 session from the Roxy box.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
varanasibull
Poster
germany.gif
Post 2018-06-22 19:18   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
Waka/Wazoo box
Complete December 1976 New York shows

I don't know if those will be next, but I think they are likely to happen soon.

I second that. I love that ZINY Album and the tapes available. Plus, Wazoo is a all time fave - well, Music for the family to get excited to!!!! C'mon Ahmed, take it away….
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Busy Poster
burma.gif
Post 2018-06-28 07:14   [Quote] 
Having finshed my 70-71 playlist for APPLE MUSIC I am now having a deep listen to 66-69 and have been blown away by the playing on FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION
June 24-25, 1966 Fillmore Auditorium San Francisco, CA.

surely there must be some Frank tapes from this time in the KITCHEN Joe? The version of KING KONG is full of energy and musicianship I would love to hear more..

http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=27289
 [Profile]  [PM] 
pbuzby
Site Admin
usa.gif
Post 2018-06-28 14:03   [Quote] 
The 4 disc MOFO had some live material from 1966, plus FZ released some bits on Lumpy Gravy and YCDTOSA 5. Not sure if there is much more than that.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Busy Poster
burma.gif
Post 2018-06-28 18:23   [Quote] 
pbuzby wrote:
The 4 disc MOFO had some live material from 1966, plus FZ released some bits on Lumpy Gravy and YCDTOSA 5. Not sure if there is much more than that.

thank you for that I will search my copies...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
wingedeelfingerling
Busy Poster
burma.gif
Post 2018-06-29 08:03   [Quote] 
incendently the 4 disc MOFO is still avaiable from ZAPPA.COM for just $40...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
WonkyWilly
usa.gif
Post 2018-06-29 10:48   [Quote] 
The June 1966 tape on the tracker is from the 24th.

The big MOFO has a portion of the show from the 25th.

Why they didn't include an entire show, I have no idea, but hopefully we will see more someday, even if it's a complete upgrade of the 24th.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
croation beat
usa.gif
Post 2018-07-10 08:29   [Quote] 
When do you guys think the announcement will be for the next release?
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 2 of 5 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Albums All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: