Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
Glenn Branca RIP  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner
belew-vibe
Busy Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-05-15 20:44   [Quote] 
I thought I would at least mention this here. A visionary - I think Frank would have respected him... All of my favorite musicians are (either already gone or) dying !!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
chuck
Poster
australia.gif
Post 2018-05-16 00:00   [Quote] 
Branca was a pretty amazing musician/composer. I still remember reading an interview in Guitar Player magazine in the 80s in the era of shred and here was this guy discussing manipulation of sound in a completely different way and it was eye opening. His CDs are great but one always feels that seeing it live was the only way to capture what he was intending.

True so many dying.
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
brainpang
Power Poster
Post 2018-05-16 02:07   [Quote] 
chuck wrote:
Branca was a pretty amazing musician/composer. I still remember reading an interview in Guitar Player magazine in the 80s in the era of shred and here was this guy discussing manipulation of sound in a completely different way and it was eye opening. His CDs are great but one always feels that seeing it live was the only way to capture what he was intending.

True so many dying.

Most likely very true. Never saw the music live, but I hear ya.

RIP, Mr. Branca!

not music, but another big figure recently passed on as well:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/14/obituaries/adam-parfrey-publisher-of-the-provocative-dies-at-61.html
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> Speakers Corner All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: