Tracker|Orphanz|FZShows|Catalogue| FAQ |Search |Register|Mail us

Profile |Log in to check your private messages |Log in|Chat Room|Scrapbook|Zappateers map
1978 09 08 - Circus Krone Munich DE 58.01 Pro-Shot MC PAL LPCM (Bernhard-Pittylabelle)
Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3  
uncle max
Power Poster
germany.gif
Post 2018-02-27 07:27   [Quote] 
Thanks for this Michael.

cheers

oofers
Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-02-27 16:23   [Quote] 
Pittylabelle wrote:
Well, if I download a VIDEO_TS folder today, that's not necessarily a nuisance for me. I usually burn the VIDEO_TS folder of the downloaded torrents directly to DVD. Software player, such as the VLC, don't care about the matter if I give him a burned DVD or "only" the VIDEO_TS folder structure. The great thing: He present me the DVD as it is, including menu, as on a regular burned DVD. But to save space on my hard drives, I burn these things most direkt to a playable DVD.

Yes, it's great that VLC plays everything. But when it comes to using media server software (I use Serviio) to stream to a smart TV, as far as I know, most devices won't look at a VIDEO_TS folder and then present the contents as if you had actually put a DVD in a player. I always found it strange that I could attach a USB thumb drive with a VIDEO_TS folder to my Blu-ray player and it not know what to do -- it would only play the contained VOB files as stand-alone video clips. Same with my smart TV.

So if I download a VIDEO_TS file now, I typically just watch the VOBs in order (via streaming to my smart TV), while looking at the info.txt file to get the names of the songs in the performance.

Pittylabelle wrote:
the process of pure digitizing alone, is already extremely time-consuming: you have to maintain the equipment and prepare accordingly. The cassette to be digitized must be completely rewound several times - OK, I have to admid that this added effort is still being the smallest expense. Laughing

To obtain an error-free transfer of the cassette, several complete test runs of the cassette must be recorded - each time in real time. For each of these test runs, the image must be exactly observed. These are then, depending on the sound carrier or video, several hours of pure observation and / or listening time. Each of these test shots has other, random video interference or sound interference. Particularly vulnerable is VHS material. Some of these random interference are then so disturbing that a continuation, maybe in short before the end of the tape, make a further transfer pointless and you have to start all over again.

Wow. I had always thought about getting a video capture card to transfer old VHS tapes. I thought it would involve just hitting "play" on the VCR and "record" in the capture software, but your description makes me realize how labor-intensive the process actually is. Yes, I suppose you WOULD have to observe the whole process in real time for potential tracking problems and interference. I definitely wouldn't have the time to do anything like that now. Those VHS tapes will just have to sit. This makes me appreciate the work of those who transfer and upload -- and I know that any Zappateer doing such a process has more attention to detail than the average dime uploader.

Pittylabelle wrote:
To crown a project with a DVD menu and / or a suitably tuned DVD cover is then again a completely different matter. Depending on how elaborate and loving you do that - again another larger period of time is to be invested. Maybe days or even weeks of research and Photoshop work - who knows.

This was something I used to love the do, back when I had the time. I hated it when someone would upload a VIDEO_TS folder to dime with no menu or chapters (or even worse, chapters at every 5 minutes). I would demux it, tweak the audio, and reauthor. Survey the action for potential screen grabs, and use those to make a menu and artwork.

Pittylabelle wrote:
Of course, the whole thing takes place in the your free time mind and it's free for everybody. And of course you always have to be aware that later bootleggers also misunderstand your work for their own purposes.

So, under this requirements, you have to be damn enthusiastic - like only a few Zappateers here.

All in all so no overly motivating prerequisites to do such a good job here.

Therefore, I always bow to people like unicrayon, who were active in this domain here on Zappatters for many years.

One of my pet peeves is I want chapter lengths on my artwork. Years ago, I once sheepishly PMed unicrayon and asked if he could send me one of his DVD artworks minus a Photoshop layer so that I could redo the track listing and include the chapter lengths (just for my own use). He took the time to do this for me. It was then I realized what a community this is. Full of (mostly Razz ) great people.

Thanks again for your efforts!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
LudzNL
Contributor
netherlands.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-03-02 00:01   [Quote] 
headhammer

tunes tunes tunes tunes tunes tunes tunes tunes tunes tunes

TOGFIADO
Contributor
Contributor
Post 2018-03-09 21:55   [Quote] 
Despite this advance, some people will still insist there is no such thing as progress. Thanks for all your effort Pity. Love your work. Looking forward to watching this in even better quality. My favourite rehearsal of all.

keithpinkmoon
Post 2018-03-11 22:11   [Quote] 
Many thanks for this new version!!!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
WIU2B
Contributor
netherlands.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-03-17 18:13   [Quote] 
Thank you!

[Profile]  [PM] 
cheerdown
switzerland.gif
Post 2018-04-23 17:27   [Quote] 
Thanks!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
tordmullet
Poster
sweden.gif
Post 2018-06-02 21:53   [Quote] 
Thank you so much for his Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Maddrax
germany.gif
Post 2018-06-03 13:50   [Quote] 
thanks a lot for this upgraded version Smile
 [Profile]  [PM] 
warewolf95
Power Poster
usa.gif
Post 2018-06-07 00:30   [Quote] 
Holy crap thank you Pitty!

Shame on me, I've actually never bothered to ever watch this special before. Bout time I got around to it finally, eh?

Wink

McMick
Post 2018-08-15 22:36   [Quote] 
This is a real favorite of mine. I love any version of Zappa's songs with Vinnie's seal calls in them. Thanks!
 [Profile]  [PM] 
taurus
Busy Poster
canada.gif
Post 2018-08-23 00:00   [Quote] 
Been a few years since I've seen this, bought a VHS copy at record show sometime in the eighties- thanks for the upgrade
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Pittylabelle
Contributor
germany.gif
Contributor
Post 2018-08-23 00:04   [Quote] 
taurus wrote:
Been a few years since I've seen this, bought a VHS copy at record show sometime in the eighties- thanks for the upgrade

You are welcome! Wink
 [Profile]  [PM]  [www] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 3 of 3 Goto page:   Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zappateers.com Forum Index -> FZ Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to: